PDA

View Full Version : Canadian members.

lappie
02-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Hi guys, i want to buy a Yaris for June and i was wandering if you had any succes dealing the price or AccessToyota is the final price ?
(Excuse my english....:redface: )

swng
02-01-2006, 10:04 PM
Sorry to tell you that I paid sticker price! May be there are luckier members among us.

lappie
02-01-2006, 10:07 PM
Not even have a free option ?

swng
02-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Sorry, no. They could sell practically every Yaris they could get. However, the salesman was "kind enough" to give me a coupon for a free service(oil change, I guess). Don't say I tell you however:wink: , if you know an owner of any Toyota vehicle and if that person refers you to his/her dealership and you eventually buy a Yaris from that dealership, your introducer MAY get some kind of incentive. You or rather your introducer should try asking the dealership questions about that at the earliest possible instance. Promotion methods change from time to time, place to place. No personal responsibility assumed. Just hope this works in Quebec.

yariman
02-01-2006, 10:40 PM
The only dealing you can do is if you have a trade in. You can negotiate the best price possible for your trade which brings down the new car price. Other than that there are no negotiations.

Ziv
02-02-2006, 09:29 AM
Yeah, when I brought mine (in toronto) it's hard to get anythin' out of them. Well, put it this way, the car is still fairly new and their mark up is less than $1000 dollars, which means the margin of what they(dealer) is making is much less than 15%. There is no way you could get much when the dealer makes so little. And yeah, you could try gettin' a few coupon, oil changes, keychain and little stuff. (I got a blanket, ha ha ha) But then, price and feature you are not goin' to juice much out of them.

Scudworm
02-02-2006, 11:38 AM
Hi everyone. I am a proud owner of a 2007 Yaris RS, B Package Blazzing Blue Metallic, automatic. The ETA is end of February or early March. I was able to knock off $1,500 from the final price.
This was my first time buying a car. I found lots of great tips from Edmunds website, http://www.edmunds.com/advice/?tid=edmunds.g.home.header..4.*.

First, I got the dealer invoice price at Car Cost Canada, http://carcostcanada.com. Then I emailed a few dealerships to find out the final price they were going to sell the Yaris. Out of the four dealerships I emailed, I received two replies. The two offers were fairly close but the best offer was $1000 off the final price. I called up Maple Toyota and told them, "I am interested in buying the 2006 Yaris RS, B Package. And I will buy it today. Give me your best offer." The salesperson ask for my final price. I ask for $1,500 off. The salesperson ask for my credit card number to hold $1000 for my deposit, just to show good faith that was seriously buying the car. I waited 10 mins for the salesperson to call back and the deal was done. I was left was to sign the papers.

I bought the car in mid January. I finally got an ETA a week later. I was also happy to hear they were going to give me the 2007 Yaris. But it was being shipped from Japan and I have to wait a month for the car to arrive. The salesperson said the only difference between the 2006 and 2007 was the year and the resale value will be better.

What I noticed about the Maple Toyota dealership was how new and big it was. I found out it was newly built and the biggest dealership in Ontario. I assume I got a great offer because they are trying to build up their customer base.

I looked around and noticed most dealerships had the 2006 Yaris RS w/ AC and 2006 Yaris w/ AC in stock. But no B packages. That is why I have to wait. I am also qaulified for an additional $500 off from the Graduate Rebate Program. The rebate comes directly from Toyota and it cost the dealership nothing. Also, remember the Yaris offers a $100 fuel tax conservation rebate, which is included to the final price of the car. I also paid an addition $75 for new plates.

Good luck shopping.

foober
02-02-2006, 12:45 PM
whats the graduate rebate program. Is that just with canada.

Good go on getting a good price. It'll be that much sweeter after the wait getting your new car. They'll probably have to pry you out of the car the first day you'll want to drive it so much.

Scudworm
02-02-2006, 01:09 PM
In Canada, Toyota offers the Graduate Program. http://www.toyota.ca/cgi-bin/WebObjects/WWW.woa/20/wo/Home.Promotions-ettgXC2H2CdFOh6n5a6Jy0/3.7?fmg%2fpromo%2fp102000e%2ehtml

The US has a similar program, http://www.toyotafinancial.com/finance/college_grads.html.

All car companies have similar promotions.

why?
02-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Yes, and in the USA their are other programs as well. Most Toyota dealerships wll give you a discount for being a AAA member. I think the technical deal is $59 over dealer cost, but I might be wrong on that.

hoahmaru
02-02-2006, 02:35 PM
I just bought a 2007 Polar White Yaris 3D RS B Package in Mid-January and I wasn't able to get any money off the final price because the salesman told me that the car is too high in demand now that it's hard to give customers any discount on the final price. He told me that if I weren't willing to pay the full price his boss could easily sell it to someone else who was willing to pay full price. But I was able to negotiate with the salesman for some extra accessories like replace the standard RS spoiler for the rally style spoiler, an exhaust tip, cigarette burner, and 4 all season mats.

My Yaris came to a total of $21, 039.00 CAD and plus I add the 3M front bumper protector for an extra $388.00 CAD. So final price including everything is $21,427.00 CAD

The sales guy told me that the 2006 models are all sold out now and they will give me the 2007 model. My car will be arriving by the end of March because the sales guy said it is really hard to get Japan to ship a white Yaris to Canada because the Japanese take almost all the white Yaris that are produced. So if you want to buy a Yaris I suggest you order it soon or else it would be a long wait. I can't wait to get mine.

Ziv
02-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Hehe, I got my white Yaris now. I guess the sales is right about white Yaris is hard to come by.....
Did they mentioned anything about differences between 06 and 07? I suppose I got the '06 and I have never heard of '07 unless you are talkin' about the sedan........

hoahmaru
02-02-2006, 02:44 PM
the toyota dealership said I would be getting the 2007 Yaris hatchback because all the 2006 models are sold out. the salesman said there will be no difference in the 06/07 model, if there was a difference it would be some extra stuff, nothing taken away from the 06.

Ziv
02-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Ahh. so that's how it works. ok. thanx. =)

AngryBusDriver
02-04-2006, 01:16 AM
I managed to get $500 knocked of my 3dr. CE with the B package. I told them that the money saved would be put back into options and it worked. Added the rally spoiler, hood deflector and a block heater. I think the fact that I laid out an extra $1,500 for the 200,000km ECP helped a little.

GabL
02-15-2006, 10:34 AM
For Toronto, the car has a 7.25% markup. So do your math in your negotiation! :)

foober
02-15-2006, 11:08 AM
For Toronto, the car has a 7.25% markup. So do your math in your negotiation! :)

How do they get away with marking up the price. Does that have to do with the canadian currency.

Which leads to a question. So who makes up the price stickers that they put on the cars. The dealerships. My weasel dealership says those price stickers come with the car from the factory. So who am I to believe.

why?
02-15-2006, 11:59 AM
The stickers are made up by the national branch of Toyota. They decide the MSRP.

I think by markup he means invoice price to MSRP.

GabL
02-15-2006, 04:48 PM
The stickers are made up by the national branch of Toyota. They decide the MSRP.

I think by markup he means invoice price to MSRP.

YES.

foober
02-15-2006, 05:07 PM
Thanks , I hope its left up to the branch office. Then I can maybe get a fair price.

GabL
02-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Thanks , I hope its left up to the branch office. Then I can maybe get a fair price.

Well, dealers might sell the vehicle less than MSRP, or even higher! It all depends how you bargain with them. There is a guy in this forum able to knock off $1500 for a Yaris RS with Pkg B auto in Toronto in this forum...

swng
02-15-2006, 11:43 PM
Well, dealers might sell the vehicle less than MSRP, or even higher! It all depends how you bargain with them. There is a guy in this forum able to knock off $1500 for a Yaris RS with Pkg B auto in Toronto in this forum...

If I remember correctly, that member bought a 06 car. Had he enquired about 07 models, he might not have been able to get such a big discount. Nevertheless, I still envy his success:wink:.

bigsky2
03-01-2006, 03:13 AM
This is sort of an off-topic reply/question to the Canadian Yaris owners here...

When you purchased your Yaris, and the dealer informed you that you had to wait for the vehicle, did you have to pay for the entire cost of the vehicle (provided that you were going to pay the total cost immediately) before finalizing the sale?

The reason I ask is, I am almost certain I will be purchasing a Yaris in July or August of this year, and I intend to purchase it entirely; no lease or financing.

But my concern is, do I need to pay the total cost to have Toyota commit to ordering my Yaris.

What I'm basically trying to do is ensure that I will *have* my Yaris in July/August instead of going to purchase one at that time and end up waiting a month or two for it to be ready for me :iono:

jcove
03-01-2006, 07:21 AM
I received a little off (can't remember the exact, but I think it was between 500 - 1,000), plus I was able to get 3 free oil changes. I felt it was a fair deal, so even though i may have been able to get better, I was happy with what I got. Most dealers were not willing to budge, but I bought mine back in November so that could be one thing. If you're leasing or buying through Toyota credit(not sure of the actual name) they should be able to give you a better interest rate, which will save you some money, but that's only if you were going through them to start with. Most banks will give you a better rate I think.

My dealer, Ken Shaw, in Toronto was great. They had a new Toyota car owner night that they give us a full tour of the dealer ship and we received a free paint repair marker just for showing up. After the tour they split us up into different groups, depending on what car you purchased and gave us a quick run down on where things were. It was very interesting and most people learned a lot. I have to admit, I didn't really pay attention before that, to see where the jack is. It's under the driver seat.

why?
03-01-2006, 09:15 AM
This is sort of an off-topic reply/question to the Canadian Yaris owners here...

When you purchased your Yaris, and the dealer informed you that you had to wait for the vehicle, did you have to pay for the entire cost of the vehicle (provided that you were going to pay the total cost immediately) before finalizing the sale?

The reason I ask is, I am almost certain I will be purchasing a Yaris in July or August of this year, and I intend to purchase it entirely; no lease or financing.

But my concern is, do I need to pay the total cost to have Toyota commit to ordering my Yaris.

What I'm basically trying to do is ensure that I will *have* my Yaris in July/August instead of going to purchase one at that time and end up waiting a month or two for it to be ready for me :iono:

Most dealers only require a deposit to order a vehicle for you. Usually it is around $1000.

Remember, if you want it, chances are someone else will buy it if you don't.

kumquat
03-01-2006, 05:19 PM
In mid-February, I put down a $500 deposit for my Yaris that should be arriving mid- to late March. I'm going to be leasing - I don't know if it would be different if you were to buy.

swng
03-01-2006, 08:39 PM
I received a little off (can't remember the exact, but I think it was between 500 - 1,000), plus I was able to get 3 free oil changes. I felt it was a fair deal, so even though i may have been able to get better, I was happy with what I got. Most dealers were not willing to budge, but I bought mine back in November so that could be one thing. If you're leasing or buying through Toyota credit(not sure of the actual name) they should be able to give you a better interest rate, which will save you some money, but that's only if you were going through them to start with. Most banks will give you a better rate I think.

My dealer, Ken Shaw, in Toronto was great. They had a new Toyota car owner night that they give us a full tour of the dealer ship and we received a free paint repair marker just for showing up. After the tour they split us up into different groups, depending on what car you purchased and gave us a quick run down on where things were. It was very interesting and most people learned a lot. I have to admit, I didn't really pay attention before that, to see where the jack is. It's under the driver seat.

You have chosen a good dealership. I bought my Yaris in B.C. in late 2004. I had only one free oil change coupon and nothing else. I am really interested in knowing how good your paint repair marker is.

Regarding the $1,000 deposit, I remember I was told at the time of paying that it was refundable if later I chose not to buy because you know what, Toyota was never worried about selling the car that I did not want.

LAHAL
03-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Sup guys, you know i could be totally wrong, but i think over half the people in this forum come from western canada, mostly alberta and bc, wonder why.

Could it be the the car get off in vancouver and are sold out by the time they hit calgary, haha.

Anyways, always a pleasure,

where is everyone from, Calgary here

jcove
03-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Sup guys, you know i could be totally wrong, but i think over half the people in this forum come from western canada, mostly alberta and bc, wonder why.

Could it be the the car get off in vancouver and are sold out by the time they hit calgary, haha.

Brampton, Ontario:burnrubber:

Ziv
03-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Brampton, Ontario:burnrubber:

Toronto, Ontario

john
03-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Caledonia Ontario

bigsky2
03-02-2006, 05:32 PM

Vancouver, BC
Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics :wink:

bigsky2
03-02-2006, 05:37 PM
OK, so I spoke to a dealer in Richmond and Burnaby (Vancouver suburbs) and they advised that if a 2006 model of my liking is not available, then a 2007 model will be produced at the factory level. In fact he said most vehicles being sold now are 2007's, because most of the 2006 models imported for 'off the lot' sales have gone very fast!

I explained to them that I wanted to have my Yaris ready by about Mid July to August, and they informed me that it would be best to place an order in May or June. One sales person explained to me that orders placed in May are typically manufactured in June, and the transit time from factory to Vancouver is about 18-21 days (which is correct since I import goods on full container loads from China and it takes about that amount of time from China CY to Vancouver CY).

He went on to explain that to secure that vehicle, I would have to place a deposit of $1000 dollars with Toyota. Furthermore, he explained that I could even defer receipt or delivery of the vehicle should the vehicle be ready earlier than August (or your desired date).

Now my question is, since I intend to purchase the vehicle using a one time cash payment, do I have an leverage in asking for extras or accessories with the vehicle?

celica girl
03-02-2006, 06:28 PM
OK, so I spoke to a dealer in Richmond and Burnaby (Vancouver suburbs) and they advised that if a 2006 model of my liking is not available, then a 2007 model will be produced at the factory level. In fact he said most vehicles being sold now are 2007's, because most of the 2006 models imported for 'off the lot' sales have gone very fast!

I explained to them that I wanted to have my Yaris ready by about Mid July to August, and they informed me that it would be best to place an order in May or June. One sales person explained to me that orders placed in May are typically manufactured in June, and the transit time from factory to Vancouver is about 18-21 days (which is correct since I import goods on full container loads from China and it takes about that amount of time from China CY to Vancouver CY).

He went on to explain that to secure that vehicle, I would have to place a deposit of $1000 dollars with Toyota. Furthermore, he explained that I could even defer receipt or delivery of the vehicle should the vehicle be ready earlier than August (or your desired date).

Now my question is, since I intend to purchase the vehicle using a one time cash payment, do I have an leverage in asking for extras or accessories with the vehicle?

I don't see why not... money is money. I am getting my own financing for my Yaris and I was able to negotiate for a few extras. Including lifetime free oil changes. :)

LAHAL
03-02-2006, 08:41 PM
So good news, bad news and good news.

Good news, is that i went into the dealership today to get them to match my financing of 5.4%@60 that i put in mid jan, to the new 3.9%@60 that they have on right now for Toyota Red Tag days.

Now the bad news, the Yaris with 6 disk CD changer, (standard on the RS) can not have the dealer installed iPod connector. It just doesn't work with the cd changer, the dealer said. So sadly, i longer have an iPod connector in my Yaris.

Good news, dealer said that he car was in transit, some where over the pacific ocean, and once the car hits vancouver, it gets put on a train, and 1 day later i have my NEW Yaris. EXCITING

kumquat
03-02-2006, 11:35 PM
I wonder if this is the shipment of 2007s that is supposed to arrive after March 15. I hope my Yaris is on that boat! LAHAL, did your dealer give you a date when the shipment would be arriving in Vancouver?

swng
03-02-2006, 11:54 PM
I waited two months to get my Yaris in late 2005. I can understand the anxiety guys. I wish you all will find the wait worthwhile.

LAHAL
03-03-2006, 12:01 AM
He said, on the record 2 weeks, off the record, he expects it this week in calgary, so should be in vancouver anytime now. U can go to your dealer and ask him the progress, tomorow i'm gonna get the serial number so i can get my insurance set up and my plates ready.

ange008
03-06-2006, 04:25 PM
I get my new 2007 Yaris 5dr with package B on or around March 15th. I am so excited!:headbang: I'm getting an imobilizer and tinted windows put in as well. I really wanted the ipod interface, but by the sounds of it, the 6 disc is not compatible. That really sucks :evil: , but what can you do. I really can't complain, I do get to listen to up to 6 mp3 disks at once. That will last for any roadtrip! Does anyone have an Absolute Red Yaris? That's what i am getting, but I've never seen the colour... my first choice was silver.
So, is it really that easy to get stuff free from the dealership? Cause I am going all out buying this car: package B, tinted windows, imobilizer, 84/200,000 ECP, large cargo box, ipod interface if I can.
How do I go about negotiating for some free stuff, I am a first time buyer:iono: .
Thanks guys!

foober
03-06-2006, 06:31 PM
I get my new 2007 Yaris 5dr with package B on or around March 15th. I am so excited!:headbang: I'm getting an imobilizer and tinted windows put in as well. I really wanted the ipod interface, but by the sounds of it, the 6 disc is not compatible. That really sucks :evil: , but what can you do. I really can't complain, I do get to listen to up to 6 mp3 disks at once. That will last for any roadtrip! Does anyone have an Absolute Red Yaris? That's what i am getting, but I've never seen the colour... my first choice was silver.
So, is it really that easy to get stuff free from the dealership? Cause I am going all out buying this car: package B, tinted windows, imobilizer, 84/200,000 ECP, large cargo box, ipod interface if I can.
How do I go about negotiating for some free stuff, I am a first time buyer:iono: .
Thanks guys!

congrats, did your dealer say for sure that you'd be getting it on the 15th. Mine here in montana is still in the dark when they'll get here.

swng
03-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Thanks guys!
Welcome and congratulations!
All I have been able to get is a coupon for a free oil change. Some members have gotten more. BTW, my RS also has a stereo that can handle MP3 but I am too lazy to burn one. Are there MP3 discs in record stalls for sale?

why?
03-07-2006, 09:08 AM
No. The audio industry stays away from putting their music out in an MP3 format.

You have to go online to Napster or the Apple I-Pod store to get music in an MP3 format.

Or you could record it yourself to your computer. I currently have almost my entire music collection recorded onto my computer. It is much easier then looking for cd's.

pegcityrs
03-07-2006, 02:19 PM
I work at a Toyota Store in Winnipeg. You can haggle on a 2006 Yaris, 2007 will be out in a month. If you have any luck finding a Yaris HB in the color you want chances are you might have to take 2-3 color choices. The problem is that the dealers are having a inventory problem trying to supply the general demand. If you owned a business and you had the best product in the world, and it was selling like crazy, why would you want to give away profit from your product. I know some people might get mad with this reply but its what's happening right now. Just thank god we don't all drive GM's. Cheers !

PEGCITY RS

swng
03-07-2006, 05:55 PM
No. The audio industry stays away from putting their music out in an MP3 format.

You have to go online to Napster or the Apple I-Pod store to get music in an MP3 format.

Or you could record it yourself to your computer. I currently have almost my entire music collection recorded onto my computer. It is much easier then looking for cd's.
Thanks why? I wish I had your computer skills:redface:. For the time being, I will try to stay happy with just CDs.

ange008
03-08-2006, 12:14 PM
congrats, did your dealer say for sure that you'd be getting it on the 15th. Mine here in montana is still in the dark when they'll get here.
Well, my dealer said between the 12th and the 17th of March. At the beginning he made me feel as though I might not get one, so i went in with my boyfriend and he finally told me I would have one for sure. He's not sure which colour, but I will have a new car come next week!:thumbsup:

foober
03-08-2006, 01:01 PM
Well, my dealer said between the 12th and the 17th of March. At the beginning he made me feel as though I might not get one, so i went in with my boyfriend and he finally told me I would have one for sure. He's not sure which colour, but I will have a new car come next week!:thumbsup:

I phoned the seattle , portland and spokane toyota dealerships and they weren't sure when they'd be allocated their yaris's. They thought around the first week of April. Yesterday the guy i talked to thought it would be available in spokane in two weeks.

So basically its up in the air when it will really arrive to the the northwest u.s.a..

Mad Munchkin
03-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Hey everyone...I just ordered my 2007 silver 5-dr + B pckg last Thursday and my dealer has promised to call me within the next 10 days with my car's ETA. He made a guess and said he thought it would be mid to late April and that mine would be on the first shipment of 07s over here (Western Canada) but I'll keep you all posted since it sounds like there's a few of us eagerly awaiting that first boat!:thumbup:

Also, when I put down my 1000 deposit I asked him if he could get me any "comps" meaning complimentary options...he kind of looked at me funny then said, "I can try...what were you interested in?" To which I answered with a list of three items. He said the dealership will generally comp ONE item if you ask but usually not more than that. I told him that if they covered the two most expensive (front sill protectors and all season mats for a total of about 170.00), then I'd buy the third (rear bumper protector about 60.00). He went away for about 10 minutes then returned to tell me it was a deal. Not a HUGE amount for free but it made me feel better! So don't be afraid to give it a shot if you're thinking of ordering soon!:biggrin:

hoahmaru
03-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Hey everyone...I just ordered my 2007 silver 5-dr + B pckg last Thursday and my dealer has promised to call me within the next 10 days with my car's ETA. He made a guess and said he thought it would be mid to late April and that mine would be on the first shipment of 07s over here (Western Canada) but I'll keep you all posted since it sounds like there's a few of us eagerly awaiting that first boat!:thumbup:

Also, when I put down my 1000 deposit I asked him if he could get me any "comps" meaning complimentary options...he kind of looked at me funny then said, "I can try...what were you interested in?" To which I answered with a list of three items. He said the dealership will generally comp ONE item if you ask but usually not more than that. I told him that if they covered the two most expensive (front sill protectors and all season mats for a total of about 170.00), then I'd buy the third (rear bumper protector about 60.00). He went away for about 10 minutes then returned to tell me it was a deal. Not a HUGE amount for free but it made me feel better! So don't be afraid to give it a shot if you're thinking of ordering soon!:biggrin:

My Polar White Yaris RS Package B is arriving on the 14th of March and it's a 2007 model. I think the sales guy you dealt with is just saying your car is the "first shipment" to Western Canada just to get you excited, and plus I was able to get a rally style spoiler, exhaust tip, lighter input for free. If you don't mind can I ask which dealer ship you went to? I bought mine at Country Hills Toyota and their the best selling dealer ship in Southern Alberta so they will get shipments faster than anyother dealership in Southern Alberta.

ange008
03-09-2006, 03:48 PM
I'd really like to know whether or not I will be able to use the ipod interface with the 6disc changer. It's not a big deal, but my dealer doesn't know yet and some people say it doesn't.
Are there any other ways of setting up my ipod nano to use in my new '07 yaris.
Also, does anyone know what size the speakers are in the yaris 5door rs model. I'll probably end up buying better ones than the the car comes with. any susggestions?

GabL
03-09-2006, 04:50 PM
I'd really like to know whether or not I will be able to use the ipod interface with the 6disc changer. It's not a big deal, but my dealer doesn't know yet and some people say it doesn't.
Are there any other ways of setting up my ipod nano to use in my new '07 yaris.
Also, does anyone know what size the speakers are in the yaris 5door rs model. I'll probably end up buying better ones than the the car comes with. any susggestions?

There are lots of aftermarket toys for the iPod to connect to the car audio, my friend has the iTrip, it works with FM frequency, so you can tune to certain FM frequency and listen to your iPod.

ange008
03-09-2006, 05:02 PM
There are lots of aftermarket toys for the iPod to connect to the car audio, my friend has the iTrip, it works with FM frequency, so you can tune to certain FM frequency and listen to your iPod.
Will the iTrip work with my nano?

LAHAL
03-09-2006, 09:40 PM
YAY, my car is here, it arrived today. I'm gonna go in tomorow to do all the paper work, and if there is time, get my car tomorow, if not, i will pick it up saturday, YAY

GabL
03-10-2006, 09:06 AM

Well, I don't really know, since I don't use iPod myself! :biggrin:

You'll have to go to FutureStore or even Apple Store to find out.

GabL
03-10-2006, 09:07 AM
YAY, my car is here, it arrived today. I'm gonna go in tomorow to do all the paper work, and if there is time, get my car tomorow, if not, i will pick it up saturday, YAY

Congrads!! What color did you get?

LAHAL
03-10-2006, 02:32 PM
5 Dr Yaris RS Package B, Pearl Sand Black, Centre Arm Rest, and the Lowering Kit, didn't go with the Rally spoiler cause once i saw the pic from the back of the car, its not really that nice. Now i just need to get some 18 inch wheels, and change the ugly silver stereo to something black that matchs the interior of the car, and that connects to my ipod, and i'm set for the summer.

swng
03-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Congratulations LAHAL! Enjoy!

LAHAL
03-11-2006, 12:40 AM
Gracias

LAHAL
03-11-2006, 12:41 AM
anyone know a good place to get 17 or 18 inch rims in calgary, that has good prices?

sumik
03-11-2006, 01:31 AM
Hey guys, new here.
I went to check out the Yaris today for my girl, but after seeing it and test driving I think I'm gonna get myself one too :D Car is sweet and my dealership can send it out to their aftermarket shop to get Leathers installed, all seats and doors for $1500 and also sunroof for i guess $1000-1500 so with those options available I defenietly see myself getting one pretty soon

LAHAL
03-11-2006, 01:36 AM
can some one confirm that the wheels on the yaris are 4/100. Because i'm about to buy some 18 x 7.5" and i want them to fit. So can some one confirm this for me, thanks in advance.

why?
03-11-2006, 10:50 AM

The problem with FM modulators is the sound quality is simply not as good. I had one for a cd player and it sounded like a radio station.

hoahmaru
03-11-2006, 09:18 PM
So good news, bad news and good news.

Good news, is that i went into the dealership today to get them to match my financing of 5.4%@60 that i put in mid jan, to the new 3.9%@60 that they have on right now for Toyota Red Tag days.

Now the bad news, the Yaris with 6 disk CD changer, (standard on the RS) can not have the dealer installed iPod connector. It just doesn't work with the cd changer, the dealer said. So sadly, i longer have an iPod connector in my Yaris.

Good news, dealer said that he car was in transit, some where over the pacific ocean, and once the car hits vancouver, it gets put on a train, and 1 day later i have my NEW Yaris. EXCITING

Hey LAHAL,
I just wanted to know which Toyota dealership you bought your Yaris from? I bought mine at Country Hills Toyota at 5.4%@60 months and I called them today to try to get the 3.9%@60 month but they said they couldn't give it to me because mine is a 2007 Yaris. I ordered mine at about the same time you did and it is still not here yet, I hope it will come around next week. Can you tell me how you were able to make the dealership match the financing interest rate? Thanx.

LAHAL
03-12-2006, 04:17 AM
Hey Hoahmary, just tell them that when you put your order in, it was for a 2006 model and if they want to upgrade in to a 2007 thats fine, but you want the financing for the 2006 model, cause thats what your order was for.

P.S. I picked up my Yaris today, WICKED little car, got alot of looks at the car when i parked it at the stampede ground for the auto show. I felt special hehe.

LAHAL
03-12-2006, 04:23 AM
oh one more thing, my yaris came with a speedometer and the RPM one to, i think its called the Techometer, but i could be wrong.

LAHAL
03-12-2006, 04:24 AM
i will post pictures soon

hoahmaru
03-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Thanx LAHAL. I will call them again on monday to talk to them again.

hoahmaru
03-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Hey LAHAL,
can you tell me which toyota dealership you bought your Yaris from?

LAHAL
03-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Stampede Toyota on 32 ave NE

celica girl
03-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Stampede Toyota on 32 ave NE

I spoke to my salesman at Country Hills Toyota and he figures that mine won't be here for another 3 weeks. :(

hoahmaru
03-13-2006, 01:14 PM
I spoke to my salesman at Country Hills Toyota and he figures that mine won't be here for another 3 weeks. :(

Hey celica girl,

I bought my yaris at Country Hills Toyota too. I just wanted to know if finance your Yaris or not? and if you did were u able to get the Reg Tag interest rate of 3.9% on the Yaris?

celica girl
03-13-2006, 01:51 PM
I got my own financing from the Bank. I was not aware that there was the Red Tag promotion going on. I guess I missed out as well. I assume that I wouldn't have been able to get it because I specifically ordered a 2007.

Mad Munchkin
03-14-2006, 08:00 AM
My Polar White Yaris RS Package B is arriving on the 14th of March and it's a 2007 model. I think the sales guy you dealt with is just saying your car is the "first shipment" to Western Canada just to get you excited, and plus I was able to get a rally style spoiler, exhaust tip, lighter input for free. If you don't mind can I ask which dealer ship you went to? I bought mine at Country Hills Toyota and their the best selling dealer ship in Southern Alberta so they will get shipments faster than anyother dealership in Southern Alberta.

Weeeelllll...I also went to Country Hills!! Interesting. Since today IS March 14 YEEHAW good for you. Enjoy.:headbang:

Mad Munchkin
03-14-2006, 08:11 AM
I got my own financing from the Bank. I was not aware that there was the Red Tag promotion going on. I guess I missed out as well. I assume that I wouldn't have been able to get it because I specifically ordered a 2007.
Hey celicagirl
I guess I'm in the same canoe as you. I also special-ordered an '07 and can't get the 3.9% financing. So you're through Country Hills too, huh? And they told you three weeks; hopefully mine's in that shipment.

hoahmaru
03-14-2006, 12:40 PM

Hey celica girl,

When did you order your Yaris?

celica girl
03-14-2006, 04:00 PM
I ordered mine in mid January. I think it was on the 20th. When I spoke to my salesman yesterday he said they still had not recieved a build date for my car. He told me that it usually takes 3 weeks after they get the build date for the car to arrive. Are you getting yours today for sure? I'm sad now... I want my yaris!!!

ange008
03-14-2006, 04:05 PM
I just got the call, my '07 yaris is at the dealership and ready for pickup tomorrow! I am so excited, this is my first car... I used to drive my boyfriend's car.

celica girl
03-14-2006, 04:12 PM
Congrats!!! What colour did you get?

hoahmaru
03-14-2006, 04:29 PM
I ordered mine in mid January. I think it was on the 20th. When I spoke to my salesman yesterday he said they still had not recieved a build date for my car. He told me that it usually takes 3 weeks after they get the build date for the car to arrive. Are you getting yours today for sure? I'm sad now... I want my yaris!!!

