PDA

View Full Version : No Radio in Yaris?

OKJeeper
01-25-2006, 12:08 PM
WHOA! From reading the spec sheets at the top of the list here it says it includes a "Radio Prep Package"? Just speakers and no head unit? :thumbdown: Someone tell me that isn't the case.

YarisBueller
01-25-2006, 01:19 PM
WHOA! From reading the spec sheets at the top of the list here it says it includes a "Radio Prep Package"? Just speakers and no head unit? :thumbdown: Someone tell me that isn't the case.

Lol thats just crazy ! Why the hell would toyota do that to us, grrr.... I mean if that was true, the low price would seem like less and less of a bargain :mad: I'm gonna have to call around and find out if thats true..

OKJeeper
01-25-2006, 02:07 PM
I don't see how they can get away with selling a car in the US without a radio in it. The Yaris is a cool little car but it's much less attractive if I have to turn around and spend extra money on either the bargain basement Toyota stereo or an aftermarket one. Maybe they will make the head unit cheap. What would be the most you'd pay for it? Personally it would have to be under $100 for me.

YarisBueller
01-25-2006, 02:37 PM
I don't see how they can get away with selling a car in the US without a radio in it. The Yaris is a cool little car but it's much less attractive if I have to turn around and spend extra money on either the bargain basement Toyota stereo or an aftermarket one. Maybe they will make the head unit cheap. What would be the most you'd pay for it? Personally it would have to be under $100 for me.

Agreeed.. I think if it was a 75$ option, then I wouldn't really blink at it when buying a new car. But if it were a over 100$ option (even 101) it would raise an eyebrow and I wouldn't be as happy. But overall, I think its a big mistake to sell without a radio, and I doubt any dealership would even bother stocking a car with no radio

birdy
01-25-2006, 04:06 PM
I don't think it means no radio I think it means you can upgrade the stock one, cuz look at the dash and tell me it wouldn't look stupid without a radio. It will come with one stock I promise.

OKJeeper
01-25-2006, 04:23 PM
But look at two things on the spec sheets above.

1. the radio prep package specifically says 4 speaksers w/o head unit

then!

2. under the list of available Toyota accessories it says "Base Grade Audio Head Unit"...sounds like it is additional

Unless I'm reading it wrong and I really hope I am.

birdy
01-25-2006, 05:38 PM
I know a way to find out.... hehe

OKJeeper
01-25-2006, 05:51 PM
How is that? :confused:

swng
01-25-2006, 06:02 PM
There is a possibility that the stereo will be a dealer installed item and several choices will be offered. That means a buyer can choose to have just a basic unit or an upscale one.

OKJeeper
01-25-2006, 06:17 PM
True. But like it was said above I bet the dealers will install radios in all of the cars.

p2filz
01-26-2006, 01:40 PM
nah im sure it will come with a stereo

as400g33k
01-26-2006, 05:51 PM
check out the detailed info about the yaris here:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47

I believe radio+4 speakers are standard for the US. The CD+4 speakers are an option. Apparently, the 4 speakers only is also an option.

p2filz
01-26-2006, 08:58 PM
i thought the cd player was also standard

birdy
01-26-2006, 09:15 PM
I want this car to come out already so I can look inside

kralmrax
01-28-2006, 11:30 AM
my dealer had advised me that whichever yaris model you decide on will come standard with some sort of stereo, whether you get the cd player, the single disc mp3 player, or the six disc mp3 player. i decided on a 3-door rs, so it came with the six disc option, and i'm pretty satisfied, the srs tru-surround gives it a clear, deep sound. although i find skipping through folders and mp3's somewhat awkward compared to my previous jvc mp3 player, which i might still install in the yaris.

yarisnewfrontier
01-28-2006, 11:33 AM
I don't know if this was discussed already but I think I can answer the radio question in a roundabout way. The Yaris will come with 3 optional packages: convenience package, power package, and the all weather guard package.

The convenience package includes: AM/FM CD with four speakers, MP3/WMA playback capability and auxiliary audio jack.

The power package is an upgrade on the convenience package and includes the stereo system in the convenience package.

The All Weather Guard Package includes things like Daytime Running Lights and rear window wiper.

So basically, I think that most all models that are sold at dealerships will include the Convenience package with optional Power and All Weather Guard package.

The base grade audio head unit is an additional accessory in addition to what the packages offer.

:thumbup:

yaris3
01-29-2006, 12:01 PM
My Yaris is equipped with Pioneer AM/FM CD Text, MP3/WMA, auxiliary jack to connect external devices like a iPod. It come with 4 speakers.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/2208000-2208999/2208982_3_full.jpg

DVS YARIS
04-26-2006, 08:39 AM
hear in australia i bought a yrx (the top model) and i had a mp3 6 disc head unit :thumbup: ill tr to attach a pic. my car is a 3 door, it has 4 speakers.