PDA

View Full Version : question about the grill

esquiva
07-01-2007, 06:02 AM
anyone knows if the bottom grill can be taken off?...im not sure if anyone has done it yet...could not find anything when i searched..

||)) (o) ||\||
07-01-2007, 08:59 AM
Im curious to know myself!

brickhardmeat
07-01-2007, 12:40 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a253/081877/grill.jpg

||)) (o) ||\||
07-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Well that was helpful. I'm sure it can be done but if you have that protective plate underneath like I have on the front end you cant get behind the grille or fog lights. Just gotta figure out how to safely remove that plate and go from there.

jdium
07-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Well that was helpful...

That was my thought too...post whoring it up...

I'm guessing that it can be removed with a dremel, but it's not going to be very clean looking...

brickhardmeat
07-01-2007, 02:50 PM
That was my thought too...post whoring it up...

I'm guessing that it can be removed with a dremel, but it's not going to be very clean looking...

he said grill didn't he?

just paint it black if you want it to disappear, is this not a possability, I have seen it done on a liftback, looks nice

jdium
07-01-2007, 03:27 PM
he said grill didn't he?

just paint it black if you want it to disappear, is this not a possability, I have seen it done on a liftback, looks nice

Good point :rolleyes:

You could at least have tried something like :
http://rapbasement.com/pictures/d/18321-3/paul_wall_grill_03.jpg

redyaris
07-01-2007, 11:00 PM
anyone knows if the bottom grill can be taken off?...im not sure if anyone has done it yet...could not find anything when i searched..

I took mine off my liftback to paint it....if youre talkin sedan yes there is someone here that did a mesh insert down there....not sure who it was...

This car is amazingly easy to disassemble. The grill attachments are pitifully clipped in place. Be careful when removing or you'll break the weakly constructed things.

brickhardmeat
07-02-2007, 12:16 AM
I took mine off my liftback to paint it....if youre talkin sedan yes there is someone here that did a mesh insert down there....not sure who it was...

This car is amazingly easy to disassemble. The grill attachments are pitifully clipped in place. Be careful when removing or you'll break the weakly constructed things.

I think Kaotic did something like that with his.

Kaotic Lazagna
07-02-2007, 12:21 AM
me? lol...yeah, i added a black mesh grill, but i didn't take off the one that's already in place.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3905&highlight=mesh+grill

sorry, i didn't get to do a DIY, but i listed down the steps i took to do it on the last page or so. it's relatively easy. you just need to find a grill that suits your taste. i went with a black mesh grill made of heavy duty plastic (no holes yet).

Kaotic Lazagna
07-02-2007, 12:22 AM
oh, and the only hard part is getting a perfect outline (i couldn't get mine to be perfect, but good enough).

mikeukrainetz
07-05-2007, 04:28 PM
the bottom grill just pops out, has small plastic tabs that fit into the bumper.
took mine out to fit the front lip. had an accident on the weekend and split the lip in two... no more kit.

Kaotic Lazagna
07-05-2007, 05:13 PM
awww that sucks, man. heh, gives you a reason to buy another kit/lip.

Meteorite Man
07-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Brick....With your "Grille" and my lemonade stand.....Oh the posibilties. We could set up out front of the WeightWatcher's Convention and make a $$$killin'$$$.

Think of the mods you could do with the profits.

Keep up the "whoring", It makes the world go 'round.

Chuck

Black Yaris
07-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Is this the George Forman thread?

brickhardmeat
07-05-2007, 06:29 PM
still leaning towards the hibachi but the forman is nice:laugh:

Black Yaris
07-05-2007, 07:25 PM
http://www.chrisrommel.com/AirbrushedCaricatures/GeorgeForeman.jpg

ROCKLAND TOYOTA
07-07-2007, 11:55 AM
i was gonna take mine out but i don't like the look without it.....