PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Key Blanks

bearda
06-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Anybody think something like this would work on an '07 3-door Yaris?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOTA-TRD-KEY-BLANK-UNCUT-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ40016QQihZ014QQitem Z330139614009QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
(there are a couple of other auctions in different colors and with the Toyota logo, but I'm more wondering if that type of key would work).

As far as I can tell the 3-doors don't have an immobilizer system (correct me if I'm wrong, I wasn't able to get a 100% straight answer). I guess the big question is if it would fit in the ignition. Does the Yaris share a key blank with any other Toyotas? I saw something like this in person a while back and always wanted one for my Mazda, but the transponder meant it couldn't start the engine. Now I'm looking to make copies of my wife's new car keys and would like to grab one of these if it'll work. Any ideas?

ChinoCharles
06-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Only one way to find out... :cool: Its 20 bucks. Take a chance.

hasher22
06-30-2007, 01:10 AM
ooooo i would buy one.......better lookin, sexay

Jerkratt
06-30-2007, 01:39 AM
i bought a switchblade key and it works with mine... i dont have automatic doors or an alarm so i dont have a chip in my key... it works great but the base is made poorly and the key sticks out a little when its folded so i use it when i go to the track and shows and stuff lol. attached to it is a TRD lanyard type neck thing.

so this should work as well dont quote me on it tho... your best bet is to ask the seller

IllusionX
07-01-2007, 12:16 AM
TR47-P by ilco is the key for the 07 yaris.

none of the USDM yaris have a chip in the keys.. so any key will start your engine.

according to the picture of this auction.. it will work with our 07 yarii.

gm830
07-01-2007, 10:12 AM
does it matter if your car has keyless entry or not?

Edd
07-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Well if you have keyless entry, you will still need your original keymote to unlock the door, so there's no point carrying an extra key just to put in the ignition. Although you may be able to open the door using the keyhole. I suppose it depends if you have an immobiliser or not.