I ordered mine on January 9th, and I called the sales manager last week and he said that my car was originally suppose to come at the beginning of next month but my time got moved up to March 14. so I'am really hoping they call me today or tomorrow. Haven't heard from them yet, kinda having doubts now. Anyways, I'll keep you updated.

celica girl
03-14-2006, 04:32 PM
I hope you get yours today! You should call them :P

ange008
03-14-2006, 04:49 PM
Congrats!!! What colour did you get?
My first choice was silver, but I couldn't get it. So I got my second choice...red!

hoahmaru
03-14-2006, 04:54 PM
I just called my salesguy at Country Hills Toyota and he said he had called Toyota Canada and they said that the first shipment of the 07's should be clearing through customs in Vancouver this week and then the cars will be shpped out. Of course BC customers will get theirs first then it will be the rest of Canada. So no luck for me today. Who knows, your Yaris might be on there as well celica girl.

hoahmaru
03-14-2006, 04:55 PM
My first choice was silver, but I couldn't get it. So I got my second choice...red!
How come you couldn't get silver? Was the waiting time too long?

celica girl
03-14-2006, 05:20 PM
I just called my salesguy at Country Hills Toyota and he said he had called Toyota Canada and they said that the first shipment of the 07's should be clearing through customs in Vancouver this week and then the cars will be shpped out. Of course BC customers will get theirs first then it will be the rest of Canada. So no luck for me today. Who knows, your Yaris might be on there as well celica girl.

Thank you for looking into that. :)

Sp33dY
03-14-2006, 05:59 PM
07's ??? Dont u mean 06???

celica girl
03-14-2006, 06:37 PM
07's ??? Dont u mean 06???

Nope... they are 2007 models.

ange008
03-15-2006, 12:47 PM
How come you couldn't get silver? Was the waiting time too long?
Well, I need a car ASAP, and they said I couldn't get a silver in this shipment. I'm totally ok with red tho. My dealer said the way it works is they get more cars based on their sales. He also said its hard to get a lot of different colours. I'm sure I could have got a silver if I waited, but I'm not THAT stuck on silver, as you can see I am getting a red. So excited...9 hours until I pick up my car!!!:wub:

hoahmaru
03-15-2006, 01:30 PM
Well, I need a car ASAP, and they said I couldn't get a silver in this shipment. I'm totally ok with red tho. My dealer said the way it works is they get more cars based on their sales. He also said its hard to get a lot of different colours. I'm sure I could have got a silver if I waited, but I'm not THAT stuck on silver, as you can see I am getting a red. So excited...9 hours until I pick up my car!!!:wub:

Yea the only color I wanted was the Polar White color and the salesguy said I would have to wait about 2 months to get that color because it is the hardest color to get for the Yaris. You know the saying, "good things come to those who wait". But I really can't wait anymore, I'am so anxious to get the car because the weather is starting to get better here in Calgary and I really want to drive my Yaris and start to buy accessories for it. I'am expecting the car to come in this week along with the 07 shipments. Congrats on getting your Yaris.

celica girl
03-15-2006, 03:54 PM
Yea the only color I wanted was the Polar White color and the salesguy said I would have to wait about 2 months to get that color because it is the hardest color to get for the Yaris. You know the saying, "good things come to those who wait". But I really can't wait anymore, I'am so anxious to get the car because the weather is starting to get better here in Calgary and I really want to drive my Yaris and start to buy accessories for it. I'am expecting the car to come in this week along with the 07 shipments. Congrats on getting your Yaris.

I know how you feel! My celica has been parked since October of last year and I've been dying to drive it! I guess the hardest thing for me will be deciding which car to drive once the yaris arrives and all the gravel has been cleared off the roads!

Hoahmaru - Did you get the 3m bra for your car? I'm thinking about getting it but haven't decided yet.

hoahmaru
03-15-2006, 04:32 PM
I know how you feel! My celica has been parked since October of last year and I've been dying to drive it! I guess the hardest thing for me will be deciding which car to drive once the yaris arrives and all the gravel has been cleared off the roads!

Hoahmaru - Did you get the 3m bra for your car? I'm thinking about getting it but haven't decided yet.

I was debating about it when I was ordering the car because Toyota does the 3M for $388 plus GST, so I thought that was pretty expensive but then I thought the Yaris would be my first new car that I will be buying by myself and because of that I'm gonna really want to take care of the car. So I decided the 3M is worth buying. I don't really like the hood deflector, do you? I'am gonna try to get a deal with the dealership because I will be buying a few of the accessories from them, hopefully they will give me a discount.

Extra accessories that I want are:
3m hood protector, the exhaust tip, interior lighter outlet (I don't smoke, but I like to charge my phone in the car sometime), tinted windows, and the rally style spoiler.

celica girl
03-15-2006, 05:51 PM
I am trying to decide between the hood deflector and the 3m but I'll probably go with the 3m. I also got the arm rest and rear bumper protector.

*Update*
Country Hills Toyota got their first shipment of 2007 vehicles today. Only one Yaris (a blue one) but they are supposed to be getting a second shipment of 2007 cars tonight.

Keep your fingers crossed!

ange008
03-15-2006, 05:56 PM
I was debating about it when I was ordering the car because Toyota does the 3M for $388 plus GST, so I thought that was pretty expensive but then I thought the Yaris would be my first new car that I will be buying by myself and because of that I'm gonna really want to take care of the car. So I decided the 3M is worth buying. I don't really like the hood deflector, do you? I'am gonna try to get a deal with the dealership because I will be buying a few of the accessories from them, hopefully they will give me a discount.

Extra accessories that I want are:
3m hood protector, the exhaust tip, interior lighter outlet (I don't smoke, but I like to charge my phone in the car sometime), tinted windows, and the rally style spoiler.
You won't need to get the interior lighter outlet to be able to charge your phone. The car will come with the outlet already. Purchasing the interior lighter means purchasing the "lighter" and "ashtray" for smokers. For no extra charge you already have the outlet.
I can't see the cars being different in Calgary than in Vancouver, so I'll say it is safe to assume you will also have the outlet just as I do... without purchasing the smokers package.
I hope I've saved you some money!

hoahmaru
03-15-2006, 06:16 PM
You won't need to get the interior lighter outlet to be able to charge your phone. The car will come with the outlet already. Purchasing the interior lighter means purchasing the "lighter" and "ashtray" for smokers. For no extra charge you already have the outlet.
I can't see the cars being different in Calgary than in Vancouver, so I'll say it is safe to assume you will also have the outlet just as I do... without purchasing the smokers package.
I hope I've saved you some money!

Thanx for that info ange008. I was wondering why the Yaris didn;t come with an outlet, now I know why. How is your new Yaris? Please take some pictures and post it up.

hoahmaru
03-15-2006, 06:18 PM
I am trying to decide between the hood deflector and the 3m but I'll probably go with the 3m. I also got the arm rest and rear bumper protector.

*Update*
Country Hills Toyota got their first shipment of 2007 vehicles today. Only one Yaris (a blue one) but they are supposed to be getting a second shipment of 2007 cars tonight.

Keep your fingers crossed!

WOW that is really exciting news. I'am going crazy waiting for the car to arrive, haha.

foober
03-16-2006, 12:12 AM
WOW that is really exciting news. I'am going crazy waiting for the car to arrive, haha.

Good for you folks in canada. You must have had a faster boat that you got your yaris's quicker.

GabL
03-16-2006, 09:56 AM

What's wrong with the Celica? Or it is winter stored?

Regarding the 3M bra, one thing I was worrying is it will turn yellow after prolong exposure to the sun, esp. in the summer. Since the sample I saw at the body shop, it turned yellow... :thumbdown:

ange008
03-16-2006, 11:35 AM
Thanx for that info ange008. I was wondering why the Yaris didn;t come with an outlet, now I know why. How is your new Yaris? Please take some pictures and post it up.
I love my new Yaris! I just got it last night. I ended up getting the red, which was my second choice... but after comparing the red with the silver I am so happy that I got red. The silver seems a little dull to me. The Yaris is such a fun car to drive!
I will take some pics and post them next week. I am out of town this weekend, but I will definitely have some up by next week!
Ciao

hoahmaru
03-16-2006, 12:27 PM

Regarding the 3M bra, one thing I was worrying is it will turn yellow after prolong exposure to the sun, esp. in the summer. Since the sample I saw at the body shop, it turned yellow... :thumbdown:

Do you know if Toyota has a warranty to cover the 3M bra if it is installed?

celica girl
03-16-2006, 01:58 PM

I stored it for the winter :)

I don't believe that there is a warranty against the bra turning yellow.

hoahmaru
03-16-2006, 03:29 PM

I don't believe that there is a warranty against the bra turning yellow.

Celica girl, any new *updates* from Country Hills?

GabL
03-16-2006, 03:59 PM

Too low for the snow? haha!

Actually this brings up another question for the Yaris in winter, what snow tires people use on their Yaris (if any)? I feel the stock Potenza is a bit slippery on snow... or I'm corning too fast? :tongue:

celica girl
03-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Celica girl, any new *updates* from Country Hills?

They were supposed to call me today. Nothing yet. I will probably call them around 4.

Yeah the celica is pretty low. Plus the gravel on the road was doing major damage to my front bumper.

As far as winter tires go I hear that the Michelin Artic Alpin tires are really good. I had blizzacks before and they weren't bad but didn't last me long. I hated the potenza's on ice when I first got my celica. You are better off getting winter tires.
:)

celica girl
03-16-2006, 05:08 PM
I just found out that there is a 5 year warranty on the 3m bra. I'm going to order it. :)

hoahmaru
03-16-2006, 05:23 PM
I just found out that there is a 5 year warranty on the 3m bra. I'm going to order it. :)

wow 5 years, that's pretty good. I'am definitely getting it for sure.

celica girl
03-16-2006, 05:31 PM
Oh an the ETA on my Yaris is April 3rd... :(

hoahmaru
03-16-2006, 06:13 PM

did you ask them if any more 2007 shipments came in?
April 3rd is not too long, only another 2 weeks.

Mad Munchkin
03-16-2006, 08:57 PM
Hey celica girl, yours is coming through Country Hills Toyota right? And it's coming April 3rd? Did you have to phone to find that out cause my sales guy was supposed to phone me by today with my delivery date but hasn't yet??!!:frown:Congrats by the way! April 3'll be here in no time!:headbang:

celica girl
03-17-2006, 01:09 PM
Yup, Country Hills Toyota! Everyone is so nice there. I had to call my sales guy to ask about the arrival date. So if you don't hear from your guy just give him a quick call.

If you need parts talk to Tony! He's super nice!

Mad Munchkin
03-17-2006, 05:22 PM
Yup, Country Hills Toyota! Everyone is so nice there. I had to call my sales guy to ask about the arrival date. So if you don't hear from your guy just give him a quick call.

If you need parts talk to Tony! He's super nice!
Well I took your advice since i still hadn't heard today and found out my sales guy isn't even there anymore...he moved back to Saskatchewan within the last 2 weeks:eek: Sooooo I talked to another guy who seemed a bit vague on my file and took about four hours to get back to me. He said my car would be another 6 to 8 weeks:barf: I'm trying not to feel suspicious since he seemed nice but I feel like I was lost in whatever "Days of Our Lives" episode played out over there. He's promised me he'll call me as soon as the delivery date comes up on their system. Don't know when that'll be, but the math seems to add up since I ordered silver and someone else on this forum said the wait was quite long for silver. I'm very sad right now...:brokenheart:

Thanks for the heads up on Tony in parts, I'll be sure to look him up!

hoahmaru
03-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Well I took your advice since i still hadn't heard today and found out my sales guy isn't even there anymore...he moved back to Saskatchewan within the last 2 weeks:eek: Sooooo I talked to another guy who seemed a bit vague on my file and took about four hours to get back to me. He said my car would be another 6 to 8 weeks:barf: I'm trying not to feel suspicious since he seemed nice but I feel like I was lost in whatever "Days of Our Lives" episode played out over there. He's promised me he'll call me as soon as the delivery date comes up on their system. Don't know when that'll be, but the math seems to add up since I ordered silver and someone else on this forum said the wait was quite long for silver. I'm very sad right now...:brokenheart:

Thanks for the heads up on Tony in parts, I'll be sure to look him up!

Hi Mad Munchkin,

I know how you feel. I've waited for a little over 9 weeks now for a polar white one. My ETA is suppose to be March 14th, but it hasn't showed up yet. Hopefully it will come in this weekend or early next week. *corssing my fingers*

Mad Munchkin
03-17-2006, 07:04 PM
Hey hoahmaru! We can be depressed together! LOL. I did hear that polar white was the hardest color to get but it does look awesome. I almost ordered the white until I heard that availability was scarce so opted for the more available silver...apparently just as hard to get. Oh well. Are you also a Country Hills customer? Any idea on a good sales person over there? ANYONE?

hoahmaru
03-17-2006, 08:10 PM
Hey hoahmaru! We can be depressed together! LOL. I did hear that polar white was the hardest color to get but it does look awesome. I almost ordered the white until I heard that availability was scarce so opted for the more available silver...apparently just as hard to get. Oh well. Are you also a Country Hills customer? Any idea on a good sales person over there? ANYONE?

My salesguy is Dominic Chui. He is a friend of one of my good friends so that is why I went to him. He couldn't get me any discount of the price of the Yaris because it is such a hot item right now, but he said he can try to get me some discounts on some accessories. I'am going to meet him on this coming monday to get all the acessories picked out so when the car comes in they can have those accessories installed and I can pick the Yaris up ASAP. The sales manager said they are expecting my car to come in anyday now. Dominic is a really nice guy, you can call and ask for him if you want.

Mad Munchkin
03-17-2006, 11:25 PM
Thanks very much for that, hoahmaru. I appreciate that.

hoahmaru
03-19-2006, 02:16 AM
Thanks very much for that, hoahmaru. I appreciate that.

no problem, just trying to help out a fellow Yaris lover.

Ziv
03-20-2006, 11:07 AM
For those of you in Ontario. I wonder if you guys received the new manual yet? I have recieved them last friday. If you have yet to received it, contact your dealer.

*New manual is nothing much new just towing weight is wrong on the old one or somethin'*

celica girl
03-20-2006, 01:05 PM
My salesguy is Dominic Chui. He is a friend of one of my good friends so that is why I went to him. He couldn't get me any discount of the price of the Yaris because it is such a hot item right now, but he said he can try to get me some discounts on some accessories. I'am going to meet him on this coming monday to get all the acessories picked out so when the car comes in they can have those accessories installed and I can pick the Yaris up ASAP. The sales manager said they are expecting my car to come in anyday now. Dominic is a really nice guy, you can call and ask for him if you want.

Quick question about the quote you got on the 3M Bra... was it $388 for the hood and bumper?

Thanks!

hoahmaru
03-20-2006, 01:57 PM
Quick question about the quote you got on the 3M Bra... was it $388 for the hood and bumper?

Thanks!

To my knowledge it is $388 for the hood and bumper. It was on one of the display model and I saw the sticker price included $388 for the 3M bra and when I examined the model I saw that the 3M covered the hood and bumper as well. Iám not too sure if it covers the 2 side mirrors, but Iám going to check today when I meet with the salesguy to choose my accessories. I will inform you as soon as I get the information.

celica girl
03-20-2006, 02:10 PM
To my knowledge it is $388 for the hood and bumper. It was on one of the display model and I saw the sticker price included $388 for the 3M bra and when I examined the model I saw that the 3M covered the hood and bumper as well. Iám not too sure if it covers the 2 side mirrors, but Iám going to check today when I meet with the salesguy to choose my accessories. I will inform you as soon as I get the information.

Thanks!! :)

echo_hrs
03-20-2006, 04:33 PM
The 3M Clear Hood Film is worth every penny. It's never yellowed on me, can also be waxed with the rest of the car...

I had it on both my Echo Hatchbacks, and I am having it put on my Yaris RS as well...

I've always had it directly installed through a 3M Trimline installer for less than Toyota charges (around 200 bux)....

The plastic hood deflectors, in my experience cause as much damage as they are meant to prevent, end up rubbing the hood, and creating corrosion where the clips attach..

Cheers

celica girl
03-20-2006, 06:00 PM
The 3M Clear Hood Film is worth every penny. It's never yellowed on me, can also be waxed with the rest of the car...

I had it on both my Echo Hatchbacks, and I am having it put on my Yaris RS as well...

I've always had it directly installed through a 3M Trimline installer for less than Toyota charges (around 200 bux)....

The plastic hood deflectors, in my experience cause as much damage as they are meant to prevent, end up rubbing the hood, and creating corrosion where the clips attach..

Cheers

So you paid $200 to have the hood and front bumper done? That's a steal! I should go to 3m trimline!

hoahmaru
03-21-2006, 12:03 AM
Hey everyone, My Yaris arrived today and I went to get the accessroies all picked out. I will be picking the car up on this coming Wednesday night. I can't wait to pick it up.

Celica Girl,
I talked to the salesguy and he said the 3M bra only covers the hood and the sides mirrors and not the front bumper. The hood and side mirror 3M will cost $388 + GST, and if you want to do the bumper as well it will cost an extra $450 + GST. Total for hood + side mirrors + ftont bumper = $838 + GST (CAN).

I ended up not getting the 3M bra because my initial thought was that the
3M bra covered the hood and front bumper for $388 + GST, but it only covers the hood. I thought that was kind of a rip off because the Yaris hood is very small compare to other cars, the hood is about 2 times smaller than the hood. So I thought it wasn't worth the money getting the 3M done at Toyota. I will try to find an aftermarket 3M bra. Toyota's accessories is too expensive in my opinion.

The salesguy also told me that the rally style spoiler cannot be added on to the RS Yaris because they already have a spoiler in place and if you removed the old spoiler there will be two holes that will not fit the rally style spoiler holes. So you will end up having 4 holes in your Yaris. Maybe that is why the rally style spoiler is not an option accessories for the RS Yaris and only for the LE or CE Yaris. But he also said that it hasn't been done yet at Country Hills Toyota so they are not absolutly sure. He also said the Toyota is not willing to exchange the Standard spoiler for the rally style spoiler, you would have to purchase them separately, which would mean that I would have an extra spoiler lying around collecting dust.

The only accessories I got from Toyota is tinited windows, which was also very expensive ($399 CAN), the salesguy gave it to me for $350, not too big of a difference. I also got the exhaust tip for full price.

Echo hrs,
Can you tell me which company you will be getting your 3M bra from and if they have a store in Calgary because I would definitely do the 3M for $200. Thanx.

I ended up pretty disappointed with the extra accessories, but I'am happy that I'am getting my Yaris in two days.

hoahmaru
03-21-2006, 12:49 AM
Oh yea, I will also be posting pics on the "Member's Ride" and "Official Polar White" threads as soon as the weather gets nice in Calgary so that I can take some pictures, maybe this weekend, I hope.

as400g33k
03-21-2006, 02:16 AM
cool... grats on getting your ride!

Mad Munchkin
03-21-2006, 08:39 AM
Congrats hoahmaru!!! Too bad about your accessories but glad you're only a day away from driving your car!

celica girl
03-21-2006, 09:40 AM
Congrats on getting your ride so soon!!! I can't wait to see pictures!

The company that hrs is talking about is 3M Trimline. You can look them up on www.superpages.ca.

That sucks about your accessories. If you haven't paid for your tint already I would also shop around. It shouldn't cost $350 to do 3 windows. Check out places like Icon Tint, Shadow Tint and I believe that 3M Trimline also does tinting... Maybe you can get a deal for both the windows and 3m bra.

hoahmaru
03-21-2006, 03:16 PM
cool... grats on getting your ride!

Thanx!

hoahmaru
03-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Congrats hoahmaru!!! Too bad about your accessories but glad you're only a day away from driving your car!

Thanx!

hoahmaru
03-21-2006, 03:21 PM
Congrats on getting your ride so soon!!! I can't wait to see pictures!

The company that hrs is talking about is 3M Trimline. You can look them up on www.superpages.ca.

That sucks about your accessories. If you haven't paid for your tint already I would also shop around. It shouldn't cost $350 to do 3 windows. Check out places like Icon Tint, Shadow Tint and I believe that 3M Trimline also does tinting... Maybe you can get a deal for both the windows and 3m bra.

Thanx!

I think it might be too late for the tinted windows, their probably done putting it on already. The tinted windows from toyota comes with their 5 year warranty I think, so that should be ok. But thanx for the suggestions, I will look into the 3M trimline company for sure because I really want the 3M bra, but not at over $800 for the whole set. Are you still planning on getting the 3M done at toyota? What color did you order for you Yaris?

NickNickNick
03-21-2006, 05:01 PM
I had my windows tinted for free as part of my package...incredibly awesome thing to have, but 350$ is outrageous.

foober
03-21-2006, 06:41 PM
whats fun reading about the canadian yaris owners is they're actually getting them. LUcky ducks. :thumbup:

ange008
03-22-2006, 11:42 AM
I am so loving my new Yaris. The red is so nice, even though it was my second choice colour it probably should have been my first choice. Life is GOOD!

celica girl
03-22-2006, 02:40 PM
I ordered a Copper Orange Mica Yaris. I definitely won't be paying $800+ for the 3M bra... that's outrageous!

