PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Near Aberdeen Proving Grounds?

blacksan
05-28-2007, 07:59 PM
I have not been there for years, but I want to take the kid this summer. Is there anything else in the area worth checking out?

Slummy
05-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Im not "near" there...but there sure wasnt a whole lot to look at from what i can remember.

then again it was right when those chips with olestra in em came out and i had like half a bag on the way so.....:eyebulge:

blacksan
05-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Im not "near" there...but there sure wasnt a whole lot to look at from what i can remember.

then again it was right when those chips with olestra in em came out and i had like half a bag on the way so.....:eyebulge:

Driving on the Beltway around DC has the same effect on me?:iono: :biggrin:

I haven't been down to the National Mall in a long time either. How far out 66 should I catch the train?

Slummy
05-28-2007, 11:46 PM
by train you mean the metro? if so, not sure which line orange, blue/yellow, is nearest you, but you just need to get to smithsonian and your good. i think an all day tickets like six bucks.

blacksan
05-28-2007, 11:58 PM
by train you mean the metro? if so, not sure which line orange, blue/yellow, is nearest you, but you just need to get to smithsonian and your good. i think an all day tickets like six bucks.

Yup, the metro. I normally head north on 81 and east on 66 toward DC. I can come up 29 and catch 66 at Warrenton, but the traffic on 29 makes it slower.

Slummy
05-29-2007, 12:09 AM
how you drive in that state i'll never know. traffic sucks everywhere. i've been down 66 a few times recently, i will do everything in my power to avoid that highway!

blacksan
05-29-2007, 12:15 AM
how you drive in that state i'll never know. traffic sucks everywhere. i've been down 66 a few times recently, i will do everything in my power to avoid that highway!

You have to realize NOVA is not VA. I live about 3 hours south west of DC in the real VA. A traffic jam here is being behind a school bus following a farm tractor up to the next field.:biggrin:

Slummy
05-29-2007, 11:00 AM
true true. MD is kinda like that in some places.

well have fun on that dreadful trip up 66 and enjoy DC or Aberdeen:cool: