PDA

View Full Version : overworked, underpaid, and time in your yaris

fnkngrv
07-20-2007, 03:55 AM
So anyway I thought that it would be interesting to find out how much time peeps really get to spend in their Yarii. I love my car and if I get the chance to I am out on the road with it. I work around 60-65 hours a week and it has limited me somewhat from truly being able to enjoy the car as I would like...not to mention the family life. I figure I am at about 3-4 hours a week....15 minutes each way of my commute which would add up for most weeks to 150 minutes and then going on small errands to Lowes or Wal-mart or the grocery store...everything else is in walking distance for me.

How many hours a week do you guys/gals figure that you get to spend in your Yaris on a weekly basis?

hasher22
07-20-2007, 04:01 AM
really interesting..........work is fucked....prices going up...wages stay the same..!!

I work 40hours a week fulltime.......im underpaid badly for the work im doin!!!.....boss is fuckin typical cheap mutha fooker, i asked for a raise and i got $5 more added to my bank each week!! I HATE HIM...thats why im quittin in 2 months!! WHOOOO!!!

I spend around 1.5 hours a day in my yaris......40mins to get to work and 40mins back!! I need more powaaaaa!!

yer :)

leowhy
07-20-2007, 04:23 AM
hahahaha...
due to my long working hours, i spend around 30mins per day to & fro between my house & my company...

Nigal
07-20-2007, 05:29 AM
I spend about 20 hours a week in mine. I work as a home health aide and drive anywhere from 400-1,000 miles a week.

Violin
07-20-2007, 06:58 AM
14.423 hours per week in mine.

sambo42xa
07-20-2007, 07:01 AM
3 hours a day in the YARIS aka the "clown car" for my commute!
Weekends, it's the Elecra Glide :thumbsup: !

Finally, it's FRIDAY!:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:

Thotprawsis
07-20-2007, 08:01 AM
Most of the time I average 3-4 hpw. I get to work out of town from time to time and those weeks I will get about 8-15 hpw.

cleong
07-20-2007, 08:56 AM
i drive my car for work. I spend at least 4 hours in the car on most days, some days I drive about 5-6 hours like today. So when I park my car in the evenings I am actually quite glad to finally stop driving. :)

BailOut
07-20-2007, 09:05 AM
I spend about 8 to 10 hours per week in mine. My commute is roughly 1.5 hours per day, with the rest of the time being errands.

eTiMaGo
07-20-2007, 09:15 AM
heheeh I could actually walk or ride a bike to work. I would, but I'd end up really sweaty and stinky, and there's no shower there. So, I usually spend less than 10 minutes in the car, unless I go out somewhere for an errand, which can take 15 minutes, or 2 hours :laugh:

kurokoma-kun
07-20-2007, 09:18 AM
My commute to work is 30-40 mins each way, so that's 5 or 6 hours a week.

But I drive for fun about that same amount or more! :laugh: I don't know where this obsession with cars came from, otherwise I'm more or less a normal girl :iono:

steved
07-20-2007, 09:28 AM
I'm 1 hour to work each way. I average about 12 hours a week.

voodoo22
07-20-2007, 09:39 AM
I spend at least 45 minutes each way in our Yaris on the commute. Thanks to poor drivers it's usually more. 2 hours one way the other day thanks to a tractor trailer that didn't slow down for a merge and over an hour each way the next day because the people around here are literally afraid of rain. I've never seen it, but people here brake for rain! I was passing mercedes, porscheas and BMWs in my econobox going 95-100 because they are afraid of the rain!

kurokoma-kun
07-20-2007, 09:51 AM
I've never seen it, but people here brake for rain!

They brake for rain here too, so it took me 50 mins to get to work today. I leave plenty of room since most have no idea how to brake effectively. What kills me is that the most terrified ones don't even turn their effing lights on! :mad:

nsmitchell
07-20-2007, 10:38 AM
I spend about 30 minutes a day round trip to work. Then about another 30 running errands and whatnot.

sherryberry
07-20-2007, 11:37 AM
They brake for rain here too, so it took me 50 mins to get to work today. I leave plenty of room since most have no idea how to brake effectively. What kills me is that the most terrified ones don't even turn their effing lights on! :mad:

They do that here too.. heck even if it's like little tiny rain, they will still brake!

I work 40hours a week fulltime.......im underpaid badly for the work im doin!!!.....boss is fuckin typical cheap mutha fooker, i asked for a raise and i got $5 more added to my bank each week!! I HATE HIM...thats why im quittin in 2 months!! WHOOOO!!!

I'm also extremely underpaid.. I get paid half of what people doing my job does.. heck could be like I only get 1/4 of what they make for all I know now. I'm working on quitting too and right now it takes me about 15-20 minutes to get to work and then I am usually driving about 3 hours or so on the weekend to various places. But once I move out of the house, I'm going to be doing 45 minute one-way commute to work everyday.

bnther36
07-20-2007, 12:31 PM
8 to 12 hours a week. My commute just for work is 30 min each way, but I take classes 3 or 4 days a week and then there is flying lessons on the weekend. All 3 of them are at different ends of the compass; go figure! :cool:

steved
07-20-2007, 12:41 PM
I've never seen it, but people here brake for rain! I was passing mercedes, porscheas and BMWs in my econobox going 95-100 because they are afraid of the rain!

