PDA

View Full Version : Stone Chips

RandomPilar
06-30-2007, 07:34 PM
My Yaris is about 2 months old now. I got my first stone chips on the front of it. It's silver so they just look like little black specs of dirt but are actually chipped paint?

Can anyone offer some advice on taking care of these little problems? Thanks.

BailOut
06-30-2007, 08:23 PM
http://www.expresspaint.com/productcart/pc/step3.asp

keesue
07-01-2007, 09:59 AM
http://www.expresspaint.com/productcart/pc/step3.asp

Thanks for posting this.

static808
07-01-2007, 06:43 PM
go to local dealership and get the touch up paint. works great! its a pen and a brush, so no matter the size/shape of the stone chips, you're pretty covered. good luck!

--B

Jerkratt
07-02-2007, 01:25 AM
mine looks like a double sided highlighter...one side 209 paint other side clear coat... lol say bye to brushes haha

petesimac
07-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Well, after all the doom-sayers around here about the paint, I was very surprised after a 2500 mile trip to find very little damage on the car; there is one tiny pin-head chip and two or three pin-point chips that you can't see unless the sun hits it just the right way. There is one sizeable scratch on the panel just in front of the rear wheel -- you know that piece of whatever it is that is stuck on the car just in front of the rear wheels?. Well, it's low and not very visible, plus, that's what that little doo-hickey is for, right? Also, the way I think about it, it's like the shuttle when it returns from a trip; of course there's going to be some tile damage; it just adds to the charm. I did, however, stop by the toyota dealership to order some touch-up paint -- hey, they repair the shuttle's tiles, don't they?

bladesmith6
08-06-2007, 12:43 PM
I guess I'm one of the doom-sayers, I have to say that this is the thinest and most scratch prone paint on a car I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. I've had my car about a year now and the nose looks like someone shot it with a full automatic BB gun. I'm going to have to get it re-painted probably next year and get that 3 m paint protection film or something like it. The doors aren't much better, if you look at them wrong they scratch, might have to get the rest of the car clear coated while I'm at it. I love the color(blazing blue) but I'm dissapointed in the thickness of the paint. My first toyota and between the lack of soundproofing and the paint quality despite the fact that I love my liftback I'm a little pissed at Toyota's "if your not spending 20K this is what you get" attitude. oh well....

jim TS
08-06-2007, 05:26 PM
go to local dealership and get the touch up paint. works great! its a pen and a brush, so no matter the size/shape of the stone chips, you're pretty covered. good luck!

--B

didn't you get it with the car when you bought it??

jonr0613
08-15-2007, 04:21 AM
try the touch up paint that came when you bought your care...

static808
08-15-2007, 03:52 PM
didn't you get it with the car when you bought it??

toyota usa is too cheap to throw in a $10 touch-up pen for free.

--B