PDA

View Full Version : Have you taken your Yaris on a long trip? Was it comfortable?

Yaris_Fan
07-12-2007, 12:50 AM
I've never been in mine for longer than a hour or so.

99% daily inner city commuting.

Black Yaris
07-12-2007, 12:51 AM
please do a search... this topic has been discused many times

hans_fh
07-12-2007, 01:02 AM
800-mile X2 trip to Las Vegas from northern Utah during Spring Break. Not such comfortable compared to my buddy's Mazda 3, but very good millage.

I am going to drive to LA from northern Utah on August 2nd.

tk-421
07-12-2007, 02:39 AM
I took my Yaris on a nice long ride from Mexico City to the coast of Michoacán (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michoac%C3%83%C2%A1n) and back when it was about a week old. I folded the rear seats and took most of my friends' luggage (about 8 ppl came that time).

I actually got a speeding ticket on that trip, which I proudly keep in my glove compartment. Whenever someone tells me that my car can't run worth a f@ck, I show them the proof. :thumbsup:

OtownYaris
07-16-2007, 11:11 AM
I drove mine from Altamonte Springs to Jacksonville and back on Saturday (240miles). Seat comfort was OK, had to recline my seat a little while makes you reach out more than usual for the steering wheel. The main thing for me was my foot placement on the pedal. I kept having to re-position my foot to get comfortable. I'm thinking of saving up to get cruise control. Good mileage though. With me and 1 passenger @ 70MPH, I got about 37mpg. :thumbsup:

redyaris
07-16-2007, 12:56 PM
The WORST thing on long trips for me is that dead pedal on the left. I need to do surgery on it as others have done here to remove it/shrink it. Even with the driver seat pushed back fully my foot still hits it.

vodkalush
07-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Rochester, Ny to Charlotte, NC; no breaks, total trip time just a lil over 12hrs straight. I could have turned around and drove back if I had too :smile:

Pars
07-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Last week, I did 16hr straight (had lunch and dinner while driving) and 1/4 of the time was spent in inner-city stop-and-go. In the past, my biggest complaint about the long-distance commute was the lack of cruise control, cause my ankle/leg would always get fatigued. This time round, I manage to overcome that hurdle by driving with my left foot once I was on the open highway. It worked great, the position actually took some pressure off the right bum cheek and gave me room to stretch the the right leg and work some blood into it. So now, cruise control is no longer tops on my list for add-ons.

eTiMaGo
07-17-2007, 03:11 AM
Last week, I did 16hr straight (had lunch and dinner while driving) and 1/4 of the time was spent in inner-city stop-and-go. In the past, my biggest complaint about the long-distance commute was the lack of cruise control, cause my ankle/leg would always get fatigued. This time round, I manage to overcome that hurdle by driving with my left foot once I was on the open highway. It worked great, the position actually took some pressure off the right bum cheek and gave me room to stretch the the right leg and work some blood into it. So now, cruise control is no longer tops on my list for add-ons.

Hmm that's interesting, and you could even open your door and dangle your foot out to freak out other drivers :biggrin:

Pars
07-17-2007, 05:10 AM
Hmm that's interesting, and you could even open your door and dangle your foot out to freak out other drivers :biggrin:

And have the trooper give you a foot massage when you come to a stop, while your gangster buddy passes the dutchie on the left hand side. :biggrin:

nsmitchell
07-17-2007, 07:53 AM
My 12 hour round trip to "News Joisey" was just fine. My butt didn't get numb or anything.

Edd
07-17-2007, 07:57 AM
I actually got a speeding ticket on that trip, which I proudly keep in my glove compartment. Whenever someone tells me that my car can't run worth a f@ck, I show them the proof. :thumbsup:

And, why is this something to be proud of?

nsmitchell
07-17-2007, 08:09 AM
:laughabove: :laughabove::laughabove:"Pass the dutchie on the left hand side"

Meteorite Man
07-17-2007, 08:22 AM
And, why is this something to be proud of?

I'm sure his isn't proud that he got nicked. He is "pleased" that his Yaris can now "hang" with the big boys. When he gets the ribbing that his car can't get out of it's own way, he has documentation to prove different.

David overcoming Goliath if you will.

Chuck

fnkngrv
07-17-2007, 08:27 AM
I picked mine up in Minnesota and drove 2300 miles to Maine...it was great. The cruise control was a godsend though. I averaged over 42 mpg at roughly 80-85mph most times. Ohio is where I got my best mileage at a little over 46mpg....what is in their gas eh?

tk-421
07-17-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm sure his isn't proud that he got nicked. He is "pleased" that his Yaris can now "hang" with the big boys. When he gets the ribbing that his car can't get out of it's own way, he has documentation to prove different.

David overcoming Goliath if you will.

Chuck

Couldn't have put it any better myself. :biggrin: :clap:

sherryberry
07-17-2007, 05:51 PM
I have yet to take it on a long trip but plan to at least drive 3 hours down to my old college later on in August to see some friends and hang out with them. I am thinking maybe of going to Vegas sometime.. since I've never been there.. Maybe I'll drive there heh.

Meteorite Man
07-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Please tell us you tried "it" once back in college. Also remember, "What Happens in Vegas, Stays In Vegas" until you get back to the forums and fill us all in.

Chuck

sherryberry
07-17-2007, 06:01 PM
What "it" are we talking about?? haha. I want to go to Vegas but at this point in my life, it's gonna be pretty impossible.

johnnyfive
07-17-2007, 06:13 PM
speaking of Vegas, and driving there...i just did, about 4000 miles last week, from milwaukee to vegas, and back.

the wife bitched a little but the ride really wasnt to bad, except for the racoon i hit on the way down...only about 300 miles into the trip in Iowa....drove the rest with only 3/4 of a bumper, and still averaged 37 mpg....

i can live with a little bit of butt discomfort for milage like that :)

sherryberry
07-17-2007, 06:16 PM
speaking of Vegas, and driving there...i just did, about 4000 miles last week, from milwaukee to vegas, and back.

the wife bitched a little but the ride really wasnt to bad, except for the racoon i hit on the way down...only about 300 miles into the trip in Iowa....drove the rest with only 3/4 of a bumper, and still averaged 37 mpg....

i can live with a little bit of butt discomfort for milage like that :)

hope you got a nice butt rub from your wife after that! hahaha.

OxyG3nE
07-17-2007, 06:56 PM
only problem when u are too tall .. 6 feet like me the leg hurt after one hours because its not confortable.. cruise control for long ride in a yaris is something ill need for sure..

contraband831
07-17-2007, 09:27 PM
I drive once a month to LA, CA and back in one day from Merced, CA. It is not that bad and i am a big guy, but no problem's in the yaris and with gas prices so high, i cannot complain. and i usually pack a shit load on merchandise in my car on the way back and my cousin who has had major back surgery has no problems making the trip with me everytime.