PDA

View Full Version : what would u pay

Toyotech
06-28-2007, 09:28 PM
would you pay 900 dollars to achieve 80+mpg on the yaris?

flint_mica_manual
06-28-2007, 09:41 PM
would you pay 900 dollars to achieve 80+mpg on the yaris?

What are you selling?

Let's see, I spend 25 dollars a week in gas. That's 100 dollars a month. Divide that in half, 50 dollars, for the 80mpg. . cause I get 40mpg. . .rounded off.

That means it would take 18 months to pay off. That would be worth it.

But I highly doubt there is any such mod, or 'yota would be selling it.

Lemmie guess tho? A brown gas generator? Acetone additive? Cyclone intake?

Toyotech
06-28-2007, 09:48 PM
What are you selling?

Let's see, I spend 25 dollars a week in gas. That's 100 dollars a month. Divide that in half, 50 dollars, for the 80mpg. . cause I get 40mpg. . .rounded off.

That means it would take 18 months to pay off. That would be worth it.

But I highly doubt there is any such mod, or 'yota would be selling it.

Lemmie guess tho? A brown gas generator? Acetone additive? Cyclone intake?

im not selling anything.. just a question. im not a salesman.

why would toyota sell it when they make so much profit?

and there are dealers involved...many...and many to come. acetone is partially included but 1 oz..lol

Blenjar
06-28-2007, 10:02 PM
pay 500 to add 5mpg to your car.

that would be a nice profit.

-- Blen

BailOut
06-28-2007, 10:36 PM
I bet he's hinting at an aftermarket version of the HSD (Hybrid Synergy Drive).

sherryberry
06-28-2007, 10:55 PM
sure why not.. it'll save money in the long run.

adamschneider
06-29-2007, 12:51 AM
Is it a Mr. Fusion?

http://www.feagz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bttf/fuscr.jpg

bnther36
06-29-2007, 12:36 PM
Is it a Mr. Fusion?

http://www.feagz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bttf/fuscr.jpg

:laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: That made my day!

uncleyaris
06-29-2007, 09:00 PM
what cooking TT

Edd
06-29-2007, 09:04 PM
Hey! Would anyone pay $100 for turbo in their yaris to go with their magical hypermiler!??!?
:rolleyes:

eTiMaGo
06-30-2007, 03:02 AM
I think in Japan they have a "mini hybrid" system of sorts which shuts down the engine instead of idling, and uses a more powerful starter motor to get it back up to speed quickly when moving again. According to Wikipedia's page on the Vitz:

Intelligent Package

The 'Intelligent Package' (available in some countries beginning April 2005) will use the Toyota 'Intelligent Idling Stop System' to achieve the highest fuel efficiency level within the class. Using a lithium-ion battery, the engine is automatically put into the idling stop state when the car comes to a stop. The engine is subsequently smoothly restarted when the brake is released. As a result, this version of the Vitz has achieved a fuel efficiency level of 25.5km/l (an 8.5% improvement over standard versions), the highest in Japan, excluding mini-vehicles and hybrid vehicles.

25.5km/l is a hair under 60MPG... Interesting!

Quatro
06-30-2007, 04:20 AM
I would.

Quatro
06-30-2007, 04:22 AM
im not selling anything.. just a question. im not a salesman.

Too bad. I'd be the first one to get it.

tacsniper
07-01-2007, 01:31 AM
spill the beans what are you trying to invent here... ;)

Toyotech
07-01-2007, 09:36 PM
spill the beans what are you trying to invent here... ;)

not inventing. my job to teach and assist/install a hydrogen assist technology with a few other tweaks (not a toyo tech anymore :) ) ... last two vehicles had a large impact in milage gains....over 100% gain. a 100k mile plymouth breeze got 77mpg and a 5 speed 95 f150 ended up getting 33mpg...it was 13mpg to start...lol. the breeze will drop to 72-73 after a little more tuning. excessive lean starting right now with poor map voltage..

oh yea, 03 camry 2az is getting 60+mpg right now.

brickhardmeat
07-01-2007, 09:50 PM
wow, cool job

foober
07-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Basically its just getting something to ignite in your combustion chamber. It can be any gas that explodes. Folks for years have come up with other than gasoline run engines. But as we know they disappear.

drifto
07-01-2007, 10:48 PM
wow where did you find this nifty job, im getting a little bored of honda. would like to be a "former" honda tech too... :)

BailOut
07-02-2007, 12:25 AM
not inventing. my job to teach and assist/install a hydrogen assist technology with a few other tweaks

I call bullshit. It takes so much energy to produce the hydrogen, and it takes so much weight to produce the protection of the highly explosive fuel cell that the overall position is that you use so much more energy and resources to make it work that it is not worth it whatsoever.

Edd
07-02-2007, 02:00 AM
Fuel cells are ok if the hydrogen is split from water by powering it in reverse with solar. It sure takes a hell of a lot longer to produce the hydrogen than to burn it.
Methanol/Ethanol fuels are pretty good too.

