PDA

View Full Version : dropogly! haha lol.

vitzz
05-15-2007, 04:52 AM
will ive been looking at yaris'son this forum for a long time and most of them are pretty dropped but not what im looking for i want something really dropped like almost scrapping why i dont know i dont really care about the scrappage so does anyone have any pictures of dropped HB yaris and what kinda suspension should be run thanks a lot guys! :thumbup:

Imagine
05-15-2007, 08:34 AM
Ah, I remember those days... How low can you go? I use to push pop cans around parking lots. lol It's fun sometimes, but other times it really sucks and is completely impractical. My recommendation is save for a set of coilovers. You can go really low without sacrificing ride quality and you can raise it back up if you need to.. If you are really feeling daring you could always go with hydraulics or airbags.. I cherish quality handling to much for that route, but hey if you want low then it's the way to go.

black Ice
05-15-2007, 09:02 AM
is it low enough??

vitzz
05-15-2007, 02:25 PM
^^ thats pretty low but rims kinda big for my taste but thats low man thanks i just wanted to get an idea of how it looks if theres any more pictures anyone has please post,

Imagine.. yea i think i might just save up for coilovers hydros are gay no handling ya know not into that no performance type .:w00t:

ChinoCharles
05-15-2007, 02:30 PM
The best suspension setup for this car is Tein's coilover kit with EDFC. No ifs, ands, or buts. Track tested, YW approved.

You can also mix and match strut and spring choices, although I would suggest sticking with the same brand for both components. Companies build their products to work with one another, and don't forget it. Having said that, TRD shocks and Tanabe springs would look teriffic and handle nicely,too... for a lot less than you'll pay for coilovers.

Megan coilovers are about the cheapest I've seen thus far at around $900. That is no small amount of money there. There are also rumors about an adjustable setup for $500 coming soon? By the time you've broken in your springs another 2 or 3 options could be around. Who knows.

vitzz
05-15-2007, 03:04 PM
yea i was considering edfc i like that whole concept of things..
trd shocks and tanabe springs how low can i gow like i mentioned i want it pretty damn low almost tucking but im also gonna have like 15 or 16's on it so it should be fine and if rubbing occurs roll the fender ya know always worked for me lol. but i will take into consideration all of the above especially edfc / megan coilovers

Imagine
05-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Imagine.. yea i think i might just save up for coilovers hydros are gay no handling ya know not into that no performance type .:w00t:

I had juice on a Nissan pickup back in the day. It was fun as hell to play with and throw sparks, but it was scary as hell to just drive. I'd never even consider doing something like that to a sport compact! I like taking corners way to fast. It's all about the go-cart handling.:thumbup:

marcus
05-15-2007, 03:49 PM
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5323&page=2

will ive been looking at yaris'son this forum for a long time and most of them are pretty dropped but not what im looking for i want something really dropped like almost scrapping why i dont know i dont really care about the scrappage so does anyone have any pictures of dropped HB yaris and what kinda suspension should be run thanks a lot guys! :thumbup:

brickhardmeat
05-15-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm liking the looks of the Megan Coilovers since they have adjustable heigth and dampening unlike the Tein coilovers. I have pretty much decided I myself will go with the Megan. With a 2 inch drop though I've already scraped trying to get in and out of driveways and parking lots so probably just 2 1/2 front and maybe a full 3 in the rear on my 15's and I'll still be able to get around town.:smile:

ChinoCharles
05-15-2007, 09:36 PM
I wouldn't take a Yaris below 2" on either end. I'm only running 1.5" or so and I have to be careful sometimes, too, although I only scrape out of negligence and not out of necessity. Take it for what its worth... for some low isn't low enough. :cool:

brickhardmeat
05-15-2007, 09:45 PM
I wouldn't take a Yaris below 2" on either end. I'm only running 1.5" or so and I have to be careful sometimes, too, although I only scrape out of negligence and not out of necessity. Take it for what its worth... for some low isn't low enough. :cool:

thought you got the df?

I honestly think 2.5 is a fairly safe heigth and I am also on 15 inch wheels with 205/50/15 tires

at least I'll have some options with the adjustable coilovers, I may end up doing a bit of front end work:laugh: