PDA

View Full Version : what can you get!!!!

uncleyaris
06-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Lets be honest. Depending on where you are in the toyota world we get different things. I want to know what you get that I can't based on what I have seen here. Please feel free to add to list.
1. Canada RS, 4 drs(plus hatch), roof rack, spoilers,etc.. check toyota.ca

redyaris
06-25-2007, 11:33 PM
No one can get a sunroof, unless you're like a couple here and put one in yourself (Violin)!

PetersRedYaris
06-26-2007, 12:35 AM
Tachometer on a liftback... D4D Diesel... 1.8 liter TS model...

eTiMaGo
06-26-2007, 03:54 AM
In several different markets: HID lights, keyless entry and ignition, telescoping steering wheel, OEM LED brake lights, digital dashboard, digital AC controls, factory navigation unit....

slvryaris
06-26-2007, 04:16 AM
I could only get what they shipped to the U.S. when I got mine. It came with stuff I didnt want and didnt have the things I requested so I took wat I could get. I couldn't even get fog lights on mine because they had just come out. I was the first one in Indiana supposedly to put one on order and I had to wait 3 months.

JosephDoc
06-26-2007, 01:44 PM
I wish to have the keyless entry. USA dealers told me the keyless entry needs to be special ordered and it is only possilbe to be installed when building the car. Also, they said the keyless option will be about $1500 more so they told me not to get it.

srivinus
06-26-2007, 01:53 PM
You can add Keyless even if you dont have the power options.

http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AEOS&Product_Code=W01C-RF104

You can someone else do it if you don't want to do the install yourself. I am having them done this Sat for $199.00 (labor only) plus tax. Way below the $1500 the dealer quoted. Same shop is doing the cruise for $130 in labor.

death is my gift
06-26-2007, 02:09 PM
You can add Keyless even if you dont have the power options.

http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AEOS&Product_Code=W01C-RF104

You can someone else do it if you don't want to do the install yourself. I am having them done this Sat for $199.00 (labor only) plus tax. Way below the $1500 the dealer quoted. Same shop is doing the cruise for $130 in labor.

so, you're telling me that even though i have powerless locks (gotta do it by hand) i can buy this and not only have power locks but also keyless? (the little remote thingie)

uncleyaris
06-26-2007, 02:48 PM
FYI, I went the dealership today to get a price on the RS skirts, and I was given a price on the accessory skirts. I needed to have a vin for the RS model for them to get them for me. I was surprised for the fact that they have a part number for the RS skirts but wouldn't give me a price on it. I don't really like the other skirts they offer. I was told that toyota holds high their RS models and if you want RS stuff you should have bought a RS. BS if you ask me. I didn't want the extra 5000 price tag I only want the skirts, lol

Pars
06-26-2007, 11:02 PM
FYI, I went the dealership today to get a price on the RS skirts, and I was given a price on the accessory skirts. I needed to have a vin for the RS model for them to get them for me. I was surprised for the fact that they have a part number for the RS skirts but wouldn't give me a price on it. I don't really like the other skirts they offer. I was told that toyota holds high their RS models and if you want RS stuff you should have bought a RS. BS if you ask me. I didn't want the extra 5000 price tag I only want the skirts, lol

It was that kind of arrogant attitude that put me off the Honda Fit in the first place. Just cause something is a hot seller today doesn't mean it's going to be a hot seller tomorrow. And being fed BS is not going to instill any customer loyalty. So, when Honda comes up with their next Ace (they alway have something hidden up their sleeve), the Canadian customer are going to remember cash grab Toyota imposed by offering the well equipped RS model for a outrageous premium.

It doesn't help matters, when you consider that Canadians are paying more for their Yaris then anyone else in the world. When factoring GST/PST, we're paying about $19000 for stripped Yaris, US gets it for $14000 and for $19000 the rest of the world get a loaded Yaris that makes our vaunted RS version look like a donkey cart. So, we're getting shafted, but it's still the best small car on the market and we're willing to pay the premium, but we don't need the attitude on top of it!

