PDA

View Full Version : Many Yaris sightings

justanotherdrunk
06-27-2016, 05:41 PM
:rolleyes:

Kalispel
06-27-2016, 08:31 PM
I've seen a handful of iM and iA on the road since they made their debut, though not many. The 2015/2016 SE version Yaris is still the rarest to spot around here - I've seen a single red, gray (same one twice) and white on the road thus far total. The 2012-2014 SE is also scarce, and I've seen about a half-dozen or so total. I've seen about a dozen or so 2015/2016 L/LE, and double or more of the 2012-2014 L/LE. Even the 2nd Gen Yaris hatch/sedan isn't on the road to anywhere near the extent that I see most other makes/models. The S trim 2nd Gen is as rare as any 3rd Gen SE. I didn't buy my Yari for that reason, but it is sort of nice that I don't see it at every stop light, like I do the Corolla, Civic, etc. One of the perks of thinking for myself when it comes to 'what to look for' in a car that appeals to me, instead of mindlessly heeding the opinions of la-la-land auto reviewers/critics. :thumbup:

kimona
06-27-2016, 11:32 PM
I've only seen a couple of the big-mouth Yaris models on the road, which is a shame because the Yaris is a great car... that for some reason gets very bad press.

Since they were introduced, I've only seen 1 Mazda/Scion iA on the road and maybe 2 Toyota/Scion IM's. I think the iA should be discontinued and the iM reintroduced as the Toyota Auris (minus the ugly Scion treatment) available in basic trim.

tarkus
06-28-2016, 01:25 AM
Yarii are pretty common in Canada. You see several every day, all the generations. Never seen an iA. No idea what they even look like.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

invader166
06-28-2016, 04:47 AM
In the last year, I've seen a total of 2 Yaris iA vehicles in my area. 1 white and another 1 blue.

They honestly look very good from a rear and side view. The front on the other hand leaves something to be desired...:frown:

The iM on the other hand, is getting more and more common. I'm seeing more and more of them around. :smile:

Heck, I would actually get one as a replacement for my Yaris when the time comes. Then again...there's also the Mazda 3...:rolleyes:

http://driving.ca/mazda/mazda3/reviews/comparison/car-comparison-2016-mazda3-sport-vs-2016-scion-im

tomsimmons82
06-28-2016, 05:51 PM
The Yaris seems massively popular in the UK see them all the time mainly as they are really well priced and 0% Apr if you lease one although mainly hybrids

Kalispel
06-28-2016, 07:03 PM
Also, the iA (Mazda2) sedan tends to blend in with all the Mazda3 sedans on the road, when viewed from any angle except the front, unless you are really paying attention.

Kalispel
06-28-2016, 07:06 PM
The Yaris seems massively popular in the UK see them all the time mainly as they are really well priced and 0% Apr if you lease one although mainly hybrids

Yeah, the U.K. and Europe get the cool smaller cars & options compared to the USA. If you don't like trucks, SUVs or U.S. retro "muscle cars" then the U.S. market is pretty sad pickings. The Yaris SE was literally the only new subcompact or compact vehicle that I was really interested in getting in 2015, and 2016 isn't' any different.

ern-diz
06-29-2016, 10:14 AM
I'd be very happy with a WRX STi, Focus RS...shit, maybe even a Fiesta ST.

MadMax
06-29-2016, 10:28 AM
Sorry, but I'd take an iM over a 3 Gen Yaris...

http://images.newcars.com/images/car-pictures/original/2016-Scion-iM-Coupe-Hatchback-Base-4dr-Hatchback-Photo-5.png

I always liked the Auris!

Kalispel
06-29-2016, 12:06 PM
Sorry, but I'd take an iM over a 3 Gen Yaris...I always liked the Auris!

We will have to agree to disagree on that. :drinking:

The European Auris version of this car is so much nicer than the North American Scion-treatment version. I really like that blue though. Kind of makes me wish that I would have gone for the also-nice Blue Streak Metallic on my SE, instead of the Super White. That's what I get for trying to be practical in Sunstroke, AZ. :laugh:

ern-diz
06-29-2016, 04:02 PM
Isn't the iM the Yaris in other markets and about to become the Corolla hatch stateside?

kimona
06-29-2016, 04:53 PM
The European Auris version of this car is so much nicer than the North American Scion-treatment version.

Absolutely agree!

Kalispel
06-29-2016, 08:45 PM
I stalked a graphite gray iA today on the way home from work, while I was on the highway for several miles before my exit ramp. I thought that perhaps time/exposure might soften my horror at the front styling of the car, but alas no. I still like the taillight design and such though - and it would look even sharper back there with some sort of quality trunk lip spoiler.

NYC-SE
06-29-2016, 11:08 PM
The European Auris version of this car is so much nicer than the North American Scion-treatment version.

Absolutely agree!

X2

Dabuu
06-30-2016, 12:45 AM
Isn't the iM the Yaris in other markets and about to become the Corolla hatch stateside?

iM is an Auris in other markets, and it is not based of the Yaris, it is based off of the Corolla. But it has a superior rear suspension, double wish bone vs the Corolla's torsion beam.

If I were in the market for a Corolla, I'd rather purchase an iM on the suspension alone. The extra room in the hatch would be a plus.

ern-diz
06-30-2016, 12:08 PM
iM is an Auris in other markets, and it is not based of the Yaris, it is based off of the Corolla. But it has a superior rear suspension, double wish bone vs the Corolla's torsion beam.

If I were in the market for a Corolla, I'd rather purchase an iM on the suspension alone. The extra room in the hatch would be a plus.

Interesting.

What is the new Yaris in Thailand, Philippines, etc. based on then? I've seen some pics of them here on the forum and they look like the iM.

MadMax
08-07-2016, 12:40 AM
Saw another iM today, and I still stand by my earlier statement!

The 3 Gen Yaris was a step backward for the car.

tarkus
08-07-2016, 06:55 AM
Saw another iM today, and I still stand by my earlier statement!

No question about that.

Still it looks a lot nicer than the disgusting BMW i3 in the picture there! No wonder BMW hasn't manage to sell many.

WeeYari
08-07-2016, 08:27 AM
No question about that.

Still it looks a lot nicer than the disgusting BMW i3 in the picture there! No wonder BMW hasn't manage to sell many.

You kinda stepped in it there. That is the poster's i3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kar98
08-07-2016, 10:34 AM
Since they were introduced, I've only seen 1 Mazda/Scion iA on the road and maybe 2 Toyota/Scion IM's. I think the iA should be discontinued and the iM reintroduced as the Toyota Auris (minus the ugly Scion treatment) available in basic trim.

Great idea! Why didn't Toyota think of that!

http://blog.caranddriver.com/scions-living-on-scion-im-ia-to-be-renamed-toyota-corolla-im-yaris-ia/

tarkus
08-08-2016, 11:43 AM
Oh no, LOL

(Don't mention this to anyone, but I still think the i3 is one of the most obscenely ugly cars on the road. 😁)

Kalispel
08-08-2016, 12:51 PM

We will have to agree to disagree there. I personally think that the 2015/2016 SE is the best factory implementation of the Yaris yet for the North American market - which is why I purchased one. :thumbup:

WeeYari
08-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Why is justanotherdrunk editing out or deleting all his content from this thread?

...and with this I hit 4K posts :drinking:

NYC-SE
08-08-2016, 10:23 PM
Why is justanotherdrunk editing out or deleting all his content from this thread?

...and with this I hit 4K posts :drinking:

I noticed he deleted all his gifs from the gif thread in off-topic section as well. ?

Oh and happy 4000!