PDA

View Full Version : what materials are good for interior

Duckywitbigfeetz
07-29-2007, 09:39 PM
i am looking to cover all the Grey pieces or plastic with either leather or suede. (maybe microfiber/ fake suede) any one have any insight on previous installs i know suede dosen't stretch so it takes some time to work into the groves with out wrinkles. I'm really interested in leather but ive never worked with it does this material stretch even a little. and yes i can sew interior pieces if needed..

kinda thinking black leather with white stitching on a polar white hatch..

comments please....!!

eTiMaGo
07-30-2007, 03:01 AM
zebra fur :biggrin:

Seriously, go leather if you can afford it, it will be niiice... echo_hrs experimented with this, there's a thread somewhere, try and find it :wink:

ASHRAF
07-30-2007, 04:44 AM
kinda thinking black leather with white stitching on a polar white hatch..

:thumbsup:

redduck
07-31-2007, 12:55 PM
leather doesn't stretch. at all you can steam it and it will be easier to work with. Basically if you come to a complicates curve you have to start making seems.

brickhardmeat
07-31-2007, 01:10 PM
there is a canadian guy here who did his door armrest in leather, looks nice

Turbo&Auto
07-31-2007, 01:11 PM
Suede would be pretty easy to do. The problem is everything kinda goes as a scheme so you would need to cover EVERYTHING.

Duckywitbigfeetz
07-31-2007, 03:11 PM
well yea i was going to do basically all the grey plastic parts and paint little plastic trim peices like a flat black with matte clear coat (lil sheen basically dull would make match leather) remove sun visors and oh $h1T bars making roof look flatter.
so far only peices that look like i might Have to sew will be around handle on grey part of door

here Is a REAL ghetto pic i made on my phone guys hope REDYARIS dosent kill me for using his pic thanks