PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what warranty coverage is on the paint?

grampi
07-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Just curious to find out if anyone's looked into this considering all the paint problems with the Yaris.

brickhardmeat
07-17-2007, 03:09 PM
take it off the lot and get the whole thing vinyl wrapped

I'm sure the warranty would only cover defective paint if it covers paint at all. Most likely there is a clause excluding cosmetics or something.

In short, I don't know.

slvryaris
07-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Ya i believe it falls under the basic drivetrain/rust/basic stuff. I think i seen it in the back of the manual.

Mead
07-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Yeah 3/36 if it's defective paint.

As for the 'paint problems' I've got 3000 miles and no chips. BUT got a chip on the windshield I guess I'll get that replace being a 'windshield problem' :drool:

PS I got a 1/2 millimeter chip on the plastic headlamp lense... should I replace that too?

sherryberry
07-17-2007, 05:33 PM
When I was buying the yaris they tried to push this one warranty on me for like 800/900 bucks? and then lowered it to 500 bucks. I forgot what it was. But it was basically to cover the paint and they'll do service every 5 years and repaint it and stuff if it gets screwed up and apply something to keep it from all the bad stuff to keep the paint like new. My dad refused it.. and every 5 years to me is a bit lame.

Meteorite Man
07-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Uh oh...I think the Thread Fairy needs to set up a paint forum.

Looks like it'd be a hit with the folks. Falls under, "you get what you paid for".

It's not a scratch, it's a SCAR. That's how I look at it. You'd still date a stripper with a scar, (I know I would). I think I see Brick's hand up too...Waaaayyyy back there in the V.I.P room.

Chuck

sherryberry
07-17-2007, 06:11 PM
eh... I don't think you need it to be a stripper. Just any person with a scar. I got a few scars.. people still date me!

punch
07-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Just curious to find out if anyone's looked into this considering all the paint problems with the Yaris.

paranoid are we...

theres thousands of these on the road, and your going by a few complaints on a website... relax

brickhardmeat
07-17-2007, 06:36 PM
scars are cool, I'm a walking scar

Thotprawsis
07-17-2007, 08:11 PM
I had a Mazda3 and it was scratched in the first month and had stone chips on the hood by the end of that fall. I've had my Yaris for 2000 miles now and no scars yet...knock on wood!
Like everyone is saying if it worries you that much, take some of the money you are saving and get the vinyl treatment and you will still be saving a bundle!