PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the ride.

PolrWht07
05-23-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm new to having a nice car that deemed washing. could some of you guys help me out in figuring out the proper steps in giving the exterior of my car a good cleaning. i'm assuming wash/wax etc. But can anyone reccomend a certain wax?

brickhardmeat
05-23-2007, 07:11 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Tons of opinions on this. What are we going to have to do to get you to use the search feature?

I am thinking the top mention here is ICE. Use the damn seach box.:smile:

by the way nimble is a clean freak, look at what he does to his car there is a thread here somewhere, you'll find it doing a search

blacksan
05-23-2007, 07:17 PM
With a new car stay away from any wax/polish with abrasives. I personally love Super Glaze by The Wax Shop. It is a straight Carnuba that also cleans tar, bugs and the like real well. You just wax as usual and this stuff just melts tar that can be wiped off when it dries. This is not the only choice by any means.

PolrWht07
05-23-2007, 07:19 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Tons of opinions on this. What are we going to have to do to get you to use the search feature?

I am thinking the top mention here is ICE. Use the damn seach box.:smile:

by the way nimble is a clean freak, look at what he does to his car there is a thread here somewhere, you'll find it doing a search

if you're not fond of my threads, you don't have to post on them. I was just trying to get some feedback, that's what I thought this whole forum was about.

brickhardmeat
05-23-2007, 07:21 PM
if you're not fond of my threads, you don't have to post on them. I was just trying to get some feedback, that's what I thought this whole forum was about.

hey calm down, I'm really trying to help you out a little, get off your ass an use the search feature, just trying to motivate

that is what it is about but it get's way cluttered with stuff like this that has been discussed a million times, I am just as guilty because I am adding to the clutter right now

it's your fault because you started this thread

jamal1984
05-23-2007, 09:17 PM
hey calm down, I'm really trying to help you out a little, get off your ass an use the search feature, just trying to motivate

that is what it is about but it get's way cluttered with stuff like this that has been discussed a million times, I am just as guilty because I am adding to the clutter right now

it's your fault because you started this thread

he is right, search for Waxing the yaris or something like that, there is a ton of them in there. ICE is super for weekend. and easiest.

kurokoma-kun
05-23-2007, 09:21 PM
Oh you guys, I think you are both right...

I can't tell you how much good info I have found by using the search utility, it really does work quite well, actually has brought up lots of questions I would never have thought to ask...

Since some of the most thought-provoking threads come from asking an original question, it seems like the best way to get lots of good feedback is to try to find out as much as you can first, then post whatever question is still on your mind...

Just my opinion, you guys, I don't mean to butt in... :smile:

Oh yeah, and I think ICE is fantastic!

blacksan
05-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Oh you guys, I think you are both right...

I can't tell you how much good info I have found by using the search utility, it really does work quite well, actually has brought up lots of questions I would never have thought to ask...

Since some of the most thought-provoking threads come from asking an original question, it seems like the best way to get lots of good feedback is to try to find out as much as you can first, then post whatever question is still on your mind...

Just my opinion, you guys, I don't mean to butt in... :smile:

Oh yeah, and I think ICE is fantastic!

You said butt. Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!:bellyroll: