PDA

View Full Version : Rear Speaker size on Sedan?

fnkngrv
07-02-2006, 12:06 PM
I am not able figure out what size the speakers are...I think 6x9 but several sites I have gone to are not listing the size or replacement for the rear...help please! I am going to be upgrading all 4 speakers and having my 10200 put in next week.

slvryaris
07-02-2006, 01:20 PM
I looked at them and I would say 6x9. i would be careful though cause they look pretty crappy. i would be careful with how much power the new ones call for. It could sound worse.

fnkngrv
07-02-2006, 10:25 PM
Well what I need to have is the 2 front doors, the rear deck, and the tube, but I don't want to change out the head unit. I need some ideas I have not been in the Amp world for a while...do they make amps now with non-powered output for connecting a powered sub?

johnnyfive
07-03-2006, 02:39 AM
Well what I need to have is the 2 front doors, the rear deck, and the tube, but I don't want to change out the head unit. I need some ideas I have not been in the Amp world for a while...do they make amps now with non-powered output for connecting a powered sub?

yes, you would need a speakerlvl to line out converter for the first amp, and then just make sure that that amp has a Pre-amp output to send RCA's to your base tube

and yes, the rear deck is 6x9's