PDA

View Full Version : Help, how to remove the reverse light

logoris
09-27-2017, 09:16 PM
I was changing my reverse light bulb and the factory bulb fell out in the housing and I need to get it out.

I'm not use to new cars all my used cars had stiff connections

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

RicStyx
09-28-2017, 12:01 AM
Comes down to two options, either you can get a small pair of medical tweezers /pliers and carefully go in and try grab it and pull it out but it's difficult, or you need to remove the light housing from the car. Should be either a few nuts/bolts or screws and then you may have to gently but firmly push the light housing out as there are small but strong tabs on the back that gold it into place. Then just turn it upside down and fish it out and re install it. If your not comfortable doing so let someone who can do it do it. I haven't had to remove my tail light housing yet so not sure the exact location of the attachment points.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

kevinj93
09-28-2017, 03:02 AM
Samr thing happened to me. I got the globe out with a stiff wire bent to reach with some double sided foam tape on the end.

logoris
09-28-2017, 06:40 AM
Samr thing happened to me. I got the globe out with a stiff wire bent to reach with some double sided foam tape on the end.Thanks I'll give it a try

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

mrpj
09-29-2017, 03:36 AM
The rear light cluster will not just push or pull out once the securing nuts are removed from inside. It is also "clipped" on the outside and the bumper has to come off for cluster removal. (U.K. spec., French built)
Whether cars built elsewhere have been designed better for this task i. e. no bumper moulding removal, I don't know.

logoris
10-02-2017, 01:21 PM
The rear light cluster will not just push or pull out once the securing nuts are removed from inside. It is also "clipped" on the outside and the bumper has to come off for cluster removal. (U.K. spec., French built)
Whether cars built elsewhere have been designed better for this task i. e. no bumper moulding removal, I don't know.

I can feel to screws and a support but I cannot see where the support is secured