PDA

View Full Version : Need to know answer by today...

jlift
05-18-2007, 11:12 AM
I put new rims on my 07 Yaris LB and am going into the dealer tomorrow for a cat. converter swap (sulfur smell). I wonder if the are obligated to do a wheel alignment if I ask them to after I put the new wheels on. The wheels were done about one month after I bought the car. They are DiscountTire wheels. If I tell them "It's steering kind of weird" should they do the alignment under warranty? Thanks..

p.s. I thought somewhere that you get one free alignment during the first 12,000 miles??

Astroman
05-18-2007, 11:20 AM
I've personally never heard of that, but I suppose it's worth a shot... My Yaris didn't need an alignment after I put new wheels and tires on. I don't think they are going to go for it though.

nqd
05-18-2007, 11:27 AM
My Yaris didn't need an alignment after I put new wheels and tires on.

Same here....i put my new wheels on 30 min after i went off the lot.... and came back to the dealership for an inspection sticker....

PetersRedYaris
05-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Tires and wheels should not effect alignment as long as the suspension was not altered. If you didn't do springs or struts and the alignment is off, it was off before the new wheels were installed.

rage2
05-18-2007, 12:17 PM
If you went with wider tires, the car will follow pits in the road a lot more, and the car will feel all over the place. Is that what you're experiencing?

Wheels and tires, regardless of size, does not change alignment at all, so that shouldn't be the case.

jlift
05-18-2007, 12:24 PM
If you went with wider tires, the car will follow pits in the road a lot more, and the car will feel all over the place. Is that what you're experiencing?

Wheels and tires, regardless of size, does not change alignment at all, so that shouldn't be the case.

Nope. Using stock tires on a 15 x 6.5 wheel. (DiscountTire "Rage") Link: http://tinyurl.com/yrrn95

Just thought I might need an alignment and was trying to get the dealer to do it. But, I have been educated on this now that I really don't need one. I'm learning!!!:w00t:

Astroman
05-18-2007, 12:42 PM
You should be fine. But if it feels like your trying to drive a slinky, then you need the alignment.