When it rains in Montreal, people seem to forget how to drive.

It raining here now, so I'm sure there is going to be a ton of taffic tonight going home, even though there has been bearly any traffic all week because of the construction holiday.:thumbdown:

death is my gift
07-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Since getting my Yaris I don't let my girlfriend drive us around her in crappy Honda Civic anymore. And, she can't drive a standard. teehee

Pars
07-21-2007, 04:56 AM
Since getting my Yaris I don't let my girlfriend drive us around her in crappy Honda Civic anymore. And, she can't drive a standard. teehee

Same here. Since the Yaris, my Civic Sedan has been sitting out front working on it's flat spot. Initially, I thought the wife would use it as the primary babe car, it turns out that the Yaris does a better job at carting around the new born. Anyone want to buy a 2000 Civic EX-G with less then 100,000km on it?

YarisTom73
07-21-2007, 08:38 AM
15-20 minseach way, each day..so, around a kalf hour to 45 mins a day, unless I can find a reason to drive around longer (hour long trip to the store a half mile away) :thumbsup:

By the way, kickazz avatar, SherryBerry :biggrin:

sherryberry
07-21-2007, 10:50 AM
15-20 minseach way, each day..so, around a kalf hour to 45 mins a day, unless I can find a reason to drive around longer (hour long trip to the store a half mile away) :thumbsup:

By the way, kickazz avatar, SherryBerry :biggrin:

hehe thanks i like it too.. too bad i don't look like that ha.

FJ YHBCR
07-22-2007, 04:04 AM
I spend 3 hours, to & from work and some else driving around the city .

Irishlass
07-22-2007, 12:03 PM
My commuter car makes my 3 mile run in the morning quite comfortable. I did make a 13 hr trip to Indiana and back and it was a very nice trip... Car was great.

ChinoCharles
07-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Well, lets see...

20,000 miles in 13 months, so...
1530 miles per month, or about 50 miles per day.
I work across the street.

I love my car. :biggrin:

fnkngrv
07-23-2007, 05:24 PM
Well, lets see...

I work across the street.

I love my car. :biggrin:

:laughabove:

This is awesome...I didn't think that I would see this much interest in this thread....I mean I just love driving...especially this car....as for the whole pay thing I am making maybe, just maybe half what I would in a city...but I love the peeps I work with and most people in my line of work don't get to touch close the amount of tech that get to :headbang:

ChinoCharles
07-23-2007, 07:18 PM
I don't make shit, but guess what... I just got a call from Toyota. I think I'm going to be working for Toyota in the next couple weeks. Scary, eh? Anyone need a Yaris? :laugh:

brickhardmeat
07-23-2007, 07:25 PM
I love getting mine out on the highway. Driving through the city is like a fucking obstacle course and Im in it morning, noon and night. I have memorized every pothole, bump and crack in the road. I drive the same way 3 times everyday through downtown dallas to uptown to work. It's a 10-15 minute drive and about 25 stop lights.

Anyway I love getting the car out on the highway on the weekends.

Silver Streak S
07-23-2007, 10:39 PM
I spend a total of 15 days a year in my car commuting back and forth to work. That's about 90 minutes a day. I wouldn't mind doing something else with those 15 days.

fnkngrv
07-24-2007, 09:02 PM
I spend a total of 15 days a year in my car commuting back and forth to work. That's about 90 minutes a day. I wouldn't mind doing something else with those 15 days.

interesting way to calculate....you kind of sound like an ad for a plasma TV:thumbsup:

No offense at all by the way...I need to come up with a figure like that myself...but I might get depressed...

naossoan
07-29-2007, 06:14 AM
Depending on how much I travel up island (I live in Victoria BC on Vancouver Island, Canada) It takes me 10 minutes to drive to work. so, 20 minutes 4 days a week plus errands here and there.

I don't really find the Yaris would be a very good road trip car. When I drive up island to my parent's house - about 1.75 hours I just start feeling a bit uncomfortable when I get there. My back starts to ache a bit thats all....

vacantj
08-01-2007, 01:32 AM
I spent about 1 hour each way = 10 hours plus 2 hours to get to my house on the weekends. I love how comfortable the seats are - the other car is a civic si and the seats aren't too comfortable for long trips

seanele
08-02-2007, 01:35 AM
regular 40hrs/week..driving the other car.
wife drive the yaris to work..

weekends..,
i got my chance to spend time with the Yaris...

seanele
08-02-2007, 01:36 AM
regular 40hrs/week..driving the other car.
wife drive the yaris to work..

weekends..,
i got my chance to spend time with the Yaris...

to work..i drove 41 miles each way...:biggrin:

seriousfun
08-02-2007, 12:27 PM
I just put about 1400 miles on my '07 Liftback!

My girlfriend and I took a trip from SoCal to NoCal, with a stop in the Bay Area. I drove about 3/4 of the time (she would have driven more, but I was happy in the Yaris driver's seat).

MPG was a little less than my normal ~50 miles/day commute, normally 36-37 MPG - Yaris efficiency drops off a little above 65 MPH and I didn't want to drive much slower than the speed limit which was 70 MPH much of the way, and with a passenger and luggage I was carrying more weight than normal - but I still averaged about 33-34 MPG US.

I was comfortable in the driver's seat, my surround sound music system kept us entertained, and the car felt safe (if a little noisy) at highway speeds.