PDA

View Full Version : 15x8 with a 0 offset

birdy
06-07-2006, 09:53 PM
there is a rim out there called the sportmax 002 and its a big hit with the scion Xb crowd. Thinking of getting them but I will prolly have to get flares or something.

Anybody know how far from the hub the edge of the wheel will be with a 0 offset?

Ron
06-07-2006, 10:21 PM
mathematically speaking, if the rim is 8" wide, there should be 4" of rim to either side of the mounting surface. 0 offset is easy to figure out :)

the only tricky part is that the actual width of wheels is usually a bit wider then what it is spec'd at, so you may be at 8.5-9" in actual width. either way, with 0 offset, there should be equal rim to either side of the mounting surface

punch
06-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Well a fast google search found me looking at complaints about these rims, they rub, and peeps using spacers need fender flares to keep things legal, doesn't sound workable for us??

C2AUTOSPL
06-08-2006, 07:50 PM
There's going to be work if you want to have wider low offset wheels on a car, specially if it came with a very high offset stocked wheels.

Ive sold alot of Sportmax 002 already to scion xb owners but off course its up to them if they want to run flares or not. I've got quite a few xb owners thats using these wheels without flares.

They look better on miata, ae86 corolla's, and off course, xb's with fender flares.

Thirty-Nine
06-09-2006, 09:30 AM
If you lower the car with these rims, you're more than likely going to have rubbing issues. Frankly, if you don't lower the car, I think it'd look horrible with those wheels. Also, where are you going to get flairs? Resist the urge. I know these are cool-looking rims (I looked at getting them for my xB), but to make them look good, you need to be slammed, and if you are slammed, you have to worry about rubbing.

Fat Felixxx
06-10-2006, 05:40 AM
^^ or adding a lot of negative camber.. which takes a toll on the life of your tires.