PDA

View Full Version : going supercharged?

c-one yaris
06-05-2007, 07:14 AM
will the TRD tC supercharger fit on the 07 yaris liftback?

Turbo&Auto
06-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Greddy makes one too right?

Doesnt it only add like 25hp?? 3500 for 25hp is not worth it IMHO. Get some nos ;)

staticorex
06-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Yeah Greddy and Blitz have an XB one and are making one for the Yaris. Turbo mag has one in their June issue from Blitz. About 20-25 whp and 3500 like stated above.

And no the TC one will not fit. wtf? :)

C2AUTOSPL
06-05-2007, 02:03 PM
You should be able to use the Greddy Supercharger with some slight modifications.

ROCKLAND TOYOTA
06-05-2007, 02:39 PM
blitz but its not worth it.......

Spades
06-05-2007, 04:55 PM

Doesnt it only add like 25hp?? 3500 for 25hp is not worth it IMHO. Get some nos ;)

Not sure about the numbers on the supercharger...but I will say if you use nitrous on this car it isn' the smartest thing to do...it has a plastic intake manifold...enough said.

I am waiting for a roots type supercharger or a aftermarket intake manifold to come out because I don't have the time to fabricate one.

I don't care what people say, plastic is a bad idea with boost or nitrous, unless its a wet nitrous kit, even then I wouldn't trust it. Dry kits are bad news with the manifold that is on this car, the nitrous would puddle in this manifold and would have a chance to ignite...very bad thing.

Back on topic, Blitz kit with some modification. Differant engine in the TC.

Turbo&Auto
06-05-2007, 05:29 PM
I ran 14psi daily with a plastic intake mani on my Matrix.

Toyotech
06-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Not sure about the numbers on the supercharger...but I will say if you use nitrous on this car it isn' the smartest thing to do...it has a plastic intake manifold...enough said.

I am waiting for a roots type supercharger or a aftermarket intake manifold to come out because I don't have the time to fabricate one.

I don't care what people say, plastic is a bad idea with boost or nitrous, unless its a wet nitrous kit, even then I wouldn't trust it. Dry kits are bad news with the manifold that is on this car, the nitrous would puddle in this manifold and would have a chance to ignite...very bad thing.

Back on topic, Blitz kit with some modification. Differant engine in the TC.

running nitrous on a plastic intake manifold is fine. most oem automakers have plastic manifods...now almost all do, a correctly installed system without direct port and abuse from the owner and the manifold would be fine.

i could list thousands of lsx, modular motors, sbc's, zetec, 1zz's running off of nitrous...just because theres a nitrous backfire theres no reason to down the manifold.

dry kits aren't as bad because of the manifold but due to the returnless fuel system. a weak ignition could be a big cause of reversion.

window switch+wet+a good tune (don't lean it out)

cali yaris
06-05-2007, 09:23 PM
it has a plastic intake manifold...enough said.

my tC runs up to 23 pounds -- with a plastic intake mani.
Chris Rado runs his Time Attack tC up to 28, same thing, and that part has never failed.

Anyway, I had the TRD s/c on my tC and ended up going turbo - I like the control and tunability a lot better.

If someone besides Z _ _ (I can't type it out, sorry, have my reasons) builds a nice turbo kit for the Yaris, I'll take a close look.

graywolf_14
06-07-2007, 12:48 AM
It may be 3500 but if I remember right a guy spent more than that and didnt even get 20 na hp from is xb. Plus you may spend 3500 to get 25hp but u will spend alot less to get 25 more.

graywolf_14
06-07-2007, 12:49 AM
Plus is that 25hp on stock exhuast?

Turbo&Auto
06-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Prolly another 2hp with a straight 3" exhaust LOL! This car is really pointless to try and make fast. Unless you have money to spare buy another car to go fast in.

