PDA

View Full Version : Yaris Liftback For Sale - Raleigh, North Carolina

costaricandreams
06-23-2006, 01:28 AM
:burnrubber:

Hi Everyone,

***********We are looking to sell our Yaris Liftback***************

My wife and I just bought a new absolutely red Yaris Liftback with a manual transmission. This little car is super sweet! It's loaded up with the power package, a kick a$$ radio and a split folding rear seat. We have had it for a couple of days now and it has less than 200 mi.

We had to go through a great deal of crap and spent many hours searching inventory lists to get this car. To make a long story short, I showed up at the dealership before they opened and found it parked behind the building. Then we bought it and fell in love with it.

But all things considered, we are not wealthy and would be willing to take a fair markup over MSRP and dealership fees. If you want to have a Yaris Liftback today and not 6 months from now, then email us an offer. Worst case scenario, we will get stuck with a great little automobile.

costaricandreams@hotmail.com
:coolpics:

Fat Felixxx
06-23-2006, 02:39 AM
I think there's a classifieds section.

Idjiit
06-23-2006, 09:16 AM
Now I've seen it all - someone flipping a Yaris?

Idjiit
06-23-2006, 09:18 AM
If this has the power package, where are the alloy wheels?

costaricandreams
06-23-2006, 10:01 AM
There are two power packages for the Yaris.

1.)
PQ Power Package w/Steel Wheels MSRP $1,290.00 Invoice $1,161.00
Includes power windows, power door locks, 15" x 5.5" steel wheels, P185/60R15 tires, rear window defroster, intermittent rear window wiper, 60/40 folding rear seat, AM/FM stereo, single CD player and 4 speakers.

2.)
PP Power Package w/Alloy Wheels MSRP $1,680.00 Invoice $1,473.00
Includes power windows, power door locks, 15" x 5.5" alloy wheels, P185/60R15 tires, rear window defroster, intermittent rear window wiper, 60/40 folding rear seat, AM/FM stereo, single CD player and 4 speakers. NOT AVAILABLE with PQ.

Go to http://www.edmunds.com and build out your ideal yaris.

As you can see, the only difference between the two is the price and wheels. Anyone looking to truly trick-out this little jewel is going to want to slap their own set of fly rims on it. When it comes to rims, aftermarkets can give you more “bling” for your buck.

Idjiit
06-23-2006, 10:39 AM
My mistake.

sroberts
06-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Thats just wrong

Boonespeed
06-24-2006, 12:49 AM
"Now I've seen it all - someone flipping a Yaris?"

LOL!

fred812
06-24-2006, 09:06 AM
Would you take 9K for it?? I guess I would be 2nd or 3rd owner... do you take trades
are you a dealer, lol
F

costaricandreams
06-24-2006, 04:11 PM
No, I'm not a car dealer. You must not have read the part in my first message about "a fair markup." Most car dealers rip off people for a living. Just ask them about dealer holdback and Toyoguard. God forbid I sell this car, I'll have to go back to those sleazebags again to get a new ride. Are you a car dealer? If I were a sleazy car dealer, I would probably leave a message like yours.

And I didn't think about it before, but I guess I am a Yaris flipper. -LoL- Great comment! My family and co-workers had a field day with that one.

Boonespeed
06-24-2006, 04:17 PM
you should write a rap about flippin' Yarii...

bahahahahahahahaha

Blenjar
06-25-2006, 01:52 AM
So why arey ou selling it again?

-- Blen

punch
06-25-2006, 04:22 AM
So why arey ou selling it again?

-- Blen
he's selling it to make a profit!

PSU Yaris
06-26-2006, 12:27 PM
duh!

fred812
06-26-2006, 10:50 PM
Flip this, all I asked is if you were a dealer, if I were a dealer I would ask more stupid questions, and then go back and deal with those sleaz bags again. Yes that's coherent!

im not rich people, Want a slurpee for free..
homer

Ryu
06-27-2006, 01:06 AM
Sorry to say this but if you want to sell this car then I think you may need to sell this car at a used car price cuz it is driven already by other ownership, even the km might be as little as 100 or 200km.

I know you won't because that defeat your purpose so why not keep this nice little car and make extra money somewhere else, just my 2 cent.

costaricandreams
06-27-2006, 07:28 AM
Read my first message about keeping the car. I'd love to keep the car. You don't know the first thing about market conditions down here in the Dirty South. It's nearly impossible to get this car. Especially a latchback with manual transmission. There is a six month wait.