Mad Munchkin
03-22-2006, 05:03 PM
I ordered a Copper Orange Mica Yaris. I definitely won't be paying $800+ for the 3M bra... that's outrageous!
No doubt!:thumbdown: I also said NO to the Toyota "protection package' - did anyone order it? The one where they stain'seal your upholstery and spray the underside with some spaceage soundproofing material, etc, etc. I thought the fact that every item in the package was 388.00 was a little too coincidental AND since it would have been almost 10% of the car price, I decided not to bother.

swng
03-22-2006, 06:31 PM
I did not buy that package either. I used the money saved to buy the immobilizer, the auto dim rear view mirror with compass and the centre arm rest.

YARISinWHITE
03-22-2006, 09:08 PM
I just bought a 2007 Polar White Yaris 3D RS B Package in Mid-January and I wasn't able to get any money off the final price because the salesman told me that the car is too high in demand now that it's hard to give customers any discount on the final price. He told me that if I weren't willing to pay the full price his boss could easily sell it to someone else who was willing to pay full price. But I was able to negotiate with the salesman for some extra accessories like replace the standard RS spoiler for the rally style spoiler, an exhaust tip, cigarette burner, and 4 all season mats.

My Yaris came to a total of $21, 039.00 CAD and plus I add the 3M front bumper protector for an extra $388.00 CAD. So final price including everything is $21,427.00 CAD

The sales guy told me that the 2006 models are all sold out now and they will give me the 2007 model. My car will be arriving by the end of March because the sales guy said it is really hard to get Japan to ship a white Yaris to Canada because the Japanese take almost all the white Yaris that are produced. So if you want to buy a Yaris I suggest you order it soon or else it would be a long wait. I can't wait to get mine.

I bought mine 07 RS package B 5 doors for $21,500 included tax, $500 loyalty discount & $500 graduate rebate.

hoahmaru
03-23-2006, 01:00 AM
I picked up my Yaris today and I'am so happy. The car looks so cute and the RS looks very stylish with the side skirt and spoiler. I'am really glad I bought this car, the handling is amzing for such a small car. The new style cabin feels so secure that even if you are going 100 km/h you don't even feel it going that fast. The one thing I advise everyone who is getting a Yaris is to get their windows tinted, either from toyota or aftermarket because it makes such a huge difference in the way the car looks. I hope everyone on this forum who is waiting for a Yaris to get theirs soon because then you can actually feel for yourself how amazing this car is.

Pics will be coming soon, hopefully this weekend. I love the smell of new cars:-)

hoahmaru
03-23-2006, 01:04 AM
I bought mine 07 RS package B 5 doors for $21,500 included tax, $500 loyalty discount & $500 graduate rebate.

wow you got a good deal, which dealership did you go to?
The salesguy gave me the life time free oil change, the paint chip repair, and the emergency roadside assistant kit (i'am not sure if that is mandatory or an extra accessories.

YARISinWHITE
03-23-2006, 09:13 PM
The salesguy gave me the life time free oil change, the paint chip repair, and the emergency roadside assistant kit (i'am not sure if that is mandatory or an extra accessories.

Henniger Toyota. And I forgot to mention, my Yaris is Auto as well.

swng
03-23-2006, 09:59 PM

Really interested in knowing more about the paint chip repairer. Is that a pen like device?
As for the roadside assistance kit, I think it is probably not mandatory. I am in Canada too but I do not have one:redface:.

hoahmaru
03-23-2006, 11:33 PM
Really interested in knowing more about the paint chip repairer. Is that a pen like device?
As for the roadside assistance kit, I think it is probably not mandatory. I am in Canada too but I do not have one:redface:.

I'am not too sure how the paint chip repair looks like yet. The saleguys he has to order it for me because they don't have the polar white color in stock. When Ireceive it I will tell you about it.

YARISinWHITE
03-23-2006, 11:35 PM
I'am not too sure how the paint chip repair looks like yet. The saleguys he has to order it for me because they don't have the polar white color in stock. When Ireceive it I will tell you about it.

It is a pen-like touch-up...

swng
03-24-2006, 12:52 AM
Thank you very much guys! Happy motoring!

hoahmaru
03-24-2006, 01:06 AM
this is a question for Yaris RS owners, or Yaris owners who have keyless entry.

I just got my Yaris and I notice that the keyless entry remote only unlocks the driver side door and not the passenger side or the trunk door. If I want to unlock the passenger side door I have to use the driver side unlock button. I just wanted to know if that is how the keyless entry is suppose to work or is there a defict in the programming of my keyless entry? I thought the keyless entry would unlock every door, not only the driver side door. It is kind of annoying to have to open the door and unlock the pasenger side door.

swng
03-24-2006, 01:58 AM
Please try clicking the button on the remote twice consecutively. This is for your protection. You can choose to open only the driver side door or all the doors.

hoahmaru
03-24-2006, 02:15 AM
Please try clicking the button on the remote twice consecutively. This is for your protection. You can choose to open only the driver side door or all the doors.

haha I just went to try it, it works. I'am such a novice at this, all the other vehicles that I've own with keyless entry unlock all doors at once. Thanx swng.

swng
03-24-2006, 02:34 AM
You are very welcome!

echo_hrs
03-24-2006, 08:50 AM
Nobody does this, but I actually read through the entire owners manual when I take delivery of a car so I am aware of any little details that I might not otherwise know....

hoahmaru
03-24-2006, 11:47 AM
it's the second day of owning a new Yaris and there is problem with it already. The engine does not start at all. It is not the battery problem because I tried charging it already. I'am waiting for the tow truck now to bring it to the dealership. They are going to hear from me for this if they don't compensate me with something.

Ziv
03-24-2006, 01:53 PM
it that a '07 model? I never heard any of that from our '06.

hoahmaru
03-24-2006, 02:11 PM
I just got back from the dealership, they said it was just a electrical glitch. It was fixed pretty quick.

ange008
03-24-2006, 02:13 PM
I have the keyless entry and immobilizer with my Yaris RS. Does anyone know why the seperate remote from the key will not lock the doors? It unlocks the doors and deactivates the immobilizer, but it only sets the immobilizer without locking the doors. I have to use my keyless remote on my key to lock the doors. I find this odd since my boyfriend's honda locks and unlocks while setting the immobilizer all with his remote.
My spare set of keys does not have the keyless entry on the key, so my boyfriend always has to lock the doors from inside the car before getting out. It's annoying. Why did they do this? It just causes confusion! I left my car unlocked for 2 days because of it!

swng
03-25-2006, 03:48 PM
Hi Angela! Probably your immobilizer is a dealer installed aftermarket item. Therefore, may be only those members who use or know about the same brand can comment. As for me, I use the factory keyless system plus an aftermarket immobilizer. There has been no problem this far. The only drawback is I have only one key with remote buttons(supplied by Toyota), so I have to let my wife enjoy the convenience and I use the old style mechanical key myself.
Anyhow, I think your case deserves some enquiries with the dealership which has installed the system for you. I guess you are protected by the warranty that should have come with your system.

swng
03-25-2006, 05:05 PM
Nobody does this, but I actually read through the entire owners manual when I take delivery of a car so I am aware of any little details that I might not otherwise know....
A very good idea! I do more or less the same. But I have only done it cursorily because the manual is so thick. Moreover, Toyota has just sent me a new manual because the old one has a mistake on the page about towing capacity(overstated?):frown:. Fortunately I don't tow.
I would certainly recommend to fellow members to read the manual.

yariman
03-26-2006, 12:00 AM
Hey Angela, Your new remote should lock the doors. Get in touch with the dealer and see what they say. I can no longer use the original keyless key remote with the new alarm/immobilizer as it conflicts with the new setup. However I got two new remotes from the dealer with the system.

hoahmaru
03-26-2006, 12:02 AM
I have another question to ask....

the electric cord for my Yaris is sticking out at the bottom of the front bumper grill and it seems to be stuck there. I just want to know if it is possible to hide the electric cord inside the hood because I don't want it sticking out? The electric cord is stuck in between the grill holes, and I want to move it to another place but I don't know if it is suppose to be there or not. I've looked at some of the pics posted and none of the Yaris, even Canadian ones, have the electric cord sticking out for cold weather outplugs.

why?
03-27-2006, 09:49 AM
That sounds odd. Can you take a pic of it and post it?

celica girl
03-27-2006, 10:55 AM
I have another question to ask....

the electric cord for my Yaris is sticking out at the bottom of the front bumper grill and it seems to be stuck there. I just want to know if it is possible to hide the electric cord inside the hood because I don't want it sticking out? The electric cord is stuck in between the grill holes, and I want to move it to another place but I don't know if it is suppose to be there or not. I've looked at some of the pics posted and none of the Yaris, even Canadian ones, have the electric cord sticking out for cold weather outplugs.

It's just the cord for your block heater. You can move it to any place that you want to. On my celica (since I don't drive it in the winter) I pulled out the cord completely.

hoahmaru
03-27-2006, 01:45 PM
It's just the cord for your block heater. You can move it to any place that you want to. On my celica (since I don't drive it in the winter) I pulled out the cord completely.

Is the block heater an extra accessorie on the Yaris because I don't think I ordered one when I bought the Yaris. I think I saw that it was ab extra accessorie for $100 or something on the Toyota website.

celica girl
03-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Is the block heater an extra accessorie on the Yaris because I don't think I ordered one when I bought the Yaris. I think I saw that it was ab extra accessorie for $100 or something on the Toyota website.

The block heater comes standard on most vehicles. Even though it's just an accessory I don't think you have a choice on whether you want it or not.

LAHAL
03-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Block heater is mandatory in canada

hoahmaru
03-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Hey celica girl,

I will be getting the 3M put on my Yaris on Thursday. It will cost me 550 CAN (not including tax but I got them to take off the GST because I'am gonna pay them cash) for them to wrap the whole front bumper + hood + side mirrors. I'am getting it done at High Line Auto Custom, and they have a 5 year warrany and life-time install warranty on 3M bras. I called to 3M Trimline and they quoted me at $750 CAN + GST for the whole kit, I thought that was too expensive.

celica girl
03-28-2006, 11:11 AM
That's awesome Hoahmaru!!! I still haven't decided if I am getting it or not but I will let you know if I do. How are you enjoying your Yaris? Have you posted pictures yet???