YarisTom73
06-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Prolly another 2hp with a straight 3" exhaust LOL! This car is really pointless to try and make fast. Unless you have money to spare buy another car to go fast in.
Why rain on everyone's parade? This whole site is dedicated to enthusiasts of the Yaris. It's not a Porsche, nor does it try to be. These are fun inexpensive cars and we like them because of that, and tuning is just what we do for fun. So please don't poop on yaris performance tuning. :burnrubber:

Turbo&Auto
06-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Suspension....fine. Wheels......fine. Adding a s/c just to add a s/c not because it makes power is dumb, plain and simple. If you want a sporty car, buy a sporty car. This is a econo car!! Its not the Vitz RS.

staticorex
06-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Plus is that 25hp on stock exhuast?

yes. Well mostly. :wink: No...

From the magazine...."the Yaris posted 119whp and 119 lb-ft. This doesn't suck when you consider the Yaris weighs only 2300 libs. And this is more than enough to keep the Yukon from passing us. The supercharger builds 7 psi of pressure, and after allowing this to compress and burn inside the combustion chamber, exhaust gases are expelled through a Blitz NUR-Spec universal muffler."

They posted 98whp stock. thats 21whp w/ sc and muffler.

Turbo&Auto
06-08-2007, 07:29 AM
I would get a turbo before that. Same price and it will make around 175whp. There's a vid of the ZPI(?) turbo'd Yaris making that power, and its an auto. Prolly closer to 200whp in the manual with a more serious tune. That would be fun :)

RShatchback
06-08-2007, 12:04 PM
I've been waiting for awhile for at least a couple of superchargers to hit the market so i have a choice, and dont have to pay an insane price cause its the only one out. I love the look and sound of a roots type supercharger like the blitz, and the fact that I dont have to run any of the piping or the intercooler like the turbo setup. But i'll look at comparable turbo kits when they are released by more reputable companies.

Turbo&Auto
06-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Piping is really easy to do and its not expensive at all. You can buy a universal kit for 100 and have the sections welded together for another 100. FMIC's are 250 and again, its very easy to mount it to the rad support.

If you bought just the manifold and starting piecing it together as you had money, it would go faster then you think. Can't piece together a S/C kit a lil at a time.....

RShatchback
06-08-2007, 12:59 PM
I wont piece together a kit, I did that on my Rx7 way back when. I'm talking about just paying the moeny and getting a complete kit. With all the piping and everything - ready to go. I'm not worried about how expensive piping is - i'd rather just not have to run it everywhere. ie up into the bumper where the intercooler is / around from the back of the motor. But i'll look at a turbo kit, if a decent company comes out with a nice setup.

YarisTom73
06-08-2007, 01:44 PM
I wont piece together a kit, I did that on my Rx7 way back when. I'm talking about just paying the moeny and getting a complete kit. With all the piping and everything - ready to go. I'm not worried about how expensive piping is - i'd rather just not have to run it everywhere. ie up into the bumper where the intercooler is / around from the back of the motor. But i'll look at a turbo kit, if a decent company comes out with a nice setup.

It'd be nice to find a setup that has been tested for probs, with the bugs worked out. It's intimidating to start experimenting with our daily rides :biggrin:

Katana
06-18-2007, 07:40 AM

You are totally right...And the TTE one did nit give many hp...

Vanderkitten
08-07-2007, 12:24 PM
I would get a turbo before that. Same price and it will make around 175whp. There's a vid of the ZPI(?) turbo'd Yaris making that power, and its an auto. Prolly closer to 200whp in the manual with a more serious tune. That would be fun :)

You know they never released a DYNO SHEET for that car. The Dyno was right there and they never showed the read-out, the had some hip-hop music and some graphics come up.... but it was almost convincing.

Then I saw the loser who makes the subboxes do a 0-60 run... and I watched my OWN video of my 0-60 run... and my CAR IS FASTER with no turbo. And then he said, oh, I have 20's and my speedo is off... true, but I seriously doubt that a stock 1.5L motor with an Emanage and 7lbs of boost makes more WHP that a 2.0L GTI with the same boost and a WAY more perfromance oriented motor.

Another thing with the SC is you are not limited to the stock boost, either... you can go with a different pulley set-up and change the boost. AND, the Blitz IS a A ROOTS type supercharger.

