PDA

View Full Version : i am looking to purchase a 2015 yaris factory head unit

nolaman7550
03-16-2016, 03:25 PM
i am looking for this factory head unit. toyota part #PT546-52150. please message me if you have one for sale or are interested in changing out yours. thanks. mike in NOLA

ern-diz
03-16-2016, 03:49 PM
That's really nice. If the price is significantly less than an aftermarket double din and the RMS power is similar, I'd totally go for something like that.

Hopefully someone has one for you.

zerosktz
05-11-2016, 08:30 PM
im also looking for this headunit! let me know if you have one! ill offer more money than mike! lol j/k mike... or am i? ohhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatpanda
05-15-2016, 04:27 PM
Does anyone have any insight if the 2012-2014 harness will work with this head unit?

VaultTec
05-15-2016, 09:55 PM
I'm curious as to why not go the aftermarket route? I used to see these all the time on eBay.

zerosktz
07-23-2016, 06:16 PM
still looking for this head unit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gedster314
08-21-2017, 01:58 PM
I know this is old but if anyone wants to do this, you may want to opt for the Scion version. The software is better. I have had both versions in my 2015 Scion XB when I was playing around with adding the NAV. Now I just bought my mom a 2015 Yaris. In the XB it's not even a 10 min job swapping it out.

The Toyota Nav maps are better though. I like the Scion software because you can add your bluetooth device from the head unit. Their are sound profiles that are tuned for the Scion cars but I selected the IQ profile and setting it to feel the bass you get pretty good sound, possibly the best base model factory sound out there. It also doesn't have that stupid Icon animation of the Toyota one. I like Ahha over Pandora. The toyota movie app sucks, the toyota yelp app sucks, the toyota weather app sucks, just use your phone.

Both Nav modules are interchangeable and are plug and play. You will need the harness that goes from the radio to the Nav, the mounts that mount the nav unit to the radio, a $14 GPS toyota GPS antenna and a Microphone if your car is not equiped with one. Back up cam is plug and play too but you have run the wires and nount the cam.

I would skip the Nav unless you just so happen to find a radio with it at a junkyard or on ebay. The headunit with Nav is $200-$400 on ebay, last I looked. The Android based head units on Amazon and Ebay are $200-300. I would suggest going with an Android head unite but if you want factory have at it, its easy and relativly cheap.

DarkShadowFox
08-23-2017, 01:48 PM
I would trade but I need mine ;3;

DarkShadowFox
08-23-2017, 01:48 PM
I know this is old but if anyone wants to do this, you may want to opt for the Scion version. The software is better. I have had both versions in my 2015 Scion XB when I was playing around with adding the NAV. Now I just bought my mom a 2015 Yaris. In the XB it's not even a 10 min job swapping it out.

The Toyota Nav maps are better though. I like the Scion software because you can add your bluetooth device from the head unit. Their are sound profiles that are tuned for the Scion cars but I selected the IQ profile and setting it to feel the bass you get pretty good sound, possibly the best base model factory sound out there. It also doesn't have that stupid Icon animation of the Toyota one. I like Ahha over Pandora. The toyota movie app sucks, the toyota yelp app sucks, the toyota weather app sucks, just use your phone.

Both Nav modules are interchangeable and are plug and play. You will need the harness that goes from the radio to the Nav, the mounts that mount the nav unit to the radio, a $14 GPS toyota GPS antenna and a Microphone if your car is not equiped with one. Back up cam is plug and play too but you have run the wires and nount the cam.

I would skip the Nav unless you just so happen to find a radio with it at a junkyard or on ebay. The headunit with Nav is $200-$400 on ebay, last I looked. The Android based head units on Amazon and Ebay are $200-300. I would suggest going with an Android head unite but if you want factory have at it, its easy and relativly cheap.

is there a line on the back of the headunit for a backup cam on the yaris model?

DarkShadowFox
08-23-2017, 01:52 PM
this diagram is similar yes?

https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/installation/eb7961fe9cfd724688257c0f0065517f_my15%20xb%20displ ay%20audio%20issa.pdf

gedster314
08-26-2017, 10:14 PM
this diagram is similar yes?

https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/installation/eb7961fe9cfd724688257c0f0065517f_my15%20xb%20displ ay%20audio%20issa.pdf

Never used the diagram but yeah that's it. On the XB the GPS antenna is mounted behind the glove box on top of the fan/cabin filter assembly. I ran mine up to the passenger side dash corner, figured reception would be better. It's just a 2 inch square little box.