Nigal
07-02-2007, 05:40 AM
I want my damn water car and I want it now!!

Car that runs on water as seen on 60 Minutes (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3333992194168790800&q=water+car&total=3712&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0)

bnther36
07-02-2007, 10:01 AM
I think I read something about this already being done. It was a Canadian that built some sort of Hydrogen injection system and they were going to put it on trucks. I don't remember the MPH gains being as high as what toyotech is going for; I think it was more around 15%. Whatever happened to the technology I don't know. But I remember that there were some real concerns about the safe storage of the hydrogen. I'll see if I can't dig something up.

eTiMaGo
07-02-2007, 10:16 AM
H2 Yaris aka mini-Hindenberg... maybe not...

bnther36
07-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Here's the link on that Hydrogen injection. "http://www.chechfi.ca/"
I'm just a little curious though, if it is a proven technology then why isn't it mainstream?

I'm still holding out for a PHEV:thumbup:

sherryberry
07-02-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm just a little curious though, if it is a proven technology then why isn't it mainstream?

Because the oil companies don't want you to know about it!! it's a conspiracy!!! :tongue:

tacsniper
07-02-2007, 12:08 PM
will this void the warranty?

brickhardmeat
07-02-2007, 12:39 PM
:laughabove:

Toyotech
07-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Basically its just getting something to ignite in your combustion chamber. It can be any gas that explodes. Folks for years have come up with other than gasoline run engines. But as we know they disappear.

the company has had many success in the past and we are rushing to get ready for what is to come in the next few months. they haven't gone anywhere. and with dealership interest... i really don't see it gone anytime soon.

wow where did you find this nifty job, im getting a little bored of honda. would like to be a "former" honda tech too... :)

actually they found me. i was kinda suprised.

Fuel cells are ok if the hydrogen is split from water by powering it in reverse with solar. It sure takes a hell of a lot longer to produce the hydrogen than to burn it.
Methanol/Ethanol fuels are pretty good too.

its a hydrogen/oxygen mixture pulled from distilled water and added to the fuel mixture. this is only part of the kit though.

Because the oil companies don't want you to know about it!! it's a conspiracy!!! :tongue:

u laugh... but im in the middle as a believer

depends... they would have a very hard time proving a problem

I call bullshit. It takes so much energy to produce the hydrogen, and it takes so much weight to produce the protection of the highly explosive fuel cell that the overall position is that you use so much more energy and resources to make it work that it is not worth it whatsoever.

highly explosive? u mean implosive...and its just a quick pop with no damage. uses so much more energy?... i said assist. so getting 70+mpg... having to add water here and there doesn't make it worth it?

because its been held back and constantly being perfected. theres more to this then the kit then what u have posted. i also didn't read everything from that company.

you will be seeing the infomercial's hit tv at the end of this month.

tacsniper
07-02-2007, 05:50 PM
ok next question... how will you be able to offer this worldwide? well at least to US and Canada?

If someone here with a Yaris have tried it and works and either this company or Toyota will honor the warranty then yea I will pay for it.

Toyotech
07-02-2007, 06:28 PM
ok next question... how will you be able to offer this worldwide? well at least to US and Canada?

If someone here with a Yaris have tried it and works and either this company or Toyota will honor the warranty then yea I will pay for it.

i'm not the one offering it. they would be able to purchase it from one of our dealers which are all over the world.

i don't want to say too much or really get into it because i've been told not too. sorry its so vague.

also... if it was bullshit, i wouldn't post. why post something that may not serve function or may be fake? thats not me.

bnther36
07-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Well I guess we'll have to wait and see. I don't have any problem paying $900 or so if it'll take money away from the 'oil monster'. I must admit that I am somewhat skeptical...there never seems to be any shortage of mileage miracles. But I will hold off on the verdict.
Keep us posted Toyotech. If a dealer is willing to install the gizmo and it won't void any of my warrenty, then I would be willing to consider it.

tacsniper
07-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Well I guess we'll have to wait and see. I don't have any problem paying $900 or so if it'll take money away from the 'oil monster'. I must admit that I am somewhat skeptical...there never seems to be any shortage of mileage miracles. But I will hold off on the verdict.
Keep us posted Toyotech. If a dealer is willing to install the gizmo and it won't void any of my warrenty, then I would be willing to consider it.

+1

Toyotech
07-03-2007, 10:42 PM

i completely understand.. everyone is skeptical.

i'll be looking locally to see if a tri-state yaris owner would let the students do an install on there car.. it would be free install/free kit... even free oil change and possible trans service. lol. only catch is needing it for a few days. 2 days for the soon to be trainers/students for the install and another day for me and my partner in the diag area too further test and make sure everything is good without any drivability issues.

i think once CARB is approved getting the dealerships to cover the installs will be much easier.

i will be putting this kit on my corolla too :) ...but with a mild tune not for full efficiency. i like power a little power adder too, im sure my fiance can deal with 60mpg or so

njyaris
07-03-2007, 11:53 PM
hey toyotech thanks for sharing .. thats some interesting innovative shit meng!!!