PDA

View Full Version : remove dealer emblem...help!

fnkngrv
06-30-2006, 02:34 PM
How does one remove the dealership high speed plastic emblem from the vehicle?

punch
06-30-2006, 05:41 PM
How does one remove the dealership high speed plastic emblem from the vehicle?

uh?? if it an emblem the dealer stuck on advertising there shop, should just peel off (and use a plastic spoon, or popsicle stick), and finally remove residue glue, with a product called goof-off, goo begone etc...

or take the car back to them say you didn't pay for advertising and want it removed at there expense.

Chris07LB
06-30-2006, 06:18 PM
Best way to remove dealer emblems, any emblems for that matter, is to get some fishing string, and start "cutting" thru the adhesive backing behind the emblem.

Follow that up with a little "GooGone" or "WD40" to remove any left over residue. :smile:

pennystocks
06-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Mine just came right off thank god. Now the car maxx on my TA, that was a b1tch. Bought some un-stick in a can at walmart for like $5 and let it sit for a while.

yariman
07-01-2006, 12:07 AM
Let it sit in the sun and warm up. If no sun, heat up with hair dryer or heat gun ( carefully ) then peel off slowly, clean residue with brake clean. Careful if you use goof-off for the residue.

fnkngrv
07-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Thanks for all the advice...I just didn't want to try to peel and then regret it.

fearturtle44
07-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Good luck. I got smart with my last 4 cars and had them not to put on to begin with. I told them I would let them is they paid me $20 for the free advertising. For some reason, they never took me up on it. HA

Kevin

slvryaris
07-01-2006, 07:01 PM
If it is on a brand new car just wait till the sun heats it up and they should peel right off. if it is like thew generic letters just go to the car wash and blow them off. The newer the car and the paint the easier they are to peel off. Well U could always use a heat gun or a blow drier...Just dont keep it on there long cause U will hurt the clear coat.

TRD_Yaris
07-02-2006, 12:51 AM
Let it sit in the sun and warm up. If no sun, heat up with hair dryer or heat gun ( carefully ) then peel off slowly, clean residue with brake clean. Careful if you use goof-off for the residue.

after heating the area with a hair dryer / heatgun you can use DENTAL FLOSS to remove the sticker/emblem. Be careful of trying to "pick off" the emblem because you will MOST likely damage the paint. I can't remember if waxed/unwaxed was preferred, though..but it doesn't really matter.
after removing the sticker, wash the area thoroughly with soap/water. If the old glue doesn't come off, mix in more and more carsoap or trying using Dawn (degreasing elements in it are awesome, but it will strip your wax as well).