View Full Version : New corollas!

hasher22
05-28-2007, 04:55 AM
omg they are in aust!!

http://www.toyota.com.au/corolla

yay i want to drag one!! lol

Sabina74
05-28-2007, 06:32 AM
In Europe the new Corolla is called Auris and it has been released on February 2007.
In italy a few of them have been sold...:frown:

brickhardmeat
05-28-2007, 06:35 AM
Yaris and Matrix

Where does this model fit in?

Looks like Toyota version of Rabbit and Jetta.

eTiMaGo
05-28-2007, 06:53 AM
hard to see a good picture, but the sedan version seems pretty nice...

Sabina74
05-28-2007, 07:21 AM
i think it's a nice car....in europe this version is not available:

http://www.leblogauto.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/plr/euro_corolla.jpg

eTiMaGo
05-28-2007, 07:44 AM
hmmm then again... the front looks a bit flat...

Doc Zaius
05-28-2007, 07:51 AM
The Corolla hatch (aka Auris) is one damn fine looking car!

05-28-2007, 09:14 AM
the scion XD is the corrolla hatch here in the states. due out late this summer.

ChinoCharles
05-28-2007, 09:35 AM
Here's to hoping they call it the Auris and not the Corolla. They won't abandon that much brand equity, but I still hope. That hatch is a damn nice car though.

Sabina74
05-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Matrix is discontinued as of this year...I figure we'll get the Auris as a replacement...

Cheers

In europe we've ot the Hyundai Matrix....:confused:

jaspie
05-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Have you noticed the new Sedan looks a lot like the 1999 (I think it was 1999) version of the Corolla that was in Australia.....just more re-designed ~ The back and the lights and everything.....the new Corolla lights are just more "stuck out".....if you know what I mean ~

I've seen a few on the road already ~ They Corolla hatch from the front looks a bit like the Yaris ~

It's like they mixed a bit of everything into the new Corollas ~

What's more.....it's DOUBLE VVT-i engine ~ It's suppose to be more fuel efficient ~ I wonder how the double works ~

Jaspie ~

uncleyaris
05-28-2007, 10:15 PM
I wonder if it will be built here in canada like the corolla?

hasher22
05-28-2007, 10:38 PM
i want corollas features in the yaris....

Australian Yaris commercial Quote "toyotas big ideas in one small car".........my ass its in the corolla

Edd
05-30-2007, 04:10 AM
The question is, Yaris YRX Hatch or Corolla Ascent? About the same price.
Yaris has 2 disc brakes, 2 drums. Corolla has 4 discs. Yaris has 80KW, Corolla has 100KW.
The has to be something the YRX has over the Ascent?

BlueFlash
05-30-2007, 04:29 AM
dude it looks like a yaris

hasher22
05-30-2007, 05:57 AM
The question is, Yaris YRX Hatch or Corolla Ascent? About the same price.
Yaris has 2 disc brakes, 2 drums. Corolla has 4 discs. Yaris has 80KW, Corolla has 100KW.
The has to be something the YRX has over the Ascent?

the YRS and YRX are the same......but YRX just has more addons like the bodykit, 6disk, passenger seat tray.....nothing changed with any performance...just more addons from the yr/yrs models.......

obviously the corolla ascent is the better buy if they are the same price.

Edd
05-30-2007, 06:35 AM
Lol, that's a bit like saying the YRS is just the YR, but with a better engine and other things. Infact, everything is everything else, with changes. :p
Nah, I looked at the specs and the YRX has quite a bit over the Corolla Ascent: alloys, fog lamps, body kit, spoiler, better colour choices, 6 disc stacker, fuel economy, turning circle, front AND rear power windows (Corolla just has front). Unfortunately, spending the same, but gaining better power and brakes means many other things will be sacrificed. :(

ASHRAF
05-30-2007, 12:32 PM
for me, I love my Yaris

It's a YR and I'm happy with it

1.3 is awesome when talking about fuel, and not a bad engine for daily driving

I'm customizing the car so in 1 year no body could tell if it was a YR or YRX

Back to the topic,
The new corollas are great but they are not my taste,
I like the 3dr yaris better

jaspie
05-31-2007, 07:42 AM
Lol, that's a bit like saying the YRS is just the YR, but with a better engine and other things. Infact, everything is everything else, with changes. :p
Nah, I looked at the specs and the YRX has quite a bit over the Corolla Ascent: alloys, fog lamps, body kit, spoiler, better colour choices, 6 disc stacker, fuel economy, turning circle, front AND rear power windows (Corolla just has front). Unfortunately, spending the same, but gaining better power and brakes means many other things will be sacrificed. :(

Someone tried convincing me in buying a Corolla Ascent when I was choosing my cars ~

So I told them.....would you rather buy a lowest model car and be shamed on the road or would you buy a top model car and have eyes be looking at it even though it may only be a 1.5L ~

Of course......I chose to go with top model car even though it's 1.5L ~ I like the Yaris design way over the Corolla.....if I were to choose again.....I would still buy the Yaris ~ Doesn't matter if YRX and Ascent are same price ~

