PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts regarding this forum

loafer650
08-29-2007, 11:06 PM
im fairly new to this forum and have been reading all the different posts etc..i notice alot of ppl like to use the terms such as "too ricey" "fart cans" etc.. Give me a break, if the yaris isnt RICE iono what is. dont tell me you want your yaris to sound like a mustang?:clap: I bought this car as a commuter, and only plan on doing cosmetic mods. imho any modification of the yaris being that is for performance or cosmetic will automatically put it in the category of RICE! if you dislike anything RICE buy a ford or chevy!

back in the day our parents would get us hondas and toyotas cuz they were cheap and economical. then people started adding some rice flavor. i remember making air filters with stockings..lol. ricer was a derrogatory term used on ppl who drove 4bangers with whatever mods they could do back in the day..who's laughing now..every1 driving hondas and toyotas now.

that being said, what does rice mean to you?

Black Yaris
08-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Ricer is a derogatory term.... many of us are tuners... much different.... ricers are like Drag Queens of the Homosexual world, over the top, with too much flair, and flashyness.....
And you want to hear my Yaris? A hell of a lot nicer sounding than some mustangs, and I am running a flowmaster.... no rice here

loafer650
08-29-2007, 11:31 PM
i totally agree with you black. there is nothing wrong with modifying just wondering why people would say oh that sounds ricey. to me ricers are those knuckleheads who try to street race anything that moves...

to me those over the top drag queens are just newb ricers and trust me there are alot where i come from.. my neighbor has a stock 97 honda dx with a dual ram air hood scoop?

Black Yaris
08-29-2007, 11:40 PM
Rice
http://www.ricecop.com/gallery.php?make=Honda
Rice
http://www.modenstudios.com/realricers.html
and you might be a ricer if...
http://www.goingfaster.com/spo/you_might_be_a_ricer_if.html

cdmyaris
08-29-2007, 11:53 PM
people call me ricer cause they are just simply jealous....

I have thing to tune any of cars. Right now i have Yaris... So i want to tune its my hobby... well expensive hobby.

Maybe youre just jealous?

Black Yaris
08-29-2007, 11:58 PM
not jealous, of a hugh ricer wing and a rediculous body kit with neon tubes hanging out, and the hood painted flat black to "look" CF... not jealous at all
I drive a clean, low Yaris with a little bit of go.... only thing that would make me happier is more go and low

churp
08-30-2007, 12:55 AM
Rice, by itself, to me means an Asian built/designed car....period. And I don't mean this in any way as a racial/prejudiced comment!!!! I think there are lots of adjectives that mean different things to different people. This is an argument that no one wins or agrees on. To me (for all cars) over the top means an excellant combination of modifications, while overboard describes a vehicle with nonfuctional mismatched mods.

loafer650
08-30-2007, 01:01 AM
Rice
http://www.modenstudios.com/realricers.html

That rap songs pwns...:thumbup:

reznunt
08-30-2007, 01:59 AM
"rice" is such a stupid term. i don't walk up to jose and tell him his '54 bel air is "beans" or call up leroy and tell him his '64 impala is "fried chicken" or tell chad that his viper is "mayo."

whoever coined the term "rice" is an idiot. rice is delicious and i'll eat it with fried chicken and beans. but no mayo lol.

loafer650
08-30-2007, 02:38 AM
Rice, by itself, to me means an Asian built/designed car....period. And I don't mean this in any way as a racial/prejudiced comment!!!! I think there are lots of adjectives that mean different things to different people. This is an argument that no one wins or agrees on. To me (for all cars) over the top means an excellant combination of modifications, while overboard describes a vehicle with nonfuctional mismatched mods.

this isnt an argument. and churp your definition is exactly what most ppl think rice is. thats why i am wondering why someone who owns a yari would refer to parts as "RICEy" or "fart cans". ive only ever heard those terms used for imports and never for US domestics. just want ppls opinion as to what "rice" means to them. maybe we could all learn something.:respekt:

contraband831
08-30-2007, 03:11 AM
I think you guys are looking at cars that were definitely COOL in their day believe me big wings were cool, big ass stickers all over the car were the shit, clear taillights were awesome, and bigmouth body kits would get you some putang. (look at old tuner magazines) BUT of course this is no longer the case, this has passed, but these vehicles still roam around looking for a new owner to give them life again, but more than likely it will not happen. today its a different ball game. so give some people a break just because you do not like it, it does not make it rice, its just plain and simple not your taste. some people like 15" wheels others 20" wheel no reason to bash someones brains in. Just sit back and do your thing, you'll live longer.

black2yaris
08-30-2007, 03:32 AM
RICE is a opinion & opinions are like assholes , everyone has one AND they ALL smell Bad ! Everyone's , but mine ! because it's smelling like a Rose right now !!

Now pass me the Rice ,Chitlin's , Beans with a Heavy side of Mayo PLEASE !! :burnrubber: My Yari is about to eat Yer lunch !!:moon:

Violin
08-30-2007, 07:19 AM
I've lost count of the number of total strangers who have complimented my modified Yaris.

I guess everybody loves rice.

Imagine
08-30-2007, 08:06 AM
I like rice.. Especially with a Chicken Chimichanga..

Paddy Rice or Rough Rice
Brown Rice
Milled Rice
Broken Rice
Rice Bran and Stabilized Rice Bran
Organic Rice
Parboiled Rice
Instant Rice
IQF Frozen Rice
Fried Rice
Wild Rice

Actually... IMO, anything made in Asia is rice. Anything "made in US" is wannabe rice.

Black Yaris
08-30-2007, 08:20 AM

this isnt an argument. and churp your definition is exactly what most ppl think rice is. thats why i am wondering why someone who owns a yari would refer to parts as "RICEy" or "fart cans". ive only ever heard those terms used for imports and never for US domestics. just want ppls opinion as to what "rice" means to them. maybe we could all learn something.:respekt:

basicly you two are useing the term as it was long, long ago, when it was a bad thing to own an imported car from Japan. Using rice to descibe all japanese vehicles faded with other other terms of the period "rad", "Awsome", "grody", as well as parachute pants and Vanilla Ice.

kurokoma-kun
08-30-2007, 09:22 AM
Actually... IMO, anything made in Asia is rice. Anything "made in US" is wannabe rice.

US rice = Uncle Bens :biggrin:

To me rice is the non-functional mods, huge wings and so forth, whether domestic or import.

It's interesting that some people think of any Asian import car as rice--I have only thought of bikes this way, as in kawasaki etc being rice rockets.

nsmitchell
08-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Non-functioning mods - exactly. I once saw a 280ZX with a rear spoiler made of 2 electrical boxes, like the ones in you walls, and a piece of plastic all screwed together. This was in Miami. I could not beleive my eyes. It was hilarious.

ChinoCharles
08-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Non functional mods make you a ricer.

Joe, you're a ricer. If you don't think you are look at your tail lights again.

I am too.

In fact, I would argue most of us here are.

And? I've always wanted to be a ricer since I was a little kid and I saw my first turbo Civic. So what? Its a fun hobby. It is no dumber than 90% of the other hobbies I hear of. You stay in your garden, I'll be under the hood.

black2yaris
08-30-2007, 01:34 PM
You Go ! Chino

churp
08-30-2007, 01:35 PM
basicly you two are useing the term as it was long, long ago, when it was a bad thing to own an imported car from Japan. Using rice to descibe all japanese vehicles faded with other other terms of the period "rad", "Awsome", "grody", as well as parachute pants and Vanilla Ice.

????? When was it a bad thing to own an imported car from Japan? The only reason you would say that is from listening to people who were jealous back whenever you think that was. EXAMPLE: Owning any year Fiero instead of the comparable year Civic was a 'stupid' thing, compare performances and prices....then tell me why the Civic is still with us.

WRBlue
08-30-2007, 01:54 PM

Exactly. Saved me from typing the same thing. I only hear old guys going through a midlife crisis and owning a vette/viper/old muscle car or hillbillys using rice to describe japanese cars anymore.

Rice in that useage was already out by the time of Vanilla ;)

????? When was it a bad thing to own an imported car from Japan?

Any time before about 1982. Until the gas crisises of the 70s, Japanese cars almost didn't exist here, and thoes that did were like the Subaru 360 - barely enough power to move.
In the 70s, people bought them, but they wern't cool and were un-american. Hell people thought they caused the rampant inflation and recession in the late 70s to mid 82. But by then, all american cars were total crap and people realized that Japanese cars wern't crap so using rice to describe Japanese cars died. By the early 90s, rice came to mean what it means today - show cars that think they are fast i.e. unfuctional mods, unfunctional go-fast parts, stupid owners, etc.

Imagine
08-30-2007, 01:56 PM
US rice = Uncle Bens :biggrin:

Ah! Si.. Good point.

kurokoma-kun
08-30-2007, 02:45 PM
In the 70s, people bought them, but they wern't cool and were un-american.

people called them rice burners I think?

Yaris Revenge
08-30-2007, 02:47 PM
people called them rice burners I think?

because they were Japaneses and ran on so little fuel, compared to domestics. :biggrin:

~YR

nqd
08-30-2007, 02:55 PM
"I personally believe that U.S. Americans called cars rice because

Uh....some people out there in our nation dont have cars.

And....uh...I beleive that our cars, like such as in asia, South Africa and...uh...the Iraq, evereywhere, like, such as....

And I beleive that they should...

Our cars over here in the U.S. should help the U.S.....uh....

Or should help South africa and should help Iraq and the Asian Countries....

So we will be able to build up our future...for our children"

if you dont get it click here (http://www.break.com/index/great-answer-from-mrs-south-carolina.html)

YarisTom73
08-30-2007, 02:57 PM

And....uh...I beleive that our cars, like such as in asia, South Africa and...uh...the Iraq, evereywhere, like, such as....

Sure that wasn't quoted directly from George W. at some conference?? :bellyroll:

nqd
08-30-2007, 03:21 PM
*EDIT* link on post 25

nsmitchell
08-30-2007, 03:37 PM

if you dont get it click here (http://www.break.com/index/great-answer-from-mrs-south-carolina.html)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :bellyroll: :laughabove: :laughabove: :bellyroll: :clap: :clap: :clap:

sherryberry
08-30-2007, 04:27 PM
I eat rice.

jdium
08-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Looks are subjective, but an easy way to qualify "rice" is to look at it from a consumer's prospective. Would that "mod" fly in a magazine available to the national consumer. If a magazine editor would laugh at your car, it's probably rice...

Stoke the fire! http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smilies/symbolic/fire.gif

brickhardmeat
08-30-2007, 05:47 PM
*EDIT* link on post 25

oh sama:help:

paradigm
08-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Looks are subjective, but an easy way to qualify "rice" is to look at it from a consumer's prospective. Would that "mod" fly in a magazine available to the national consumer. If a magazine editor would laugh at your car, it's probably rice...

Lol, doesn't that fall under the whole "beauty is in the eye of the beholder thing?". What does the opinion of a magazine editor have to do with anything? Besides their opinions differ widely as well.

churp
08-30-2007, 09:32 PM
Any time before about 1982. Until the gas crisises of the 70s, Japanese cars almost didn't exist here, and thoes that did were like the Subaru 360 - barely enough power to move.
In the 70s, people bought them, but they wern't cool and were un-american. ......

I can only assume your parents hadn't met yet at that time. Here's a short history each within a year or two in the US.....Datsun and Toyota had a full line of cars in the late 60's including pickups, Honda introduced the 600's in '71, Civic in '73, Accord in '76, Prelude in '78....Datsun (I had a '67 411 with factory dual carbs) the famous 510 introduced in 68, 1600 & 2000 roadsters in late 60's also, 240Z '70, 260Z '72, 280Z '74, 280ZX '78......Toyota Celica introduced in '74, Supra in '79....Think Mazda came to the US in early '70s and the RX7 came in "79. I'm sure I missed some of the early 'rice', but you get the picture, and every one of them except the Honda 600's and the rotary, mechanically outlasted nearly every American car produced then.

Quite a few of these existed before the 1st gas crisis (winter of 73/74) and dealers couldn't stock enough 240Z's (some stupid American dealers even stuck vinyl tops on them just to make money...they were a sure sell).

OgDogg
08-30-2007, 10:11 PM
rice is delicious and i'll eat it with fried chicken and beans.
:drinking:

Nigal
08-31-2007, 05:57 AM
To me the difference between a ricer and a tuner is that the ricer starts from the skin in and the tuner starts from the inside out. The ricer will tack on big Tupperware bumpers before putting on an intake. The tuner will put on a custom cat back system where the muffler is hidden before lowering his ride. The ricer will put as much shit on his car as he can. The tuner tries to make his ride distinctive with as few major mods as possible.

jdium
08-31-2007, 07:27 AM
Tuner makes about as much sense as ricer IMO. Putting a conical filter on a car does not "tune" the car. