PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Smoke their Tails on an '07 Yet?

Chris07LB
06-14-2006, 12:56 PM
Looking to smoke my tail lights on my Polar LB, just looking for pics of others already done.

TIA!

ECHOKnight2000
06-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Looking to smoke my tail lights on my Polar LB, just looking for pics of others already done.

TIA!

That sounds really cool but before you do that check with your states law (if applicable) about that...I read that some states its illegal for the rear lights to be "smoked." Otherwise keep us updated on price and how it worked for ya...sorry I have no pics:biggrin:

johnnyfive
06-15-2006, 12:55 AM
i would think if you drive around with red tape covering your tail lights there shouldnt be a problem with a little tinted plastic :) aslong as they show the right colors when lit. but i am not a police officer, or lawyer, so who knows..

KSIbucky
06-15-2006, 02:29 PM
I'm new to cars what do you me smoke you lights

Chris07LB
06-15-2006, 11:14 PM
I know it is not legal, nor does it bother me. It will not be the first car I have done this to, I was just looking for examples of this done on a Yaris.

Chris07LB
06-15-2006, 11:17 PM
I'm new to cars what do you me smoke you lights

There is a few ways this can be done.

Most common lately is the "easy way out", where you have a tinted film wrapped to your lens.. just like you would get your windows tinted.

Best way, is by lightly painting (tinting) them. Any good body shop can do this. Its basically, clear coat, mixed with just a little black, and the more coats you do, the darker it gets. This way the darkness is controled to how you want it.

Of course with the tinted film, you always have the option to go back to stock tails, rather easy.. depending on how long they have been on for. After a while the film will be hard, but not impossiable to remove.

echo_hrs
06-15-2006, 11:36 PM
I tried red-out, using Orcal Red Transparent Film, and didn't like the way it looked so I went back to stock...I'm probably just going to import the JDM LED Tails anyways...

Cheers

TRD_Yaris
06-16-2006, 01:35 AM
I tried red-out, using Orcal Red Transparent Film, and didn't like the way it looked so I went back to stock...I'm probably just going to import the JDM LED Tails anyways...

Cheers

did you paint the inside or the outside of the taillight lense? you have to open the taillights up and spray the inside to get the correct effect. if you spray the outside, it gives the plastic an old, rough surface that looks plain horrible.
While you're in there, you might as well replace the bulb setups with some LEDs :wub:

echo_hrs
06-16-2006, 01:47 AM
did you paint the inside or the outside of the taillight lense? you have to open the taillights up and spray the inside to get the correct effect. if you spray the outside, it gives the plastic an old, rough surface that looks plain horrible.
While you're in there, you might as well replace the bulb setups with some LEDs :wub:

Oracal is a professional grade vinyl graphics film.

Red 031 ORACAL 8300 Transparent Cal is a transparent red film that looks oem when put on...It's the same taillight redout sold by Rvinyl, and BlueBatmobile. It applies like any other vinyl graphics, and 3M Hood Film, you clean the surface, mix up a solution of water, a couple of drops of dish soap, and a couple of drops of rubbing alcohol....Then slip and slide your template into position...

It applies to the exteriior, and can be removed at a later time if desired...

Cheers

TRD_Yaris
07-19-2006, 02:40 AM
Anyone Smoke their Tails on an '07 Yet?
TIA!

why? duzitgetyahy? maybe i'll try summa that.

nah, but on the realz, i've got a spare set of Yaris headlight/taillights that I'm going to start experimenting on soon. I've still gotta win a few more ebay auction before i have all the random stuff necessary for a devious project of epic proportions :bow:

*set of 02-04 Infiniti Q45 Xenon projectors (SPORT model with blue face), HID ballasts, and bulbs
*cold cathode tubes
*LEDs by the dozen :drool:
*paint housings (i can't decide between Matte Black or Black Sand Pearl (OEM color of my second Yaris)
*always a few "small details" to work out

Chris07LB
07-19-2006, 08:35 AM
why? duzitgetyahy? maybe i'll try summa that.

Can you say another DIY How-To coming soon??

I already decided, i'm gonna do these soon.. wouldn't be the first set I've ever done, but Im just hesitant on how they will look on White..

ChinoCharles
07-19-2006, 01:38 PM
I don't know Chris, I think it would look pretty sweet. You're already rolling on black steelies, why not make them match? Haha.

Chris07LB
07-19-2006, 08:22 PM
I don't know Chris, I think it would look pretty sweet. You're already rolling on black steelies, why not make them match? Haha.

Black steelies are soooo hot right now! :tongue:

ChinoCharles
07-19-2006, 09:30 PM
Psh, black steelies are SOOOO 2004. Don't you know that scratched up hubcaps are the Summer's hottest fasion?! Just go to your local drive thru bank teller and turn into the curb. You'll be on the red carpet in no time! :smoking:

elsteverino889
07-19-2006, 11:36 PM
Im a member to cardomain.com and i look at other yaris' all the time and heres a guy with smoked tail lights

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2389951

TRD_Yaris
07-20-2006, 02:49 AM
Black steelies are soooo hot right now! :tongue:
black steelies were are the "chrome" of 2004...gunmetal is the witch's tits, right now... :drool:

TRD_Yaris
07-20-2006, 02:54 AM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/2389000-2389999/2389951_15_full.jpg

Chris07LB
07-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Psh, black steelies are SOOOO 2004. Don't you know that scratched up hubcaps are the Summer's hottest fasion?!

Guess i been spending too much time on the ScionLife forums then... :tongue:

Chris07LB
07-20-2006, 08:17 AM
black steelies were are the "chrome" of 2004...gunmetal is the witch's tits, right now... :drool:

Correction, BRONZE on anything is TITs now! :wub:

ChinoCharles
07-22-2006, 02:51 AM
If you wanted to smoke your tail lights and haven't seen the thred on LED bulbs for your tails, you need to go check that out. Fo' realz.

Black Yaris
10-21-2006, 02:11 AM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j111/jthomas43613/stance.jpg

Chris07LB
10-21-2006, 07:52 AM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j111/jthomas43613/stance.jpg

How about a pic we can see a little better.