If some professional type making $200.00 per hour wants to buy one for his spoiled little daughter/wife at a markup price just to shut her up, then he can drop another 3k on me and I'll go out and get in line to buy another one.

Go take your two cents and spend them somewhere else, because it’s gonna take a lot more than that to flip' my Yari. Hell, I’m having so much fun with this damn thing, they are going to have to peel my clutching hands off the damn steering wheel, then immediately pass greenbacks into them before I knock um’ out!

****Special Note****
Come with your loot and funny lyrics about flippen' Yari, or don't come at all.

costaricandreams
06-27-2006, 07:32 AM
Uhhhhh... LOL :laughabove:

Idjiit
06-27-2006, 09:10 AM
Dude, it's a Yaris - not a special edition Lotus. Good luck with that.

fred812
06-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Thank God its a Toyota, still a used Toyota and little dirty carpet, So ya thin ai gone bi mi gerl a latch bach USED if I make 330k an hour. Yeah!

Somebody said its not a lotus flower. aaaaaaaahhhhhh
I love yaris!!! Does that come with a coily cord to attach the windshield to the floor or is that a radar detector, and a sharpie to sign "auto" graphs

sroberts
06-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Really costaricandreams, its kinda odd for someone to take the time to buy a new car then all of a sudden say "we are not wealthy" and want to sell it. You shouldn't of bought it in the first place. Doesn't make any sense. :iono: Maybe if you could explain again why you are selling it we wouldn't be so suspect.

Idjiit
06-27-2006, 12:12 PM
He bought it specifically so he could resell it, thinking that he could take advantage of the demand that exists for the car currently. However, I don't think the demand is as great as he suspects and he won't be able to get the sort of markup he was hoping for. As I said, it's not some sort of limited edition car - which is what people usually buy expressly to make a profit. It's a hilarious misjudgement on his behalf. Either he'll end up stuck with the car, or will sell it at a loss. Funny stuff.

stuffy
06-27-2006, 01:28 PM
people were doing that a few years ago with the prius because there was such a demand for the car, but i don't think the yaris is going to rival that demand.

costaricandreams
06-27-2006, 01:38 PM
LoL. If I get stuck with the car, it will be a good thing considering that my last car died just before buying this one. I could always walk to work, or maybe hitch a ride in my wife's car. And sure. I'll throw in the phatty Passport Radar with the deal. I love this stuff. Keep um' comming....

echo_hrs
06-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Why don't you guys stop polluting the thread with opinions, and just let the guy try to sell the car?

Costaricandreams, most of us on this board already have a Yaris, you'd be better off trying to sell it via Auto Trader or similar...

Cheers

fred812
06-28-2006, 10:45 AM
Costa is being a great sport, as we all are having fun.
Easy! echo I hope he does sell it for 5k over list, he only needs one buyer..

Great attitude costa, we really do love ya!

Chris07LB
06-28-2006, 02:30 PM
If some professional type making $200.00 per hour wants to buy one for his spoiled little daughter/wife at a markup price just to shut her up, then he can drop another 3k on me and I'll go out and get in line to buy another one.

Yes, because a Toyota Yaris is exactly what a spoiled brat who's parents makes 6 figures a year would want.

Bad example bud. :tongue: I hear ya though, there is an a$$ for every seat!

Blenjar
06-28-2006, 03:04 PM
I'll buy it..but no more than $7000. Thats my final price.

-- Blen

ceres
06-29-2006, 11:59 AM
I was told a 2 week turn around so I don't know how another area would be a 6 month turn around. Besides, spoiled brats won't drive used cars whether or not it's only 200 miles.

costaricandreams
07-14-2006, 01:13 AM
After talking with a guy by email who wants to buy my Yari, I have decided to share some fun details on how you can cut in line of those who have a security deposit.

First, all dealers will want at least a $500.00 deposit. Make sure you get it in writing they they must give you a full refund if they don't sell you car by a specific time. They are like dogs and want to mark you as being theirs. Use a credit card and give them very specific fully loaded options for what you want. Finding a manual Latchback with a power package should do the trick. There are only 2 in all of the Southeast Toyota's territory right now, as of 07-14-06. Tell them you are unwilling to accept anything without those options and you don't want to order and wait 6 months from Japan. Also tell them you are going to look around and see if you can find another Yari before them. Offer to have them try and get a Yaris transfered to their dealership to sell it to you, if you find another one.