Jaspie ~

ASHRAF
05-31-2007, 08:16 AM
In the world of econo-box cars

I would rather go with the lowest model and PIMP it

That way it is ganna be unique

With the diference of $6k, you can do a lot of work

and I'm still not done yet

if I had the cash to do what is in my mind, you will see something different (hopefully soon)

I love the YRX model but I love to be unique even more

1.3, 1.5, doesn't make a difference (IMO) in a place that has speed cameras and undercover police everywhere

That's why I've choosen the YR model

WHAT A LOOONG SPEECH :D
sorry abt that

cYa around guys

hasher22
05-31-2007, 09:22 AM
at the end of the day, it all comes down to whatever salts ur fries....people like the yr, i love my yrs and people want the yrx.....

either a corolla fan or a yaris fan....

i still think that corolla shoulda been named auris since yaris and aurion are new names in australia.....corolla is gettin old man!

ASHRAF
05-31-2007, 09:27 AM
Auris would've been a cool name

and YEAH

As long as it's toyota
I Like It

jaspie
05-31-2007, 10:48 PM
In the world of econo-box cars

I would rather go with the lowest model and PIMP it

That way it is ganna be unique

With the diference of $6k, you can do a lot of work

and I'm still not done yet

if I had the cash to do what is in my mind, you will see something different (hopefully soon)

I love the YRX model but I love to be unique even more

1.3, 1.5, doesn't make a difference (IMO) in a place that has speed cameras and undercover police everywhere

That's why I've choosen the YR model

WHAT A LOOONG SPEECH :D
sorry abt that

cYa around guys

I get what you mean ~

But I don't have that money to do all those things ~ The car is financed and I am paying my parents for it ~

I mean.....I can pay for the basics (Audio upgrades etc etc) but if you talk about things for around $2k or over.....then it's kinda hard for me ~

I like the YRX bodykit anyway ^_^ ~

Jaspie ~

Speedz
06-01-2007, 01:27 AM
Hey Jaspie you work PT... :P

Just saw the Auris passed by on my way back from lunch... got to say the hatch model looked like Yaris's older brother, the shape style everything...

jaspie
06-01-2007, 01:56 AM
Hey Jaspie you work PT... :P

Just saw the Auris passed by on my way back from lunch... got to say the hatch model looked like Yaris's older brother, the shape style everything...

Yep ~ I do work PT ~

Cause I'm trying to study 7 subjects in uni atm and also working to keep myself ALIVE ~

Don't ask about the 7 subjects thing please ~ It's just what my Uni has to offer ~ 7 subjects/sem ~ Can't help it ~

What about you Speedz? I know you live in Brisbane but you don't have a photo of your car or anything so I can't even "try" to spot you around Brisbane ~

I see a few new Corolla's around Brisbane too ~

Jaspie

Speedz
06-01-2007, 06:39 AM
LOL...

Here is my pic of the car when I had it new then before some prick scratched my car...

Now its completed with fog lights... and everything else is stock...

ASHRAF
06-01-2007, 06:47 AM
got ya jaspie

the YRX kit is nice and I was looking to get one

but now I'm looking for the c-one kit

and if I was financing my car, i would've bought the YRX too

but paying cash, with 5 or 6k difference, I can do alot

cYa

jaspie
06-01-2007, 10:09 AM
got ya jaspie

the YRX kit is nice and I was looking to get one

but now I'm looking for the c-one kit

and if I was financing my car, i would've bought the YRX too

but paying cash, with 5 or 6k difference, I can do alot

cYa

^_^ ~ Yea ~ I am saving up for an audio upgrade now ~ Replace the stock speakers and get an amp ~

Will probably take me a few months ~

Speedz.....what colour is your car? It looks like Caribbean Blue ~ Like the actual Caribbean Blue that is displayed on the Toyota website ~

Jaspie ~

Speedz
06-01-2007, 09:12 PM
Nah...

its actually 'shadow blue metallic' depending on the light the color changes slightly... :thumbup:

This pic shows a nice lighter color but in poor light shows a dark shade shadow blue... :evil:

jaspie
06-04-2007, 06:07 AM
Nah...

its actually 'shadow blue metallic' depending on the light the color changes slightly... :thumbup:

This pic shows a nice lighter color but in poor light shows a dark shade shadow blue... :evil:

Oh ok ~

So your car should be easy to spot ~

I'll be looking out for it ~

Mine's even easier.....it's white and has YARISWORLD.COM on it and TRD too ~ Both in red ~

Jaspie ~

DollaZo
06-13-2007, 01:44 AM
the YRS and YRX are the same......but YRX just has more addons like the bodykit, 6disk, passenger seat tray.....nothing changed with any performance...just more addons from the yr/yrs models.......

obviously the corolla ascent is the better buy if they are the same price.

at first the YRS and YRX were similar, the only difference was the fabric design of the seats and a couple other smaller changes but there was no body kit on the YRX when it first came out. The kit only came into play in February hence I was a little disappointed...

I'm guessing that this might happen to the new rolla's or maybe Toyota has learn't from there mistakes and it will just stay the same :iono:

ASHRAF
06-13-2007, 02:37 AM
I think so to

I have a picture of a corolla with a body kit but I can't find it now

I'll post it ASAP