Oh... btw... My Yaris is now in Vancouver!!! Should be here this time next week!

hoahmaru
03-28-2006, 11:49 AM
That's awesome Hoahmaru!!! I still haven't decided if I am getting it or not but I will let you know if I do. How are you enjoying your Yaris? Have you posted pictures yet???

Oh... btw... My Yaris is now in Vancouver!!! Should be here this time next week!

I'am enjoying the Yaris alot. I can say that I'am in love with the car :-). I'm kind of a clean freak sometimes so I always wipe the interior bottom at night if I drove someone that day. So far I think it is a wicked car, it only has 106 hp but it is really quick and comfy to drive. For me I realy like the high seating, it makes me feel a little more safe when driving. I'am still a bit cautious to drive on highways right now because I haven't put the 3M on yet. All of my friends really like the car, they think it is such a good looking car for the price. I have a friend who now wants to trade in her 2003 civic for the Yaris, she seems to like it more and more everytime she sits in it. Congrats on getting your Yaris next week, after you get it you'll know exactly what i'am talking about. Awsome, awsome car. Oh yea, I will take some pics and post them this week after I clean the car. White gets dirty fast, but I still love the color. Good luck next week.

Ziv
03-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Sweet. ha ha. Another white Yaris driver. Yeah, most of my friends are pretty impressed by it. The only thing I would say is I don't let anybody but my chihuahua sits on the back. They didn't complain, but when you got friends who is 6'2 and sitting in the back isn't exactly comfortable (head room is awesome, it's just leg room). hehe. And of courze, I fit a 36" CRT tv in the back while other sedan can't -- Seats down.

LAHAL
04-05-2006, 01:45 AM
Finally got some pics, here u go guys.

swng
04-05-2006, 04:56 AM
Nice RS, and seems already lowered!
Just curious, what is that green spot on the side mirror(bottom picture)?

jcove
04-05-2006, 12:28 PM
Nice RS, and seems already lowered!
Just curious, what is that green spot on the side mirror(bottom picture)?
It looks like a pop bottle in the holder, maybe sprite/mountain dew/7up?

swng
04-05-2006, 07:47 PM
May be it is, :smile: :smile:.

LAHAL
04-06-2006, 12:40 AM
lol, u guys r funny, how u catch that little detail, i dunno no. Its a bottle of mountain dew

swng
04-06-2006, 12:43 AM
Thanks LAHAL. Jcove has sharp eyes.

bigsky2
04-07-2006, 02:58 PM
@LAHAL

Is your Yaris lowered, or is that the stock height?

I can picture myself in your car, because that is what I will be ordering in next week :biggrin:

Yaris RS * Package B
Black Sand Pearl
5 Speed
Drool

LAHAL
04-07-2006, 05:42 PM
hey bigsky2, ya it is lowered, with the dealership lowering kit. I also got them to install a car starter and alarm, and the 3M protection. Then i got the windows tinted on saturday with my own pocket money.

celica girl
04-09-2006, 05:09 PM
I got my yaris yesterday!!!
I love it!

swng
04-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Congratulations!

foober
04-09-2006, 07:25 PM
I love it!

congrats celica girl. We were wondering what happened.

HOws it ride.

I should get mine in possibly 3 weeks. Any recommendations on how i can not think about it till I've actually got it.

why?
04-09-2006, 07:27 PM
I love it!

Another one drives the car.

Cool, have fun with it.

hoahmaru
04-09-2006, 07:35 PM
I love it!

congratulation!!! How do you like it?

as400g33k
04-09-2006, 07:36 PM
grats on getting your car... post pics!

jcove
04-09-2006, 09:33 PM
Thanks LAHAL. Jcove has sharp eyes.

Thanks! I like watching for details in pictures. :thumbup:

bigsky2
04-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Hey all my fellow Canuck Yaris Owners/Enthusiasts:

I finally did it!
I ordered a 2007 Yaris RS, Package B, 5-Speed MT this past weekend.

I specifically requested the Yaris to be available to me in July 2006, so I'm crossing my fingers that the ones currently on order or in transit are not comitted.

If not, it looks like my request will be placed in with the May production line, which is slated to be produced in late May/June and scheduled to arrive during mid-July.

Wish me luck!

Ziv
04-11-2006, 11:07 AM
Good luck, bud.

bigsky2
04-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Good luck, bud.
Thanks buddy :laugh:

I got good news!

It looks like my Yaris is coming to Vancouver during the first week of May!
The dealer informed me that they will hold it for me until I'm ready to take delivery of it.

The hard part is controlling myself from taking it too early... But with this great weather I am not sure if I can hold out so long :eyebulge:

I'll post pics of the car when it gets here, in its plastic wrapped glory.

Ziv
04-13-2006, 10:52 AM
For sure, we love pics! ha ha ha.

Oh I understand the feeling of when you are losing patience. I am sure most of us has been there too.

shtanna
04-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Just got my Yaris on Saturday. Blazing blue metallic, 5dr, Le. I had to wait about 3 weeks for it...........well worth the wait considering those gas prices!

bigsky2
04-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Just got my Yaris on Saturday. Blazing blue metallic, 5dr, Le. I had to wait about 3 weeks for it...........well worth the wait considering those gas prices!

Congratulations!

How's the weather in Ontario now? Good time to be driving a new Yaris?!

Ziv
04-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Dear lord, don't get me started with the weather, I washed my car on monday, it was raining yesterday, then sunny this morning, and now is raining again!!!!

shtanna
04-13-2006, 03:20 PM
Yep, rain sucks.............I'm assuming a shipment of Yaris' came in, because I've seen a lot more on the road for the last two weeks.......(still a somewhat obscure vehicle though)....

Cire
05-01-2006, 10:36 PM
I think it's time to make an update on this thread...

Got mine tonight!!
It's a 3drs CE orange manual. Since I am a student, I had not much money to pay for extras... but even the base model is a great value.

J-KiD
05-02-2006, 02:07 AM
check out the canadian NCP family forum

www.echo-bb.com/forum (http://www.echo-bb.com/forum)

Ziv
05-02-2006, 11:43 AM
I think it's time to make an update on this thread...

Got mine tonight!!
It's a 3drs CE orange manual. Since I am a student, I had not much money to pay for extras... but even the base model is a great value.

Yeah, I remember when I was a student. Any box looking thing with 4 wheels and an engine is all i needed. Congrats on getting your Yaris!!!!

bigsky2
05-03-2006, 04:33 PM
*** UPDATE ***

So initially I thought my vehicle would be arriving in July, but my dealer was able to source a vehicle to my specs that was currently in transit.

It's here now!
I took a look at it yesterday at the storage facility, and it's still in its plastic wrapped state!

Since Vancouver has been getting some awesome weather as of late, I'm VERY tempted to take it asap.

I'll post some photos tonight after I transfer them from my camera.

bigsky2
05-04-2006, 10:55 PM
Hey guys and gals..

Just wanted to show some pics of my car PRE-delivery :drool:

http://members.shaw.ca/johnto/yaris/DSC_2641.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/johnto/yaris/DSC_2642.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/johnto/yaris/DSC_2652.jpg

For more pics, check the directory:

http://members.shaw.ca/johnto/yaris/

I can't wait!!!

Dweeb
05-05-2006, 01:54 AM
^^^ Nice,

I am picking up our's in 7 hours. I think I am gonna go to sleep now.

foober
05-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Thats sweet, the picture of all the yaris's all in a row. If I didn't have my yaris already I'd be drooling over that picture knowing that the larger shipments are arriving of the liftback.

Dweeb
05-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Here is mine, picked it up this morning at 9:15am with 2km on it.
9 hours later, she has 602km. :thumbsup: :eek:
Yup, i did 600km this afternoon :burnrubber: and still have some gas !!

picture was taken on my Razr V3c phone, bad quality.

Dweeb

foober
05-05-2006, 07:01 PM

Dweeb

Way cool, did you take the whole day off to pick it up and drive it around. When I got mine it was late in the afternoon but I still took it out for a 50 mile drive. How do you like it. I love my liftback. It took me about a week to really get comfortable driving it. I was more worried about other crazy drivers than I was when I was driving my older truck. In retrospect I still am worried about other crazy drivers around me when I drive it..:smile:

ricko
05-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Very nice. How did your wife/girlfriend/babe/insignificant other like being in the passenger seat?????
P.S. That's not a bad pic for a cell.

jcove
05-05-2006, 07:34 PM

Dweeb

Who's the cuttie in the car? (no offense btw, just kiddin around)

Dylanby
05-05-2006, 09:32 PM

Dweeb

Hey, that's my car!

Nice! ;) I've got another 16 days & 12 hours to go before mine arrives (could be sooner). Did you get AT or MT? Did you get any other options installed? Was that your first colour choice, or did you give'em a selection of colours?

Dylanby
05-05-2006, 09:46 PM
9 hours later, she has 602km.

That's some tantric "driving". She doesn't look a day over 23km!

j/k

Dweeb
05-05-2006, 10:47 PM
The car is kind of cool, well for what it costs anyway. :biggrin:
Here is my first day impressions:
There are a few things that I like, I don’t like (could improve on), and one that is really bad.

The BAD: :thumbdown:
Going 110km/h or faster on the HWY (I know, speeding = illegal :evil: ), if you open the windows, this HUGE buffeting / wind noise occurs. Really sucks !! None of my other cars even come close to this. Oh well, windows up A/C on! :thumbsup: (funny thing is, my friends Echo doesn’t do it as bad.)

The Could use improvements: :rolleyes:
Seat / seat position: Kind of feel like driving a bus. :confused: Heck I think I am sitting lower in my Durango than in a Yaris. (but that’s fixable, seat modification/lowering is first thing on the list) :thumbup: and NO, I am not 18 and a “ricer” that needs to have his seat reclined all the way back to drive so he looks cool.
The Drive by wire throttle: Great concept, and it works fairly well on most cars, but I am a bit disappointed in the Yaris’ version. :bow: please improve it !!
Handbrake is hard to “pull-up/get to/ release” if you have the centre armrest option installed, and in down position.
The 6CD, MP3 Stereo could be a bite better in the “sound” department, considering this is the “best option” one for this car. :headbang:
Wife doesn’t like feel of the clutch and the position of the shifter. I kind of agree with her on that. ( a bit of a long throw on the shifter, and a bit of a mushy feel to it)

The Good stuff: :thumbsup: :w00t:
I like the looks, Cute and Sexy would be the words for it. Awesome colours !
Best looking out of all the other sub-sub-sub-compacts.:wub:
Drives well, it travels a bit on the HWY at speeds, and when windy. (light, tall car on skinny tires with shorter wheel base) but still thumbs UP.
Power is pretty good. With 106hp, I did a bunch of burnouts, not bad ! Zippy and nimble on normal roads. City traffic is a cinch in this thing, and it actually fits in the “modern” parking spot at a mall.
Handling is ???, I have not had the chance to take it for a real spin yet (twisty roads/track/gravel roads :burnrubber: ) as the wife was in the car all day. I will give the “Dweebs” update soon (if anyone is interested)
Interior is great (except for the height of the driver seat and hand brake / arm rest cushion interference),
I like the layout of all the gauges, cup-holders,…etc.
Roomy, way more space than I expected,
Seat / support are great on this car (5 door RS, liftback)
GREAT fuel economy !! :thumbsup:

Over all - great

- As for other questions, the “babe” in the car is the wife. :thumbup:
- Not worried about the other “crazy drivers” as I am one of those :wink: :rolleyes: too much racing in my blood.
- Got exactly what I ordered – took less than 2 weeks to get it.

