PDA

View Full Version : Some IDIOT got me hit the curb and need replace rim and tire.

Ziv
06-05-2006, 10:59 AM
Here's another reason for me to HATE SUVs. It was last friday night when some idiot didn't see me during the rain and trying to cut right in front of me, and cause I am in his blind spots, he didn't bother turn his forking head to see me. I have to hard break or it will hit me right in the head and my car could have spung out of control. Since it's hard break on the rain, I lost control of my car and the front right wheel hits the curve. the car jumps, and the wheel is busted.

IDIOT! gotta warn people to drive carefully and ALWAYS check blind spot before cutting lane!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

punch
06-05-2006, 11:13 AM
yikes, if you hit hard enough to wreck the rim, you better get your front suspension checked out...

Ziv
06-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Apparently, the rim is deformed. The cap is cracked bad. Gotta get the new wheelie all together. I hope the suspension and aligement is ok.

Idjiit
06-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Out of curiousity - do you have ABS? Glad to hear you're alright, in any case.

Ziv
06-05-2006, 12:39 PM
Thank you for your concern. No, I do not believe in ABS, I have never drove a car with ABS, maybe I should start regreting for not getting one. Maybe that could have helped.

Ziv
06-06-2006, 08:51 AM
Ended up with new rim, steel rim. My mech said there is nothing wrong with suspension and alignment. yeah! But guys, guess how much a replacement hub cap will cost. It's SURPRISINGLY expensive!

stuffy
06-06-2006, 01:35 PM
ziv, i thought the LE came with abs, did you request no abs?

Calidrifter
06-06-2006, 04:46 PM
rain what the fuck is that I live in california where we have to look for the drivers on cell phones who aren't paying attention. Again please explain this "rain" to me.

Calidrifter
06-06-2006, 04:47 PM
oh and 90 bux for the cap?

Ziv
06-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Calidrifter:
yeah.... how you know? cause me 100bux for rim(with labor and all that) and
90+tax for cap? are they nuts?????
'rain' is like some giant pissing from above the cloud.

And stuffy:
My LE doesn't have ABS, I am not sure if it suppose to come with it, but i don't want it so I never ask for it.

SophieSleeps
06-06-2006, 06:02 PM
Damn that sucks.

ABS is specifically designed for incidents like that.
It allows you to keep the car in control during hard braking.

When you get your new wheel, drive on it and listen carefully for noise.
Hard hits can mess up the hub and other suspension components. My brother took my IS300 and spun it into a curb in the snow. Replaced wheel, tire, and had to replace the hub because it was no longer true.

stuffy
06-06-2006, 06:09 PM
hey ziv, i think your le has abs as it comes standard with that package, unless you specifically requested that it not,

mine is an le, it has a/c, abs, power windows, keyless entry as part of that package

swng
06-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Sorry to learn about the accident Ziv and glad that you are O.K.
Sometimes I get cut in by careless drivers too. I bet most of those people think they are smart. In actual fact, smart are those who remain calm and alert.
Let's drive defensively.

Ziv
06-07-2006, 09:20 AM
Sophie:

I will do that! I have not drive it over 80 km/h yet, try to go steady and see if it makes any noise, I will drive it to the highway today and see if i will hear any strange noise.

Stuffy:

Yeah, I might have ask for not installing ABS. Which now I think maybe it's kinda dumb. But since I have never drove with an ABS, thought that it will never kick in, but certainly i got kicked. ha ha.

swng:

Thanks for your concern buddy, yeah, i learn my lesson of try at all time avoid driving near somebody else's blind spots. YES! drive defnesively, no doubt, bro.

One more thing, since the stock hub cap is so freakin' expensive, I got meself some new one at can-tire, it's 25% off so I got 4 for $40CAD bux.

swng
06-08-2006, 07:33 PM
(Quote)Thanks for your concern buddy, yeah, i learn my lesson of try at all time avoid driving near somebody else's blind spots. YES! drive defnesively, no doubt, bro.
That's exemplary maturity on your part! A small accident can be a vaccine against bigger ones because you will be more alert. I am sure you will remember to protect youself in future. All the best, Ziv!

Ziv
06-09-2006, 09:21 AM
Thank you again. I guess the reason why I posted this also for all of us to beware of bad drivers out there.

NickNickNick
06-09-2006, 10:54 PM
This is pretty amazing, because this same things happened to me, except I was on slushy snow...my ABS kicked in just after the car started out of control, and I stayed frontwards, missing the curb by almost a foot...I thought for sure I was going to need a new wheel and alignment.

Glad to hear you didn't crank out your suspension, though...that would have been a mess.

Also, in my old car one time (A 1980 Chevette with Chrome bumpers) a guy in an Avalanche was talking on his cell phone...didn't see I was stopped right BESIDE him to make a right turn, and TURNED RIGHT INTO ME! MY chrome bumpers crushed the hell out of his little plastic crap front end, and he needed some body work...the Vette escaped unscathed.

Watch out for other drivers.