PDA

View Full Version : Brake pedal lacks travel 2013 Yaris

Perkele
12-07-2022, 10:37 PM
I have a very odd problem. My brake pedal very suddenly developed this issue out of the blue with no work being done on it prior. The brake pedal INITIALLY feels normal, but when the car comes to a stop, the brake pedal is rock hard, like there's a brick underneath it (Not at the floor, though!) and the pedal must be held at that full on position for the car to sit still. Lifting up a cm gets the car rolling again. When the brakes felt NORMAL, the brake pedal did not run out of travel when stopped, and could be lifted up a significant amount before the car began creeping again. The pedal could also be pushed further down with some pressure, but now there is zero "play" when the pedal is held down at a stop.

The brakes don't really feel "soft" or "spongy", just regular Toyota brake feel, UNTILL the car comes to a stop, the pedal is rock hard. It's like something is preventing the brakes from being pushed to full application. Any help is appreciated.

bronsin
12-08-2022, 01:45 AM
I’m afraid I haven’t a clue. What happens when you’re going 60 miles an hour and come to a quick stop?