PDA

View Full Version : Thump Thump Thump

DollaZo
06-15-2006, 11:59 PM
Sup all

I eventually got my two 12" subs and and amps installed in my Yaris this week. Thanks to everyone at Audiocom in Joondalup for doing such a great job. I have two amps the monoblock under the passengers seat placed above the jack on a board and a 4ch amp under the drivers seat. Under the 4ch amp I also have an LC6 AudioControl which is the high to low level converter + a preamp as I am for now keeping the factory head unit.

Sorry guys no install photos:frown:

johnnyfive
06-16-2006, 01:05 AM
Wow, the Yaris makes 12's look so big..looks more like they should be 15'2 or 18's ;)
but the amp under the seat looks like it fits nice :)

Supa Lao
06-16-2006, 07:06 AM
Looks like a pretty clean install. Now you definitely have no trunk space. 2 12's have to be pretty loud in that little car. I plan to put in only 1 12 when I get my car.

yarislover
06-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Looks like a pretty clean install. Now you definitely have no trunk space. 2 12's have to be pretty loud in that little car. I plan to put in only 1 12 when I get my car.

I agree I only plan on putting two tens with a 5channel amp. That will be plenty loud for my car. As long as you have xover it will be a loud and clean sound.

plushDJ
06-17-2006, 12:30 PM
I wish my amps would fit under the seat. They're in the spare tire well now

DollaZo
06-18-2006, 02:38 AM
I agree I only plan on putting two tens with a 5channel amp. That will be plenty loud for my car. As long as you have xover it will be a loud and clean sound.

At first I was not sure and worried to put two 12" subs in such a small car. After talking to some people I decided to go for it. Im glad that I made the choice because it is clear and very loud but its up to you in the end. I thought that having two 12" subs was goving to vibrate my Yaris but it doesnt at all unless you put it on full bass.

yarislover
06-19-2006, 03:05 PM
At first I was not sure and worried to put two 12" subs in such a small car. After talking to some people I decided to go for it. Im glad that I made the choice because it is clear and very loud but its up to you in the end. I thought that having two 12" subs was goving to vibrate my Yaris but it doesnt at all unless you put it on full bass.

12" subs are a great choice. I am going to hide the entire system with a false floor in the trunk. 12" would stick up to hi. I figure the less people see the safer my system will be.

yarislover
06-19-2006, 03:05 PM
your system does look great by the way

Gnyus
06-19-2006, 03:21 PM
Nice install !
did you have any problem with the amp overheating yet? Is it self cooled by a fan?

DollaZo
06-20-2006, 03:06 AM
Nice install !
did you have any problem with the amp overheating yet? Is it self cooled by a fan?

No, so far dont have any problems in terms of my two amps overheating. I hope it doesnt come to that as I dont have a cooling system. I dont think it has a self cooling fan, but for now im not worried at all as it does not heat up to a point were I have even start to think about it.