PDA

View Full Version : Heading up to canada

nqd
08-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Hey guys me and my buddy wanna take a trip up there b4 school starts.....just curious...whats fun to do up there??? what cities?

uncleyaris
08-19-2007, 12:24 AM
Toronto for sure!!! 3 million people, loads of shit to do, when you planning on coming up?

uncleyaris
08-19-2007, 12:25 AM
about 7hr drive, not bad considering I have drove 18 hrs to mrytlebeach, and 23 to FLA!!!!

Pars
08-19-2007, 06:21 AM
If you can handle the Boston driving, then negotiating downtown Toronto shouldn't be too difficult.

-ON Thursday, Friday and Saturday, the nightlife/clubs are happening over at Richmond ST West. The entire area becomes a zoo, be prepared to pay for parking.

-Sit down Dinner, Danforth Ave (not Rd, West of Pape), you've got outdoor cafe and tons of Greek restaurant.

-several good take-out restaurant are over at Leslieville (Queens ST E / Leslie St). My Favorite take out is Sushi Marche at 1105 Queen ST EAST. Plus, if you continue East along Queens ST, you'll hit the beaches, which is a happening area (for the day/eve)

-During the day, Queen ST West (from around Bathurst to university) is a nice strip with lots of trendy shops.

-For a late breakfast, there's an excellent dim-sum place that about 1/2 price compared to everywhere else. Can't remember the address, but it's on Dundas St West, about 3 blocks east of Spadina and in the same building as the Starbuck on the 2nd floor.

kimona
08-19-2007, 09:51 AM
If you're driving from Boston, it's probably closer to hit Montreal. Visiting Montreal is like taking a European vacation. Lot's of night life, great music, great beer, super pretty girls, warm and friendly locals (just about everyone speaks at least some English), fanastic restaurants of all ethnicities from the cheap to the elegant, don't forget Chinatown, beautiful scenery, plus lots of sporting activities. Oh, and every other car is a Yaris!

eTiMaGo
08-19-2007, 10:49 AM
don't forget to bring back lots of maple syrup, eh?

Pars
08-19-2007, 11:31 AM
don't forget to bring back lots of maple syrup, eh?

And Ice wine.

thebarber
08-20-2007, 09:13 AM
mmm, smog

gta ftw

YANGSTER
08-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Stop in Buffalo get some wings from the Anchor bar, head over to Niagara Falls, pick up some ice wine from the wineyard, head over to the Tdot.

I find the Tourism Board Site (http://www.ontariotravel.net) pretty useful.

RS07
08-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Montreal is the way to go... :wink:

Black Yaris
08-24-2007, 11:21 AM
I have only been to Windor, Toronto, and Niagara Falls..... I vote Toronto, I like bigger cities though

thebarber
08-24-2007, 08:24 PM
dont come up to fredericton, its boring

why is it that you want to come to canada? just for something to do? your dollar isnt too strong....your almost better off going somewhere youve never been in the states....

Sway84
08-24-2007, 10:43 PM
hhaahah damn u should have come up this weeeknd...lol yaris meet in toronto lol

YANGSTER
08-24-2007, 11:02 PM
hhaahah damn u should have come up this weeeknd...lol yaris meet in toronto lol

For real?:eyebulge: where where? who's going?