Dweeb

Dylanby
05-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Cool notes! Actually the higher seating position is something I liked in the Yaris (as compared to the Fit, etc.). Oh well, personal preference.

ricko
05-05-2006, 11:49 PM
Interesting notes Dweeb. I've had mine ('06 RS) for a month, and can say you will get used to the clutch and seat height. Actually you might consider lowering the car, instead of the seat. I have the TRD lowering springs installed and they take away some of that "micro-van" feel, and tighten up the handling at the same time. The car still rides well, and has the clearance needed for T.O.'s bombed out roads. Enjoy your "Smart...er" car!

Dweeb
05-06-2006, 12:10 AM
^^^ Ah...., it's my head that has the problem - roof.
And the steering wheel in my lap, it’s angle - driving a bus syndrome. ( it’s my wife’s car, so…. :tweetz: )

Let the mods begin.... :bonk: :biggrin:

ricko
05-06-2006, 07:40 AM
What is with all you 6' ++++++ drivers in Toronto????? Been eating the fish out of L. Ontario again. I guess lowering the seats is your only option, unless you go AFTERMARKET$$$$$$$$$.

why?
05-06-2006, 08:53 AM
I agree on the armrest. It is just in the wrong position no matter where it is. If it is down it blocks the shifter and emergency break. If it is up the pointy edge gets me right in the side.

jcove
05-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Interesting notes Dweeb. I've had mine ('06 RS) for a month, and can say you will get used to the clutch and seat height. Actually you might consider lowering the car, instead of the seat. I have the TRD lowering springs installed and they take away some of that "micro-van" feel, and tighten up the handling at the same time. The car still rides well, and has the clearance needed for T.O.'s bombed out roads. Enjoy your "Smart...er" car!

STOP TEASING. I've done too many other "Small" Mods. Could have bought the &^$*%* springs already and I should have. Oh, well. Next week I find out when I get my new exaust and then I'll start the save. BTW, unless you have a friend as a mechanic and/or can do it yourself, I think the best thing to do is get the springs through Toyota. I think in terms of cashflow. By the time you purchase the springs off ebay, have them shipped and then have them installed, you have only saved maybe a few dollars. I think that the Toyota Dealership is going to be the way I go now. That's just my 2 cents though.

jcove
05-06-2006, 11:59 AM
STOP TEASING. I've done too many other "Small" Mods. Could have bought the &^$*%* springs already and I should have. Oh, well. Next week I find out when I get my new exaust and then I'll start the save. BTW, unless you have a friend as a mechanic and/or can do it yourself, I think the best thing to do is get the springs through Toyota. I think in terms of cashflow. By the time you purchase the springs off ebay, have them shipped and then have them installed, you have only saved maybe a few dollars. I think that the Toyota Dealership is going to be the way I go now. That's just my 2 cents though.

Anyone who can prove me wrong in the TO area, please do. I'm just thinking out loud, and haven't decided where to buy my springs......:thumbup:

jcove
05-06-2006, 12:04 PM
What is with all you 6' ++++++ drivers in Toronto????? Been eating the fish out of L. Ontario again. I guess lowering the seats is your only option, unless you go AFTERMARKET$$$$$$$$$.

LMAO, no I still only have 10 fingers and toes, two eyes and one nose, one mouth.... LOL For me it was too many kicks in the arse growing up in Northern Ontario. Seriously though, my whole family(guys) is over 6'3. For me it's all in the legs so I just put the seat back, back not recline with my hat sideways (WTF is with that anyway), lots of leg room and still lots of head room. I kind of like the seat where it is and I'm thinking of just lowing the car!:thumbsup:

ricko
05-06-2006, 02:09 PM
I agree J, the dealer is the way to go. It took just 24hrs from order to installed, and I live up here in ski country. The U.S. prices look good, but by the time you add the conversion, taxes, and shipping, things don't look quite as inexpensive. And you still have to get them installed.

Macel
05-06-2006, 04:08 PM
I highly recommend reading that undercover salesman article on Edmunds. There are lots of neat little things I learned you can do to get the price down... And to get a better commission for the salesperson you are speaking with, so both parties who have any direct say in the final deal are happy.

coolspot
05-06-2006, 05:10 PM
GF just bought a 5DR RS w/ B Package Auto + Rust Proofing + All Season Mats for 23880 on the road.

There is also a 500.00 grad program rebate on top of this price, so 23380.00 OTR.

Geez, some people here got there cars for 21500 :(

LAHAL
05-07-2006, 01:32 AM
i paid about the same as u coospot, i got the 5DR RS B package Manuel, 3M protection, lowering springs, and alarm+car starter. for about 23000 something, plus my 500 dollar grad rebate. which i just to get the windows tinted. :)

contay
06-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Just purchased a 2007 Flint Mica and received it for 4% above dealer cost,plus I got them to throw in the sport pedals and a leather shifter. Love the car especially with 15% tint all the way around.:cool:

David81
06-02-2006, 11:39 AM
Hi Contay,

Me too i got the 2007 Yaris Aero, in white.
Do you think our skirts are a bit too low? Made it hard for me to parallel park, i'm always afraid of dmging the front skirt.

Anyways, my discount was 700 + 500 grad rebate - admin fee or someting + 100 gas credit.

Yaris
06-02-2006, 12:24 PM
GF just bought a 5DR RS w/ B Package Auto + Rust Proofing + All Season Mats for 23880 on the road.

There is also a 500.00 grad program rebate on top of this price, so 23380.00 OTR.

Geez, some people here got there cars for 21500 :(

I bought my '06 5DR RS w/ B Package Auto for $18k, but it might have something to do with my employee discount as I work for TCI.
I also got a free armrest and compass mirror which really sweetened the deal.

Ziv
06-02-2006, 01:45 PM
Congrats guys,

Although, I heard quite some bad things about armrest of where it is located. My friend who work as a tech at Don Valley said armrest is not exact a good thing for the Yaris, it's just doesn't seems to fit for where it is.

Yaris
06-02-2006, 11:21 PM
The armrest makes a huge difference in comfort for both myself and front seat passenger. If it wasn't there I would've stuck a tall cushion between the seats until I would have ordered an armrest, because it is absolutely needed for the huge gap.
In my case, I always drive with my left arm on the steering wheel anyway and have for years. I don't think my right arm even knows how to steer...

hhcchen
06-03-2006, 12:14 AM
damn... you pick the best login name ever...:laugh:

yarisolive
06-04-2006, 08:49 AM
I just bought mt 2007 sedan yaris with D package added hood deflector, cargo liner,block heater,alarm system,cruise control,paint protector,had the seats protected and 10 year rust protection...total cost with with taxes 23 958.42.....I TRIED to get a rabate but no joy....The saleperson answer was Toyota Canada sets the price and there was nothing that could be done.

yarisolive
06-04-2006, 08:58 AM
I encourage everybody from Canada to e-mail Toyota Canada and demand the audio jack installation (so we can also play our i-pods)...just go to toyota.ca....go to "contact us"...

shanks
01-21-2007, 06:39 PM
Yea we need a AUX port. Is there any other way of getting AUX ports without changing your deck, getting the $300+ ipod interface. or using FM transmitters??

uncleyaris
01-21-2007, 10:54 PM
I got jerked aroud a little from my dealership and they have given me $300 to spend in accessories or service. Was wondering about the arm rest, but it looks cheap on line and the colour worries me. Any insist from anyone who has it.

Thanks
UY

Pars
01-22-2007, 12:16 AM
The out-the-door price for my black LE 5dr with B-package was $19500. But, I had to skip out on the rust proofing and extended warranty to get it that low. I don't have the 60/40 split that comes with the RS, but I like the Bench seats, they're well padded and very easy to flip up/down.

Some upgrades on my list is cruise control, summer wheels and winter tires for the stock rims and a 2 din dvd player.

uncleyaris
01-23-2007, 07:41 PM
How's the match on colour to the center Console? THanks by the way for the feedback!
UY

marcus
02-26-2007, 05:33 PM
how much you paid on the road.

Hey LAHAL,
I just wanted to know which Toyota dealership you bought your Yaris from? I bought mine at Country Hills Toyota at 5.4%@60 months and I called them today to try to get the 3.9%@60 month but they said they couldn't give it to me because mine is a 2007 Yaris. I ordered mine at about the same time you did and it is still not here yet, I hope it will come around next week. Can you tell me how you were able to make the dealership match the financing interest rate? Thanx.

marcus
02-28-2007, 12:56 PM
we should have a yaris meet in toronto!!! everyone invited.. When? we dont know yet..hehehe but we really should!

hystria
02-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Hi guys, i want to buy a Yaris for June and i was wandering if you had any succes dealing the price or AccessToyota is the final price ?

toyota gabriel offered the first payement. there was also the 6CD MP3 player in extra at that time

hystria
02-28-2007, 06:21 PM

Dweeb

now that's a unique Yaris. It has the cluster behind the steering wheel :thumbup: :laugh:

uncleyaris
02-28-2007, 07:42 PM
i got my CE 3 dr with Air for 16300 on the road.

hystria
02-28-2007, 08:34 PM
i got my CE 3 dr with Air for 16300 on the road.

plus taxes ?

uncleyaris
02-28-2007, 09:45 PM
plus taxes ?

no taxes in on the road:biggrin:

hystria
03-01-2007, 05:23 PM

chances are I'll sale mine by then, you could save a couple of bucks :wink: