PDA

View Full Version : front door trim removal

kevinj93
10-19-2016, 04:44 PM
Hi All,

I'm getting my new driver's door mirror back from the painter this afternoon. the old one was smashed by a truck.

Any hidden screws to be aware of for the trim removal? The door armrest has switches for central locking and power windows.

NYC-SE
10-19-2016, 07:51 PM
There are 3 screws holding the door card to the door frame. One is under the round tab in the door handle cutout. The other 2 can be accessed by prying up on the door armrest. The armrest will pop out. Remove the plugs going to the window and door switches. You should then see the other 2 screws. After removing them pry around the edge of the door card. You will feel when it snaps out of the clips. Then lift door card up.

Then you will see 3 bolts holding the mirror to the door frame. There will probably be some wiring going to the mirror that will have to be disconnected and transferred over.

When putting everything back make sure you reattach the ball end of the cable for the door release. There is a thread here about someone who forgot to do that and is now locked out of his car. Good luck.

kevinj93
10-19-2016, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the information NYC-SE.

I got the door trim off, the new mirror fitted, and the door trim back on in 15 minutes taking my time.

Thanks for the warning about the door lock cable. It didn't come adrift, but I double checked before puttind the trim back on.