Then start fishing at you local dealerships and get a sales person or two working for you. First go out for a test drive. Hopefully they will have one of the new 4 door sedans available. There are lots of them coming off the boat in Florida. Look the salesperson in the eye and hand them a printout of a Yaris that's located somewhere in Southeast Toyota's inventory. Tell them that if they can get this car you will buy it right now! This will get those greedy fucks going! They are hungry little salespeople looking to pull the carpet out from under anyone out there to make a buck. They will also want a 500.00 deposit. Promise to give it to them but complain about how you have already put down money at the other dealership. Tell them you need to talk with your wife/husband first, but they are at work and you don't want to be spreading cash all over town. They will verify it somehow behind your back. They will keep calling you after they know you are a serious buyer asking for your deposit money to lock you in. They will try and get you to sign a purchase agreement. Don't do it. Keep promising to give a deposit but never budge. Not giving this deposit is going to be the key to landing your Yari of choice, as I'll explain later.

Next you need to learn Southeast Toyota's distributor inventory system. Go to a specific dealer's homepage and search for the Yaris. The list is huge but only the first 3 or so are actually going to arrive at that dealership. You can tell if a car has been allocated from the distributor to the dealership who's web page you entered from by looking at the VIN#. If the VIN # displays fully, and not just the last 4 or so digits on the car you selected. Then you are looking at a car that will arrive to that dealership. Then pay attention to the cars arrival date. You can search for all the dealerships listed and verify their inventory through www.toyota.com. But searching all of them for the specific VIN you want out of the inventory is next to impossible. A dealership will not tell you what other dealer has the car allocated to it, because they want to sell you a car. The car is in such high demand, no dealer will be willing to trade out a manual Yaris Latchback with power right now.

After you spot the Yari you want and have found where its arriving, its time to play the chump card to the dealer. First call the dealership who is getting the car, and let the salesperson you contacted before that you may come out and take a look at it when it arrives. Tell them that its not the one you really want, because it doesn't have all the options; but maybe, just maybe you'll buy it, if it turns out to catch your eye.

Then show up at the hour the dealership opens first thing. Your Yaris will be there waiting for you. It will probably be around back, because its reserved for someone with a security deposit. You have not given a deposit to them yet and they know you already have a deposit at the other dealership. This is where the boss will see another opportunity to make a buck. The Yaris you are looking at has already been reserved by someone with a security deposit at the dealership you don't have one with. The sales people know you are going to buy a car. The only question is, who will it be from? Them or their competition. In the end, they just want to sell as many cars as possible. After all, car salesmen dick people over all day long for a living, and this is just another way for them to screw someone over. Their consciences became desensitized along time ago anyhow. So, they will call the poor sap who put a security deposit on the car and tell him/her there was some problem and it could be another week before the car comes in. After signing a purchase agreement. The salesperson will run outside and snatch the sticker off the window to claim the sale ,and they will speed it around back to have it "detailed" -- away from the eyes of the person on the way to pick up their promised car.

That's right! You got the car and not the person with the deposit because the big fat cat in the back who your salesperson sucks off every 10 min. during negotiations wants to steal his competitors business. All the while the waiting line just gets longer. But not for you. Be prepared to pay MSRP, but hopefully they won't screw you by putting the worthless Toyoguard option on it that drives the price up almost 1k to increase their profit margin before and after the sale with "dealer holdback."

Also get a preapproved finance check from Capital One financing. Then you can mean it when you say that you will buy the car right then, because you can. Then don't tell them how much your APR is from your preapproved loan. They will try and beat it out of you, but don't budge. You can then name your APR and they will scramble to find favors from people to extend the loan to you themselves. There is alot of money to be made in lending. Take one look at www.bankrate.com and pull up an amortization table. Its kinda sad really.

I just feel bad for that girl who came in looking for her Yaris that morning. She looked so sad as they gave her another brochure.

costaricandreams@hotmail.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yo! I don't need no stinken' Ferrari, cause I'm flippen' my Yari. And then I'll get another one and another one and another one..... The tale moves on..... Straight pimpen' .... in my bad ass Yari.... That's a wrap....