I am learning this stuff too as I go along, but the thing I was reminded of is how tall the Yaris is geared.

And on last thought: I don't understand when someone says "don't make the car a sports car, because it's not." Seriously, come for a ride in my car and then you tell me it's not a sports car. My friend with an Audi RS4 ($85,000) could not believe the car. We did back to back run with his car and while there was a huge power difference, once we were in the curves the gap was not that big.

Same thing at the track where cars spun trying to keep up in the corners...

If you feel like you have to spend $30,000 to have a sports car, that's awesome! Some of us KNOW that somethings lie beyond marketing and can be changed with some inexpensive parts.

There's my sermon... :burnrubber:

bubaa
08-07-2007, 12:32 PM
what about this turbo kit
http://turbo-kits.com/yaris_turbo_kits.html

RShatchback
08-07-2007, 02:15 PM
what about this turbo kit
http://turbo-kits.com/yaris_turbo_kits.html

That is the kit being talked about in this thread - the one that above he was saying didnt run that great of a time and the guy blamed his wheel size and such. That is also the kit in the you tube video (also mentioned above).

Do a search on the forum for ZPI and you'll find plenty of info and stories about the company and that turbo kit.

YarisGuy
08-07-2007, 03:02 PM

Whatever kind of herb you are on that makes you believe this garbage, I want some please :thumbdown: I want to meet the rocket scientists at zpi who came up with a 7psi kit that doubles the whp in our cars. Oh wait, their shop is a bigger drama than days of our lives and their products don't ship except for one or two every few months.

Most of what is written in this thread is garbage with the exception of a few things here and there. Come on people, comparing blitz to zpi? Yeah ok :bellyroll:

jdium
08-07-2007, 04:28 PM
http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smilies/animated/moped.gif

ChinoCharles
08-07-2007, 04:33 PM
N/A FTW. :biggrin:

Yota
08-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Aren't you kinda defeating the purpose of the whole car, by boosting it in the first place?

Kinda silly.

Just go out and buy a fast weekend car, and leave the fuel economy to the Yaris.

Thank you.

Thirty-Nine
08-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Aren't you kinda defeating the purpose of the whole car, by boosting it in the first place?

Kinda silly.

Just go out and buy a fast weekend car, and leave the fuel economy to the Yaris.

Thank you.

Although I see your point, that's what people used to say about the Honda Civic, too. Heck, they probably said similar things about the '57 Chevy back in the day, too. "Who'd want to make one of those go fast?" :smile:

-m-
08-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Not sure if it will work for you but maybe have a look at the Rotrex superchargers. The C15 looks to be a good choice producing up to 200hp.

http://www.rotrex.com/

lostmind
08-07-2007, 09:44 PM
that rotrex doesnt work for our car...

JosephDoc
08-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Not sure how long has it been but I see Blitz has its kit under TBA.

http://www.blitz-performance.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=44
:iono:

Motorhead6T5
08-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Not sure how long has it been but I see Blitz has its kit under TBA.

http://www.blitz-performance.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=44
:iono:

I wonder if this might be the same???

http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/ProductItem-2064.aspx

fu_im_from_texas
08-08-2007, 12:34 AM
...There's my sermon... :burnrubber:

+1

jdium
08-08-2007, 04:20 PM
Although I see your point, that's what people used to say about the Honda Civic, too. Heck, they probably said similar things about the '57 Chevy back in the day, too. "Who'd want to make one of those go fast?" :smile:

And all you gotta do to make a civic fast is REPLACE THE ENGINE! http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smilies/outfitted/wheelchair.gif

DollaZo
08-13-2007, 04:38 AM
The only reason why I would go s/c'd now is that its the only reliable source/manufacturer producing a bolt on forced induction system for the Yaris. Blitz shits all over ZPI, however if a manufacturer like HKS produced a turbo kit then the tables would turn.

Also custom turbo's or s/c require time and can become complicated, as with bolt on kits like the supercharger, even with minor modifications is well worth the $3 500.