If I were Toyota Canada, I'd be working hard at keeping all the newly acquired Toyota customer, who have migrated over from other manufactures. And if we want to dress-up our Yaris, Toyota should be tripping over them-self to give us a good deal. Not only does it promote the image of their product, but it keeps us finicky customers happy. :mad:

uncleyaris
06-27-2007, 07:23 AM
well stated !!

Thotprawsis
06-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Wow Pars! That was very well put. Here's how to get the message to Toyota of Canada.
https://www.toyota.ca/cgi-bin/WebObjects/WWW.woa/2/wo/Home.ContactUs-nIrIu8WGgfriIhDctM7y20/0.13.0.1?fmg%2fcontact%2ff110000e%2ehtml
Speak up or risk not being heard.

srivinus
06-27-2007, 12:08 PM
so, you're telling me that even though i have powerless locks (gotta do it by hand) i can buy this and not only have power locks but also keyless? (the little remote thingie)

That is exactly what I mean. Just print out the parts page from the website and take it it to some stereo installers in town to see what they would charge for labor. I originally posted an ad on craigslist in Charlotte in the Services/Automotive section with a link to the part. I got several quotes from people that would do at my location in the $150-$250 range.

I found a stereo store recommended by the dealer to install the cruise Dealers in Charlotte do not sell an aftermarket cruise yet for the Yari. I am getting both installed on Saturday with the same guy that is installing my cruise. Total for parts $350 and the labor is $330

So with the parts and labor you should be between 300-500 for just the alarm/keyless thingy

srivinus
06-27-2007, 12:19 PM
It doesn't help matters, when you consider that Canadians are paying more for their Yaris then anyone else in the world. When factoring GST/PST, we're paying about $19000 for stripped Yaris, US gets it for $14000 and for $19000 the rest of the world get a loaded Yaris that makes our vaunted RS version look like a donkey cart. So, we're getting shafted, but it's still the best small car on the market and we're willing to pay the premium, but we don't need the attitude on top of it!

:mad:

Actually the Danes or possibly people from Singapore are paying the most. In Denmark you pay, at least when I lived there in 2001-2002, a 200% VAT/FEE/Surcharge on a new car purchase. Singapore you have buy a special license to even buy a car and those are not cheap. Or at least they were not when I was there last.

These are countries, that while they allow you to drive, they would prefer that you not drive and take public transport. So they make the cost of entry pretty darn high if you want to own a vehicle.

And before some blasts me, I know there are ways around it.

Pars
06-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Wow Pars! That was very well put. Here's how to get the message to Toyota of Canada.
https://www.toyota.ca/cgi-bin/WebObjects/WWW.woa/2/wo/Home.ContactUs-nIrIu8WGgfriIhDctM7y20/0.13.0.1?fmg%2fcontact%2ff110000e%2ehtml
Speak up or risk not being heard.

I met Uncleyaris at a Toronto meet that he organized. Cool guy and real enthusiast. Since he was the one who was slighted, he's welcome to use my post, if he wants to give Toyota the heads-up.

Pars
06-28-2007, 08:04 AM
Actually the Danes or possibly people from Singapore are paying the most. In Denmark you pay, at least when I lived there in 2001-2002, a 200% VAT/FEE/Surcharge on a new car purchase. Singapore you have buy a special license to even buy a car and those are not cheap. Or at least they were not when I was there last.

These are countries, that while they allow you to drive, they would prefer that you not drive and take public transport. So they make the cost of entry pretty darn high if you want to own a vehicle.

And before some blasts me, I know there are ways around it.

I've heard stories about Singapore. Apparently, if you spit, the authorities will behead you :biggrin:

True, a lot of the additional car expense is caused by the government, not the manufactures. For example, imports coming in from Japan would have to pay a Canadian tariff, which is not the case for those Yaris that are States bound. So, it's not all one-sided, but now that the Yaris is a big hit in Canada, why hold back on the cool options? Being creative with the options so that manufacture can post a sub standard price is all well and good, but now that the Yaris has taken off, the option package should reflect the success.