PDA

View Full Version : Seats

yuiedie
07-21-2007, 10:54 PM
I think the issue of the seats in the yaris being uncomfortable was already mentioned, so i'm curious to see if any owners have done anything to make it more comfortable to drive in. no matter how much adjusting i cant seem to get into a comfortable position.

cleong
07-22-2007, 12:58 AM
Anytime you try to take a bend with any sort of speed you would also find yourself having to wedge your leg against the centre console or door pocket,and hang onto the steering wheel, because the seats don't provide enough side bolstering.

hans_fh
07-22-2007, 01:15 AM
The front seats in LB and sedan seem to be different. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

slvryaris
07-22-2007, 02:08 AM
Not for sure. Most of the ppics I have seen are the same seats. I am 6'4" and have no problems except with my back which a friend of mine says the Scions have the same problem. I need more lumbar.

Desertguy
07-22-2007, 07:18 AM
My LB seats are among the best I've ever had and I've had a bunch including Recaros.

Black Yaris
07-22-2007, 12:57 PM
I am not a fan of these seat either, on longer trips..... as someone stated, needs some more lumbar..... but I could use some racing seats for wipping around corners like a mad man

red-jdm
07-22-2007, 01:17 PM
Agree, I could not find a great position either until I changed to the racing seats. I used to find me having leg cramps after getting trapped in a traffic. Now that my sitting position is lowered, my legs are positioned better on the pedals too. Tried to speed round corners and the seats hug really well..

Pars
07-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Anytime you try to take a bend with any sort of speed you would also find yourself having to wedge your leg against the centre console or door pocket,and hang onto the steering wheel, because the seats don't provide enough side bolstering.

The seats on my 5dr LE have good lateral support, but that's assuming your back is wide enough to fill-up the seat. Otherwise, the seats in the RS seems to have better support for most.

kurokoma-kun
07-22-2007, 06:29 PM

EE-YUP! :smile:

smokinyaris
07-22-2007, 06:43 PM
im going to try to install my recaros off my EVO into my YARI........

death is my gift
07-22-2007, 06:50 PM
I totally agree. I really hate my seats. Seriously. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Hatchback but the seats suck so hard. I can't wait until I can replace them. It seems to be the bottom lower part of my back. No matter how I adjust the seat I can not find a comfy spot.

brickhardmeat
07-22-2007, 07:36 PM
Seats are fine to me. I just wish I could lower mine about 3 inches.:cry: