PDA

View Full Version : yaris rs shift knob

roxy84
07-03-2007, 07:35 AM
does anyone know of any sources for the yaris rs shift knob. there is a pic on the first post of this thread:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5921&highlight=shift+knob

i think it would look nice in our american yarii. i suppose the only way would be to order through a canadian dealer.

njyaris
07-03-2007, 08:16 AM
go total aftermarket .. why not????

cleong
07-03-2007, 08:42 AM
If you intended to retain the stock rubber boot that comes standard on the LB, only the RS knob fits the top of the rubber boot perfectly like it was made for it.

Everything else would look ill-fitting.

Unless of course you are prepared to toss out the stock rubber boot for a leather one.

roxy84
07-03-2007, 03:48 PM
i eventually want to dump the rubber boot. even so, the rs shift knob appeals to me better than anything else ive seen. the color scheme looks right in the yaris. the problem with many aftermartket shift knobs that look nice is they are made of some type of material that gets very hot in the sun.

anyway, am i going to have to order this from a canadian dealership?

cleong
07-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Have you considered the TRD black leather knob then?

roxy84
07-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Have you considered the TRD black leather knob then?

yes, i have. it looks too dark, whereas the rs knob looks more greyish. maybe the rs knob is just as black, but from the pics ive seen it doesnt seem so. the problem with the yaris dash is its not really black but its not grey either. its like a super dark grey, if that makes any sense.

cleong
07-04-2007, 07:28 PM
I know, I have the RS knob - it is the right shade of grey that fits the rest of the trim. Good luck ordering it, I could tell you where I got it from but it's probably of little use to you. I'll try to upload a photo of my knob later.

uncleyaris
07-04-2007, 10:27 PM
drive up to a dealership in Canada and get one.

roxy84
07-05-2007, 02:40 PM
i checked with eastway toyota in windsor. they told me there are 3 different knobs for the rs. 2 of them are round (one silver, one black mesh) then the longer shaped leather one with the chrome down the middle. the last one is the one i ordered. this will fit just as the stock hatchback knob, right??

uncleyaris
07-05-2007, 03:41 PM
how much was it?

IllusionX
07-05-2007, 04:13 PM
the RS rubber is exactly the same as the standard one.

roxy84
07-05-2007, 04:25 PM
the RS rubber is exactly the same as the standard one.

isnt the one from the thread i referenced in the first post the standard one for the rs?

the leather with chrome down the middle was $49 can/ so maybe ~$40 us. part #C-00-22-000-23

cleong
07-05-2007, 08:06 PM
i checked with eastway toyota in windsor. they told me there are 3 different knobs for the rs. 2 of them are round (one silver, one black mesh) then the longer shaped leather one with the chrome down the middle. the last one is the one i ordered. this will fit just as the stock hatchback knob, right??

It will fit right, you bought the correct one. The RS knob is leather with a chromed plastic insert.

roxy84
07-06-2007, 05:15 AM
thanks, cleong.

roxy84
07-06-2007, 07:49 PM
aaaaaaarggggghhh!! mission failed. i get to Eastway Toyota in Windsor to pick up my shift knob. its leather, but not w/ the chrome insert (and numbers for the gears on top). instead the insert is more like a metal mesh grill kinda thing and the shape at the top of the knob has a duck's bill kind of shape. the lady who i talked over the phone assured me its the stock one for the rs. the guy at the parts counter said this one was just an accessory. he informed me that the stock rs knob would be $200 canadian! im not paying that much for a shift knob.

echo hrs, where did you get the knob you posted? they sell a very similar one in the states for the yaris, but it is silver and metal.

cleong
07-06-2007, 10:22 PM
aaaaaaarggggghhh!! mission failed. i get to Eastway Toyota in Windsor to pick up my shift knob. its leather, but not w/ the chrome insert (and numbers for the gears on top). instead the insert is more like a metal mesh grill kinda thing and the shape at the top of the knob has a duck's bill kind of shape. the lady who i talked over the phone assured me its the stock one for the rs. the guy at the parts counter said this one was just an accessory. he informed me that the stock rs knob would be $200 canadian! im not paying that much for a shift knob.

echo hrs, where did you get the knob you posted? they sell a very similar one in the states for the yaris, but it is silver and metal.

$200? It cost me the equivalent of US$60 when I got it from my local stockist.