PDA

View Full Version : C & D 2016 Yaris trashed

justanotherdrunk
06-10-2016, 08:23 PM
:rolleyes:

The roll eyes smiley is probably the best response.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-toyota-yaris-automatic-test-review

:middlefinger:

Dabuu
06-10-2016, 09:02 PM
Lol @ affordable single windshield wiper.

VaultTec
06-10-2016, 09:13 PM
"Jurassic-era transmission" 😅😅😅😅😅😅😅

Kalispel
06-10-2016, 09:52 PM
LOL, what do you expect from someone who thinks that the fugly little iA has "undulating curves" and great looks/proportions. This bias of the review is blatantly obvious. Plus, every complaint he blathers on about is negated by simply driving a manual SE instead of an automatic L/LE, and nearly all by driving the automatic SE. Reliability is also obviously far less important to the reviewer than the latest trendy, unnecessary tech bloat and Honda "magic seats".

As far as lines/sheetmetal go, the 2015/2016 yaris has lines along it's side/door/hood/bumper/etc. sheet metal/plastic - they are simply more subtle/low-key/flowing, rather than all that curvy-crazy nonsense that the iA and many other cars now sport. The iA (like most new Mazda cars) actually looks like it's sagging in the middle, thanks to all the ridiculous lines/curves and proportions. If he want to cite truly straight blank sheet metal along the doors/sides, he should be whining about the iM.

I do hate that 2016 two-tone paint scheme also though, and I'm not a fan of the factory-equipped L/LE trims in general because the Yaris loses most of its exterior character/charm and driving-fun stripped down like that. Oh well - Eye of the Beholder and all that.

tarkus
06-10-2016, 11:03 PM
IMO a lot of what they say is actually true. The 3rd gen Yaris' weight makes it feel sluggish compared to the earlier versions, and even those aren't exactly swift unless you do some mods. Yes, the 4-speed automatic transmission is outdated, where a 6-speed would give better economy (although the sedan apparently does have a 6-speed, according to Toyota's web site). Again it's pretty much the consensus on this site that a sway bar is recommended to get the handling up to par, and lowering springs are also worth having.

I'm a Yaris fan, and on my second one now, but I have to say it's disappointing that Toyota didn't put more effort into making the latest model more competitive against the rest of the pack.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

91mustang
06-11-2016, 10:53 AM
I'm on my second yaris also. our first was a 2007 automatic that my wife bought.

my 2012 SE yaris I bought from CarMax, paid to have it shipped from TN to VA because I wanted the 5 speed version and not another auto. I absolutely love the car myself, I know most people seem to think our yaris' are cheap cars even though I disagree.

Toyota definitely could update the cars transmissions. I think it would be awesome to see the yaris factory turbocharged to a power level around 200 hp be equal to the VW GTI.

I think the Yaris Platform is awesome how it is but could be so much better if they put a little more effort into it. Toyota doesn't seem to care about having performance cars anymore.

I like the SCION FRS but the power level is woefully underwhelming. With it changing into the Toyota 86 I'd love to see a power increase because I think the car is beautiful as is, just doesn't have enough power behind it.

jack black
06-11-2016, 06:25 PM
This bias of the review is blatantly obvious. Plus, every complaint he blathers on about is negated by simply driving a manual SE instead of an automatic L/LE, and nearly all by driving the automatic SE.

well, the review is for LE Auto, so it's on topic and your comment is off topic.
i agree the auto yaris is much underpowered. no question about it.

besides, they said:

The Yaris is quite a bit quicker when equipped with a five-speed manual transmission, but that’s not available on the LE four-door hatchback we tested, only the three-door base L model and the top-dog SE. Even so, it’s still a five-cog manual gearbox when many competitors have six-speed transmissions.

fnkngrv
06-12-2016, 12:27 AM
I have driven some of these competitor 6 speeds and at highway speeds they always require a downshift where the gear ratios of the c50 and it's built in OD function to me is much better and makes the car more nimble.

The discussion about the latest and future generations will continue to be broken records; Toyota doesn't care anymore about creating what they did with the 2nd gen mainly because of the small profit margins. That is one of the reasons they are farming out the platform to Mazda and integration is happening with the Yaris/iM/iA.

Sent from m-o-b-i-l-e

ern-diz
06-12-2016, 05:20 PM
In conclusion...

2nd gen for the win.

:biggrin::tongue:

YarTed
06-12-2016, 11:09 PM
In conclusion,....
The Yaris is a great car. I am totally loving my 2015 LE for a lot of reasons, including the firm seats, ride and cornering ability, just a nice car to drive.
I agree with above and if I could, I would prefer a "new" 2cd gen or even a 3rd gen pre 2015 for the better looks.
I need to live with what I have though, new in 2015 and I am enjoying its improvements and look forward to a lot of happy motoring. Cheers !