PDA

View Full Version : Push button start for the third gen?

m.flores.0928
04-11-2017, 12:06 AM
Has anyone out there installed a push button start on a third gen? I know it's a thing on the other side of the pond in Europe and Asia, I'm wondering if that's something I could do to my car here. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KenTK808
04-11-2017, 03:58 PM
I dont think you can as our cars have the transponder chips. So you will not easily be able to get full push start only functionality. However I'm sure you can do the push start where you stick the key in and turn it to on and then hit the start button. There is a ton of DIY online about these.

m.flores.0928
04-11-2017, 04:01 PM
I dont think you can as our cars have the transponder chips. So you will not easily be able to get full push start only functionality. However I'm sure you can do the push start where you stick the key in and turn it to on and then hit the start button. There is a ton of DIY online about these.

Would you mind linking me some? I haven't found any. Thanks!

NYC-SE
04-11-2017, 04:35 PM
Sorry but why in the world would you want this? To me push button start is a step backwards. Just more problems waiting to happen.

People forget to shut down the engine. People forget who has the fob, drops off the one that does, continues on the way to destination and can't start the car when its time to leave. Yes that happens. A LOT. Plus just extra stuff to break. No thank you.

m.flores.0928
04-11-2017, 05:57 PM
Sorry but why in the world would you want this? To me push button start is a step backwards. Just more problems waiting to happen.

People forget to shut down the engine. People forget who has the fob, drops off the one that does, continues on the way to destination and can't start the car when its time to leave. Yes that happens. A LOT. Plus just extra stuff to break. No thank you.

With all due respect, I wasn't asking for an opinion, and surely not yours. So negative. I was asking if anyone here has any knowledge and experience on the matter about parts and installation, etc.

WeeYari
04-11-2017, 07:23 PM
Seen it done to a Gen2 a few years back here in Canada. It was a money is no object project and all required parts, genuine Toyota, were sourced from Japan. That is the only instance of a push button retrofit having been done in the community that I'm aware of.

Would you mind linking me some? I haven't found any. Thanks!

Just google 'installing push button start' and you'll get bombarded with product, video, and diy links. None will be specific to a Yaris if that is what you mean by not being able to find any.

m.flores.0928
04-11-2017, 07:48 PM
Seen it done to a Gen2 a few years back here in Canada. It was a money is no object project and all required parts, genuine Toyota, were sourced from Japan. That is the only instance of a push button retrofit having been done in the community that I'm aware of.

Just google 'installing push button start' and you'll get bombarded with product, video, and diy links. None will be specific to a Yaris if that is what you mean by not being able to find any.

Oh I see, hmmm. Yeah, I'll keep looking. As similar as the 2nd and 3rd gen cars are, I would imagine the install would not differ much from other installs on older ones. Thanks guys

Kalispel
04-11-2017, 08:36 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Newer cars are being gratuitously over-engineered today to the point of ridiculousness, and once the warranty has expired there is now a new boatload of things to break/malfunction and need expensive repairs on top of the core mechanicals of the vehicle. Almost all the new 'safety tech' is only useful to selfish idiots who are too busy texting and posting social media updates on their smartphones to actually drive and pay attention to the road, or perhaps to certain really old seniors who probably shouldn't be driving anymore to begin with.

KenTK808
04-12-2017, 04:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FBQwxm0uYo

enviri
04-12-2017, 08:32 PM
its possible to have. its just a bling item really. I have it in my gen2. You can start the car normally, or push the button. CTScott made it happen.

WeeYari
04-12-2017, 11:07 PM
its possible to have. its just a bling item really. I have it in my gen2. You can start the car normally, or push the button. CTScott made it happen.
Is that echo_hrs old parts living on in your ride?

Sent from my Elite_5_5_Octa using Tapatalk