PDA

View Full Version : OBX Pedal Set

cm07yaris
06-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Are the OBX pedals full replacements or are they just covers to the stock pedals? Cheapest price for a manual set? Thanks!

Astroman
06-28-2007, 03:11 PM
I have the auto w/OBX pedals. For the accelerator pad, it went on over the existing. For the brake pedal, I had to remove the rubber pad, then slip the OBX pedal over the metal pedal. I'm sure this is similar to the manual, but of course I have no idea how the manual pedal works, whether you have to pull a rubber pad off, or just install over existing pedal. Using a soapy water mixture or windex makes it easier to slip the pedals on. Here is a picture of mine installed, and I got them at sparks, one of the sponsors on here.
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/images/funkygarage/209/OBX.jpg

brickhardmeat
06-28-2007, 03:14 PM
I like those I'll have to get a set and a shifter knob. Maybe I'll be patient enough to get from the Thai group buy.:biggrin:

What mats do you have astroman? forgive me if you have posted this already somewhere

cm07yaris
06-28-2007, 03:22 PM
hey thanks a lot astroman!

cm07yaris
06-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Are they Thai ones the same as over here?

ROCKLAND TOYOTA
06-28-2007, 03:34 PM
once again i stole a set of manual ones off a traded in SCION XB.....

Astroman
06-28-2007, 03:37 PM
I like those I'll have to get a set and a shifter knob. Maybe I'll be patient enough to get from the Thai group buy.:biggrin:

What mats do you have astroman? forgive me if you have posted this already somewhere

They add a nice touch to the interior for sure. For now it's the only interior mod I have, unless you count scratching up the plastic which sucks. I do have the factory Yaris floormats under the rubber ones. I got the rubbers at Wal-Mart with matching styled mats for the rear. I think they were like $10ea for the fronts, and maybe $5 or $6ea for the rear. I liked them because there is a lot of crud that gets into the car all times of the year, and they hold the dirt & junk really well, and are super easy to clean. Most of the time just shaking them out of the car works, and for the times I spilled my rockstar, the sprayer at a carwash worked great. They have some other colors besides black (clear, tan, gray) but I thought the black worked the best. As for price on those OBX pedal covers, I'm not sure who has the best price. Of course check out our sponsors first, then ebay.

cm07yaris
06-28-2007, 03:44 PM
hey rockland, want to make some extra cash....:evil:

brickhardmeat
06-28-2007, 05:18 PM
check out the thai ones, they may be slightly different style and I think they actually come out a little cheaper, sparks is prob the best deal other than that

eTiMaGo
06-29-2007, 07:19 AM
the OEM ones here are a little different:

http://www.etimago.com/yaris/accessories/actual/mtpedals.JPG

Though I am not sure if the brake pedal is bigger for the AT set.

brickhardmeat
06-29-2007, 08:49 AM
So Thai might not fit.:cry:

Guess I'll go American.

ROCKLAND TOYOTA
06-29-2007, 09:35 AM
hey rockland, want to make some extra cash....:evil:
DO TELL.....

KoDoK NyeLeM
12-28-2008, 07:22 AM
the OEM ones here are a little different:

http://www.etimago.com/yaris/accessories/actual/mtpedals.JPG

Though I am not sure if the brake pedal is bigger for the AT set.

hai etimago..how to uninstall the old gas pedal..and install the new one??
thx..

Chupacabra
12-28-2008, 09:43 AM
once again i stole a set of manual ones off a traded in SCION XB.....

I am sure Rockland Toyota would love to know that they have you representin' the thug life.

Treyz
12-28-2008, 10:14 AM
Mine are from a Scion xA. Actually, a buddy wont them from the raffle at the Lawrence show and he gave them to me. The gas pedal is a bit loose but nothing that 3M tape can fix.

ddongbap
12-28-2008, 11:03 AM
I am sure Rockland Toyota would love to know that they have you representin' the thug life.

Straight eThuggin, yo.