PDA

View Full Version : Im Moving to Orlando!

redyaris
05-23-2007, 09:01 PM
Sick of Atlanta and all it encompasses. I also have a tourism/travel/hospitality background. Wife is transferring job location. Hopefully my daughter will have a better quality of life. My house is listed and as soon as its sold im outta here!!!!!!:cool:

MCO Yaris owners help me out...been to Orlando many times but need to know good places to live...(btw im familiar with Parramore! :evil: ).I have targeted east Orlando near UCF and west Orlando near Windermere. PMs are fully acceptable.

I dont want to live too far from downtown or tourist corridor (20 miles max). Wanted to live in Celebration but WAY too pricey for my likes.

Where are the best public schools (if any in Orange)? Anyone know about the WEDGEFIELD GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB area? Lots of new houses there i see....

Thanks Otown owners! See you soon! Let you know when this happens.:headbang:

Sabretooth
05-24-2007, 06:15 AM
Good schools in that area, but like all Florida schools, we have a huge overcrowding problems. It is almost impossible to find a school that isnt overcrowded, unless you go charter.

Check where you can get FCAT Grades per school, the higher letter the better. Heres the complete Orange county list for the scores: Just find the schools near you. http://www.wesh.com/sponsors/9380884/detail.html

Happy Hunting and Good luck with the move: We need to hang out sometime.

brickhardmeat
05-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Disney World

redyaris
05-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Good schools in that area, but like all Florida schools, we have a huge overcrowding problems. It is almost impossible to find a school that isnt overcrowded, unless you go charter.

Check where you can get FCAT Grades per school, the higher letter the better. Heres the complete Orange county list for the scores: Just find the schools near you. http://www.wesh.com/sponsors/9380884/detail.html

Happy Hunting and Good luck with the move: We need to hang out sometime.

Thanks Sabre! Ill check the FCAT out.

redyaris
06-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Got an offer on my house...closing date set for July 9! Looks like I'll make that Orlando meet after all...as a resident.

Ci2Eye
07-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Sick of Atlanta and all it encompasses. I also have a tourism/travel/hospitality background. Wife is transferring job location. Hopefully my daughter will have a better quality of life. My house is listed and as soon as its sold im outta here!!!!!!:cool:

MCO Yaris owners help me out...been to Orlando many times but need to know good places to live...(btw im familiar with Parramore! :evil: ).I have targeted east Orlando near UCF and west Orlando near Windermere. PMs are fully acceptable.

I dont want to live too far from downtown or tourist corridor (20 miles max). Wanted to live in Celebration but WAY too pricey for my likes.

Where are the best public schools (if any in Orange)? Anyone know about the WEDGEFIELD GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB area? Lots of new houses there i see....

Thanks Otown owners! See you soon! Let you know when this happens.:headbang:

RedYaris,

What's so bad about Atlanta? I'm a native and just found this site and starting searching the SE section and find you dissing my town.

redyaris
07-03-2007, 04:04 PM
RedYaris,

What's so bad about Atlanta? I'm a native and just found this site and starting searching the SE section and find you dissing my town.

Im not even gonna get into it with you...im done with it.

However welcome to yarisworld. I'm glad I inspired your first post.

Just look around, open your eyes and see what your hometown has become.:thumbdown:

Update: On Tuesday, July 10 I hit the streets of Central Florida. Look for a red and flashy blur on the 408 soon.

jamal1984
07-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Im not even gonna get into it with you...im done with it.

However welcome to yarisworld. I'm glad I inspired your first post.

Just look around, open your eyes and see what your hometown has become.:thumbdown:

Update: On Tuesday, July 10 I hit the streets of Central Florida. Look for a red and flashy blur on the 408 soon.

seriously redyaris, you should tell us a little bit why atlanta is bad for you?

I' live in Buford, and things been fine here. love is so far.