Ran Kizama
07-14-2006, 01:39 PM
You don't know the first thing about market conditions down here in the Dirty South. It's nearly impossible to get this car. Especially a latchback with manual transmission. There is a six month wait. Actually, you can have one built in about 6 weeks. Still, the supply of manual liftbacks is slim-to-none. I got the only one in my area even tho it didn't have the power options. I think Toyota Mall of Georgia is getting in two, but they were sold before they even arrived. The demand for the liftbacks is insane.

Good luck with the car. I'll give you a couple hundred bucks to trade powered doors with me. :biggrin:

Jem_hadar
08-21-2006, 12:03 PM
Really costaricandreams, its kinda odd for someone to take the time to buy a new car then all of a sudden say "we are not wealthy" and want to sell it. You shouldn't of bought it in the first place. Doesn't make any sense. :iono: Maybe if you could explain again why you are selling it we wouldn't be so suspect.

WOW - you guys are KILLING me.

Look at all the slack the guy's getting bc he put the offer out there that his Yaris was available, should some one want to pay a premium to get one immediately.

Why all the freaking slack. Harsh - come on ppl. It's nothing sleazy or crazy or inappropriate about that.

Guy bought the car bc he wanted a Yaris, he likes the car. But, hey, since he's patient, he'd have no problem selling it to someone if the price was right, and simply wait on a waiting list for another. To him, the extra few thousand he could make would make it worthwhile to await getting a new ride.

I dont see why everyone needs to flame and be sarcastic with him about this matter. You wouldnt do it - FINE. But fuck, w/ what I've seen the waiting lists are in the US, im sure to someone not financially strapped wouldnt mind paying an extra few/several thousand to avoid having to wait months and months.

If some was really dead set on a Yaris, and could get one immediately for some extra cash, I can see doing, no problem. It's like ppl who bribe bouncers at clubs 20 spots to not have to wait in line, but on a much larger scale. 2,000$ isnt a large some of money to all ppl.

Maybe such ppl wont be found on this forum, but who the hell cares, maybe they will. Therefore, he advertised what he's willing to do to give someone a Yaris IMMEDIATELY for someone who'd be interested.

I dont think he solely bought the car to flip it and is going to be pissed or disappointed that he's "stuck" driving a Yaris, and then decide he'll just sell it at a loss to get rid of it. He wanted the car in the first place, wanting to own a Yaris was why he bought it in the first place, but hey, if he can make 2,000$ say, then he'll go without one for a couple months. In short, a few thousand dollars makes it worth the added hastle and time to go through the whole bloody process all over again.

Jem

ketel0ne
08-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Only 1 hatchback has gone on Ebay, that I know of. It was red at a Dealer in Wisconsin about 2 months ago. It did not meet the reserve which was a tad over sticker. It was way out of the way. Most of the 4 doors have sold on ebay but for sticker or less.

for $69.95 the whole ebay world can be your oyster. Then we can all watch. It is possible you will get over sticker.

costaricandreams
08-31-2006, 07:25 AM
I thought about ebay, but Im keeping my Yari. It's just too fun.

Jem_hadar
08-31-2006, 09:19 PM
I thought about ebay, but Im keeping my Yari. It's just too fun.

*click*click* giddy up! :biggrin:

costaricandreams
02-25-2007, 02:03 AM
This Damn Yari still Turns heads 6 months into it. I even whipped the ass of a Chevrolet Avayo the other day in a drag race. LoL! It's not a pickup, but fuck the crackers, until they blindside me. That would drive me into the grave.
It's a great car and still rollen' on da same clutch after 6K city mi. and one oil change. I just gotta clean the damn dog hair outta it. Whatever Toyota feeds those gerbals under the hood works, cause they pull me about anywhere I want to go. Is there anyone living in the mountains with a Yari? I imagine some place like Fayetteville or Beckley, WV may give the power and MPG a run for its money. Everything has a breaking point and price. Except God, Dios, Allah, etc.

Chris07LB
02-25-2007, 07:41 AM
puff puff give.... puff puff give.... :smoking:

"G"
02-26-2007, 09:57 PM
12k is a fair price.

ChinoCharles
02-26-2007, 11:13 PM
puff puff give.... puff puff give.... :smoking:

I'm gonna sit to the left of Chris now.

Blenjar
02-27-2007, 08:30 AM