PDA

View Full Version : LOOKING FOR EXHAUST

falker
06-11-2006, 02:23 AM
FOR MY '07 SEDAN..CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND ONE?

AE86Yaris
06-11-2006, 05:35 AM
muffler shop special?

Twig
06-11-2006, 08:30 PM
www.trdsparks.com they have a trd exhust system for like 330 for my hatchback

Lizardboy
06-29-2006, 04:10 PM
The Toyota dealership in Claremont California sells that same exhaust plus they also have a TRD intake.
http://www.trdsource.com/Pictures/yarisintake.jpg

www.trdsource.com

Chris07LB
06-29-2006, 07:11 PM
The Toyota dealership in Claremont California sells that same exhaust plus they also have a TRD intake.
http://www.trdsource.com/Pictures/yarisintake.jpg

www.trdsource.com

Have you shopped for the lowest price yet on the intake?? Im sure by winter time, the price will drop a little, but I hate waiting!! :mad:

Lizardboy
06-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Have you shopped for the lowest price yet on the intake?? Im sure by winter time, the price will drop a little, but I hate waiting!! :mad:

Do you mean on this particular intake from different sellers? I've only seen this one in Claremont and the one mentioned earlier in Sparks. According to their websites, they're the same price.

yariman
07-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Find a small muffler shop that does good work and won't rip people off, and get them to bend you some 2inch pipe from the cat back to any good flow through muffler like a Magna Flow.:thumbsup:

fnkngrv
07-03-2006, 12:05 PM
I have checked with Midas and a couple other shops and they would not touch my car until a "real" kit was out because the car is so new....maybe you will have better luck....

plus 320 bones for just a muffler with a tip is a bit steep to me...I don't care if it is TRD or not...that is rediculous without it being a catback....

yariman
07-03-2006, 09:05 PM
You can pick up a plane jane Magnaflow without any chrome or 6 inch tip B.S. for under a hun. You should be able to find a shop with a guy who knows what he's doing who can bend a piece of pipe, weld it or clamp it to your cat and throw up your new muffler for under $200.00 My experiences with Midas etc. years ago were bad. Shit like " Oh we can't do that" or " Sure we can do that for $500.00, Oh you need new shocks and brakes too" There are good exhaust shops out there with good experienced people. You just have to find one in your area. You are right about paying 300 bucks for a piece of chrome that's not going to help much without replacing the entire pipe. Hey, shiny sells.:thumbsup:

Lizardboy
07-04-2006, 05:46 PM
Find a small muffler shop that does good work and won't rip people off, and get them to bend you some 2inch pipe from the cat back to any good flow through muffler like a Magna Flow.:thumbsup:
I agree. I found a place in Fontana CA, I believe it's called Speedway Muffler, that has done two of our cars so far. One was a Saturn SL. They crush bent some pipe and replaced the stock resonator with an aftermarket one and welded on a Flowmaster. All for just under $200 I believe. Sounded really nice. I then took my Kia Sephia there. They did the same setup except I had them just cut out the resonator all together. They did that for something like $120. Now that was a mean sounding 4 cylinder piece of garbage car!:laugh:
It sounded a lot deeper than most aftermarket cat-backs for small cars and it could set off car alarms in parking lots. Oh yeah, and that includes a decent looking chrome tip. Nothing huge or ugly but definitely better than stock. Great guys over there. I'm thinking of taking the Yaris there.

Lizardboy
07-04-2006, 05:48 PM
I have checked with Midas and a couple other shops and they would not touch my car until a "real" kit was out because the car is so new....maybe you will have better luck....

plus 320 bones for just a muffler with a tip is a bit steep to me...I don't care if it is TRD or not...that is rediculous without it being a catback....
Yeah, thought that had to be a cat-back for that price, but I emailed them and found out otherwise! There's no way I'm spending that much on a muffler only!

heylookitsjames
07-05-2006, 03:21 AM
I'm kind of interested in the Fujitsubo muffler assembly... affordable, Jasma and all... Must be quiet...

C2AUTOSPL
07-05-2006, 07:47 PM
I'm kind of interested in the Fujitsubo muffler assembly... affordable, Jasma and all... Must be quiet...

I can bring those in if there's enough interest.

Hyde
07-06-2006, 03:37 AM

Magnaflow are not good.........

Chris07LB
07-06-2006, 08:00 AM

Er, please explain.. :bs:

Chris07LB
07-06-2006, 08:01 AM

As long as its not a big 'ol fart can, hanging 6" lower then the rest of the car, and doesnt sound like a weedwacker, count me in! :cool:

Ran Kizama
07-06-2006, 11:08 AM
I can bring those in if there's enough interest.Do it! I would definitely buy a Fujitsubo exhaust. :biggrin:

JDMVitz
07-06-2006, 11:34 AM
i'm interested in the Fujitsubo as well

fnkngrv
07-06-2006, 01:19 PM
I am not familiar....what do you have for info?

yariman
07-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Curious as to why you would think that?

Ran Kizama
07-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Curious as to why you would think that?Same here. My Magnaflow polished tip worked great. :laugh:

mikeukrainetz
07-07-2006, 10:21 AM
I spoke with product development at Vibrant here in canada and they have an exhaust for the HB 3dr - They may have an exhaust for the sedan by now which should be out in the fall (depending on dev. time they may be released next spring however - they do extensive testing and research.)

I have had two Magnaflow DTM mufflers, both have been on 3.1L engines and have sounded awsome, have not pitted, tinged or come apart. I have been extremely happy with them. Waiting to get wheels before putting it on the yaris, and I also want to run 1.5" from the header back as well.

Ran Kizama
07-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Got any info on this Vibrant company? I've never even heard of them. :confused:

soros151
07-07-2006, 04:13 PM
Intake seems overprice for me. Maybe a custom made one, or just wait for another brand name to make one. AEM, Injen, K&N...In exhaust, well, maybe a custom made one is better since the car isn't so long there won't be so much of a hassle when creating one, since not so much piping is needed. IMO. Also good exhaust are Magnaflow and Borla. The later better IMO.

mikeukrainetz
07-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Vibrant is a canada based business for aftermarket parts.

http://www.vibrantperformance.com/

eight_heads
07-07-2006, 06:28 PM
i've dealt with and sold there stuff.... it's pretty good for a fairly cheap company... way better than say APC

jcove
07-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Got any info on this Vibrant company? I've never even heard of them. :confused:

They advertize in Modified Mag as well. They're great to deal with. Hopefully mine will be on next week and I'll post pics.

mikeukrainetz
07-07-2006, 10:47 PM
they also have great customer service

wlfpck
07-08-2006, 11:20 AM

i'd say just buy an ebay intake and slap a K&N filter on it. Works just as well. might not look as nice though.

Chris07LB
07-08-2006, 11:55 AM
i'd say just buy an ebay intake and slap a K&N filter on it. Works just as well. might not look as nice though.

Thinking of finding an xB or xA intake on eBay, and making it work.

There really is no "rocket science" to air intakes, and Im still shocked to see what people will pay for them!

wlfpck
07-08-2006, 03:22 PM
yeah. With my cb7 people are always like well my car has a INJEN intake meaning its better than ur E Gay intake.

my response is always... so u basically shelled out 100- 150 dollars for a pollished metal tube....

that ususally shuts them up.