PDA

View Full Version : all for the quest of power...

joey1320
06-25-2007, 04:27 PM
so as some of you guys know i have decided to turbocharged my '07 Yaris LB using a used Garret GT2056 turbo from a VW Jetta. the one on the right.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pb00f61b977a1bae6c673df41a0f635f3/e8f9b375.jpg

i was able to find the tC injectors from scionlife.com for $105 shipped.
and i got the pipes needed to make the exhaust manifold from acestainless.com for $65 shipped and the head flange from ZPI for $35.

i have been looking all day for the parts needed to put the kit together, and i came up with a couple. heres the intercooler that i'll be using. is an ebay intercooler thats the perfect lenght of 18". a bit too tall for my taste but a great price. i'll have to cut hols on the crash bar or make some kind of duct to get airflow thru the top. it will cost $105 shipped.
ebay auction (http://s1.promotionsupplies.com/ebay/etdmotors/images/ic/au-ic0003-1.jpg)
http://s1.promotionsupplies.com/ebay/etdmotors/images/ic/au-ic0003-1.jpg

i also found the pipe silicone connectors from a local semi-trucking company called "Fleetwise". i'll be using 2" and 2.5" radiator hoses from the semis that are as durable as 4 ply connectors worth a lot more money.

heres the part# 56040 for the 2.5" and 56032 for the 2".
i spend $35 total for 2 feet of 2" and half a foot of 2.5"
they come in black and are made by goodyear. the number for the company is 216-621-4808 just in case you wanted to get some.

now i gotta run to the machine shop so i can get the turbine inlet flange made. can't find it anywhere on the web. and then go tomorrow to summitracing.com for the mandrel bent tubes. i'll be using 2" tubing for the intercooler pipes and 2.5" for the exhaust tubing.

will take pics as parts are gathered. just wanted to let you guys know whats happening.

tk-421
06-25-2007, 05:16 PM
will take pics as parts are gathered. just wanted to let you guys know whats happening.

Great! Keep the updates coming! :thumbsup:

Doc Zaius
06-25-2007, 08:45 PM
You are a man on a mission!!! Keep it comin'!! :biggrin:

Nigal
06-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Damn! Seeings how I just started changing my own oil joey makes me look like a right fag under the hood. LOL! Can't wait to see the end results.

Black Yaris
06-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Damn! Seeings how I just started changing my own oil joey makes me look like a right fag under the hood. LOL! Can't wait to see the end results.

Hey we all start somewhere, don't we.... fruitcake:wink:

joey1320
06-25-2007, 10:05 PM

hey what part of ohio are you from?
i have been doing this for some time now, so to put the parts together is kinda easy. the hardest part is gonna be the wiring and tuning.

when i first got into cars i didn't even know how to change a tire, i thought you had to take the axle nut off haha... but now i'm a bit more advanced.:wink:

Black Yaris
06-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Hey we all started somewhere didn't we Joey.... Why don't you other Ohio ppl update your profile's to add your city so we don't keep asking eachother :)

contraband831
06-25-2007, 11:10 PM
I wish i was patient enough to start a project like this, keep the updates coming!

joey1320
06-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Hey we all started somewhere didn't we Joey.... Why don't you other Ohio ppl update your profile's to add your city so we don't keep asking eachother :)

profile updated:thumbsup:

Lafiro
06-26-2007, 12:33 AM
the best comparison:
record speedometer from 0-80mph.

After the turbo, do the exact same, ON THE SAME ROAD/PART OF IT!

Lets try a controlled experiment shall we!???

Nigal
06-26-2007, 05:47 AM
hey what part of ohio are you from?
i have been doing this for some time now, so to put the parts together is kinda easy. the hardest part is gonna be the wiring and tuning.

when i first got into cars i didn't even know how to change a tire, i thought you had to take the axle nut off haha... but now i'm a bit more advanced.:wink:

I'm in Piqua, north of Dayton. I don't normally put it in my profile cause most people can't even say it much less know where the hell it is.

I'm trying to get one mod at a time and the CAI is going to be first. Having read the DIY threads it seams like it'd be fairly easy. I'm not a complete wanker with a wrench but I know not to get in too deep too.