PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid owners is this normal 'priming/prepping' noise or just mine?

funky2nite
05-11-2017, 01:00 AM
To put my mind at rest, when turning the key to acc or on from off, normally cars prime fuel or whatever. But my hybrid's priming sound im not too sure off. Ignore the two vibration sound at the beginning of the video as an email was just received.

Thanks everyone,

funky2nite
05-11-2017, 01:05 AM
To put my mind at rest, when turning the key to acc or on from off, normally cars prime fuel or whatever. But my hybrid's priming sound im not too sure off. Ignore the two vibration sound at the beginning of the video as an email was just received.

Thanks everyone,

Sry wouldn't let me attach video. So i uploaded to youtube here : https://youtu.be/zf4Q8m1g1e0

Bluevitz-rs
05-12-2017, 09:28 AM
The Toyota hybrid systems use a coolant thermos that stores hot coolant. When you start up a cold engine the system pumps the warm coolant through the head to speed up the warming of the engine.

funky2nite
05-13-2017, 02:53 AM
The Toyota hybrid systems use a coolant thermos that stores hot coolant. When you start up a cold engine the system pumps the warm coolant through the head to speed up the warming of the engine.

Do you think it's the same thing for our yaris hybrid? cos a look on the net only returns prius chats. Was a bit more concerned on the noise itself, cos it's a bit 'rattly' just like an old refrigerator's motor :/

Bluevitz-rs
05-13-2017, 08:06 AM
On my side of the pond it is labeled a Prius C with a slightly different body.

How many miles/km on the car? All those sounds are normal for a cold hybrid.

funky2nite
05-13-2017, 09:33 AM
It's a 2013 reg with 13k miles on the clock.

stykerdk
05-13-2017, 03:40 PM
Its normal its making some prepping/pumping sound when you open the driver door, but ours doesnt make that buzz sound.

funky2nite
05-15-2017, 03:03 PM
Its normal its making some prepping/pumping sound when you open the driver door, but ours doesnt make that buzz sound.

I figured that the sound isnt as toyota intends it to be. If one is sure about what the sound is or where its coming from when either the door is opened/key switched on, maybe i can have a look at it. Someone mentioned the coolant thermos. Can anyone record a short sound/clip of their hybrid priming on turning key oropen door so i can compare ?