PDA

View Full Version : I never figured an armrest would be so difficult to find...

firehose777
03-13-2016, 08:41 PM
This has become a real aggravating experience. Can't find a straight answer from dealer or online. I wish I had done a little more research before I bought the car. It never occurred to me when I test drove it that it didn't have armrests. I'm usually very thorough when I'm buying a car and this just fell through the cracks. Luckily my wife is the primary driver, or I'd take it right back to the dealer and cancel the sale. Can't believe Toyota wouldn't sell this as an accessory.

stykerdk
03-18-2016, 09:48 AM
I have the Armster armrest In my hybrid, and it is Nice but only funktional when you have the pushed to the back position.
Thats because the Mount/cupholder where it is fitted is so far back.
In my previos 2012 Yaris xp13 i had the older model from Armster i Was Much better because the Mount Was NOT so far back to the front seats
http://dk.rati-shop.com/products/armster-2?car_brand=126&car_type=313&car_vintage=356

kimona
03-18-2016, 10:31 AM
The ArmsterS at 54.99 EUR is very nice and shipping is free within the EU. I don't see any shipping options outside of the EU.

Kalispel
03-18-2016, 10:51 AM
This has become a real aggravating experience. Can't find a straight answer from dealer or online. I wish I had done a little more research before I bought the car. It never occurred to me when I test drove it that it didn't have armrests. I'm usually very thorough when I'm buying a car and this just fell through the cracks. Luckily my wife is the primary driver, or I'd take it right back to the dealer and cancel the sale. Can't believe Toyota wouldn't sell this as an accessory.

Though I do miss the extra storage space of the armrest in my previous vehicle (Honda Accord EX), i actually prefer NOT having one in my 2015 Yaris, due to the different relative seating position in relation to the position of the manual gearbox. An armrest would be very awkward and uncomfortable in my 2015 Yaris for shifting purposes. I'm sure it's probably different though if you drive an automatic, where you aren't constantly rowing gears.

I do agree that Toyota dropped the ball by not offering simple accessories for the Yaris like an armrest, rear-exhaust tip finisher, etc. in the U.S./Canadian market.

Anyway, I've found my Yaris SE just as comfortable as my Accord EX was, once I adapted to a different "normal" sitting position that takes into account the different position of the gearbox and the lack of a left floor-mounted rubberized footrest. It's all smooth sailing now. :thumbsup:

BLKHILLSGUY
03-18-2016, 10:30 PM
Though I do miss the extra storage space of the armrest in my previous vehicle (Honda Accord EX), i actually prefer NOT having one in my 2015 Yaris, due to the different relative seating position in relation to the position of the manual gearbox. An armrest would be very awkward and uncomfortable in my 2015 Yaris for shifting purposes. I'm sure it's probably different though if you drive an automatic, where you aren't constantly rowing gears.

I do agree that Toyota dropped the ball by not offering simple accessories for the Yaris like an armrest, rear-exhaust tip finisher, etc. in the U.S./Canadian market.

Anyway, I've found my Yaris SE just as comfortable as my Accord EX was, once I adapted to a different "normal" sitting position that takes into account the different position of the gearbox and the lack of a left floor-mounted rubberized footrest. It's all smooth sailing now. :thumbsup:

I would have to agree with you, since we both drive manual 15 SE models. And I find the seat comfort very good. The ride can be a tad bumpy, but the seats are extremely comfy in the 15. Night and day difference from my 11 Yaris. And even better than my 13 Avalon Limited. A little more power would be nice, but it's great at what it's made for. And that's decades of faithful, reliable service. And that is most important to me.

skocka
03-19-2016, 06:10 AM
I have the Armster armrest In my hybrid, and it is Nice but only funktional when you have the pushed to the back position.
Thats because the Mount/cupholder where it is fitted is so far back.
In my previos 2012 Yaris xp13 i had the older model from Armster i Was Much better because the Mount Was NOT so far back to the front seats
http://dk.rati-shop.com/products/armster-2?car_brand=126&car_type=313&car_vintage=356

Hi, what exact type or armster do ouy currently have? Can you please take a photo of that armrest in your car? Thanks

stykerdk
03-19-2016, 09:25 AM
Hi, what exact type or armster do ouy currently have? Can you please take a photo of that armrest in your car? Thanks

I can do that , i have the armster 2 with metal grey, it matches the other metal surroundings in the car nice.
There is a nice video here with it in a yaris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuukgDAtMUU

I just check the DHL website the shipping to US is 40 us dollars from germany for such an armrest, you could try to contact the rati shop and ask if he will ship to US so it should be about the same from hungary.
If he is serviceminded he will offer that service.