PDA

View Full Version : YES!!! I pick it up Tomorrow

Leenis24
06-01-2006, 05:49 PM
I'm so frickin' happy right now, i pick up my car tomorrow. 3 Door, 5 Speed, Metorite Metalic color. It sits in the lot as i write this, serviced and ready for me to drive it home. Just wanted to let everyone know that there is going to be another proud owner of a yaris in the US. I'll update again tomorrow when i have it and give my impressions of the car, and probly some pics of it too. Happy Yarising All.

spacemanoeuvres
06-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Congrats, that's awesome :thumbsup:

Meteorite Metallic was my first choice but I settled on Blazing Blue.

I'm actually still waiting for mine to arrive so I can't tell you how jealous I am!

Be sure to post pics when you get a chance...

Uglyboyed
06-01-2006, 06:06 PM
congrats on the car!!! welcome to the club.
And "spacemanoeuvres" i came from a paseo to a yaris also.
so i know how you feelings

Leenis24
06-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Settled for the blazing blue, hahaha, thats the color i wanted and i settled for the Meteorite metalic. Hey, wanna trade :tongue: . And im going from a 3 cylider geo metro to the yaris, man the yaris is gunna feel like a power house. I cant wait. i will def. post pics.

stuffy
06-01-2006, 06:48 PM
congrats leenis24, you are going to have fun driving it, for sure.

foober
06-01-2006, 07:14 PM
Settled for the blazing blue, hahaha, thats the color i wanted and i settled for the Meteorite metalic. Hey, wanna trade :tongue: . And im going from a 3 cylider geo metro to the yaris, man the yaris is gunna feel like a power house. I cant wait. i will def. post pics.

Congrats leenis. Yep. your probably going to be suprised at the get up and go of the yaris. I'm having a hard time going as slow as everyone else now. The little guy has so much pep to it.

Leenis24
06-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Not to be to much off topic here, Hey foober, kalispell, montana huh, is that anywhere near Bozeman? I went to Bozeman last summer, me and my friend drove out there from pittsburgh, Pa. Soooooo much fun, Montana is so awesome, i wanna live there really bad now.

foober
06-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Not to be to much off topic here, Hey foober, kalispell, montana huh, is that anywhere near Bozeman? I went to Bozeman last summer, me and my friend drove out there from pittsburgh, Pa. Soooooo much fun, Montana is so awesome, i wanna live there really bad now.

Kalispell is about 300 miles from bozeman. Its possibly even prettier here. We have a big lake to goof around with as well in this area. Only problem is alot of folks are moving in. The winters are like 7 months long and cold and dreary. I snowboard so its just fun for me. But alot of folks move here and then after a winter move out.

Leenis24
06-03-2006, 12:15 PM
Ok i've had my car for about 20 hours now and put roughly 150 miles on it so far. I must say,this car is way more then i expected. I love it so much, the handling is awesome, its so tight in the steering, the clutch is perfect(for me), shifting gears is so easy, the interior is really nice, lots of room, nice storage, good power, nice and peppy, great gas milage, and so fun to drive. The one and only complaint i have about it, is the stereo and speakers suck. Cant wait to put an aftermarket head unit in, and all new speakers. I definatly give this car a 10/10.

Now lets do some mods. :biggrin:

punch
06-03-2006, 12:43 PM
hehe, congrats on the car, i think my sedan is slow as a snail, but i went from a turbo charged 250hp pt cruiser to an automatic 106hp...

Leenis24
06-03-2006, 12:56 PM
hahaha ya. Well i went from a 3 cylinder Geo Metro 55 hp to the yaris. Double the power and the yaris is 300 lbs lighter then the metro.

suzu
06-05-2006, 02:28 AM
congrats everyone for getting your yaris. I am among the first owners of 3dr manual lb in US. simply loving it. it looks, drives and even smells great :)

Uglyboyed
06-05-2006, 04:42 PM
lol.. yeah that new car smell does get to u..

swng
06-05-2006, 07:51 PM
By now I have already had my car for over six months. The new car smell is still there :smile: :smile: :smile:.
Enjoy your Yaris everybody!

eight_heads
06-05-2006, 11:42 PM
let's see some pics of the meteorite metallic, all the pics seem to look different.... i can't choose between the meteorite and the black(i ordered meteorite, but it and a black one are coming in at the same time and i can choose!) so help me choose here.

ricko
06-06-2006, 12:10 AM
You guys do realize that the new car smell is in fact toxic!!!!! Apparently it is composed of several dozen known carcinogens, released from various materials in the interior. :eyebulge: Hey I saw this CNN, they NEVER lie ...... right???? :laughabove:

eight_heads
06-06-2006, 12:41 AM
You guys do realize that the new car smell is in fact toxic!!!!! Apparently it is composed of several dozen known carcinogens, released from various materials in the interior. :eyebulge: Hey I saw this CNN, they NEVER lie ...... right???? :laughabove:
maybe that's why it smells so good

swng
06-06-2006, 12:45 AM
I believe that there are even canned new car smell for sale. Just spray it into your car and it will attract a higher price in the used car market. Believe it, or not:biggrin:.

Leenis24
06-06-2006, 10:10 PM
Hey guys, got pics of my yaris finaly, there from my cell phone though, the digital cam is broken:cry: . The Meteorite metalic is nice. It is silver but with a hint of light blue in it, and some people claim that in a certain light they see hints of like a turquoise or greenish color. Anyway, i love it. I'll try really hard to get better quality pics next time. Enjoy

swng
06-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Nice car friend! What's that pink decal in the top picture, or is that a reflection of something?
Before you get a new digital camera, may be you can use a photo editing software to sharpen and brighten up your present pictures. Just a suggestion :smile:.

Leenis24
06-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Thanks. The pink thing is my inspection sticker. I already did enhance the photos as best as i could, they we're worse. Remember they were taken with a cell phone so the quality is not going to be near as good as a camera would.

swng
06-08-2006, 06:24 PM
Really not bad for a cell phone. Again, nice car! Hope you don't mind me trying, :wink:. On the other hand, I won't mind if you say you prefer the originals :smile:.

spacemanoeuvres
06-08-2006, 07:05 PM

that's funny!

I'm still waiting for mine :bs:

the Meteorite Metalic looks sharp though :coolpics:

switching from a 3 cylider geo metro will make the yaris feel speedy as hell, be sure to break it in before you start chirping out of second!

foober
06-08-2006, 07:14 PM
I have the meteroite metallic as well. Stays clean looking and I wanted it to reflect heat from the sun as best as possible plus not be too flashy. Though I still get alot of stares.

Leenis24
06-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Thanks guys. I like the color, its pretty neat. I've got almost 700 miles on her now, had it for about a week now.