PDA

View Full Version : 3rd gen still economical or beaten?

DavidosMalta
07-30-2016, 03:54 AM
I have been looking around the internet for ages but I could not get conclusive answers. Is the Toyota Vitz/Yaris still the most economical or hast it been beaten by the Honda Fit and Mazda2?

WeeYari
07-30-2016, 08:44 AM
It is still economical but has never been the most economical. That is of course you are questioning economical from a fuel efficiency perspective. Economical in terms of long term cost of ownership, then I'd have to say yes, the Yaris would be in the running for top spot.

KenTK808
07-30-2016, 06:51 PM
I believe the cost to own is a lot lower than the others. Also you get a lot of car for your money. Honda fits are filled with useless features that you don't need, yet people still rave about them. Id rather pay 11 grand for a yaris then 17 grand for a fit.17 grand is like civic and camry prices. Also don't read car and drivers review of the yaris, it has a lot of mis-information.

thewickett
07-31-2016, 03:47 PM
If you're talking cost per mile including:
gas
repairs/maintenance
insurance
purchase price

Then my money is on a used Yaris - okay value new; amazing value on the used market.

DavidosMalta
08-01-2016, 06:25 AM
I am talking about the fuel efficiency mostly. But it would nice to talk how reliable the car is compared to its Japanese competitors. In my mind, with regards to quality I would rank them Yaris 1st, Fit 2nd and Mazda2/Demio 3rd.

However, I am still puzzled about which is the most economical of the three.

tarkus
08-01-2016, 01:35 PM
For pure gasoline economy, the Prius would beat all of them. But that's not counting the cost of replacing the batteries when they've reached the end of their life.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Kalispel
08-01-2016, 04:18 PM
A lot of it depends upon how and where you drive. I've been averaging 40-41 MPG for the last year in my manual 2015 Yaris here in Phoenix, AZ - and that's better than I was expecting to be honest. :thumbsup:

Dodge Aries K
08-02-2016, 07:29 PM
The cost of replacing the Prius battery is exactly why I traded in my 2005 Prius for a 2014 Yaris LE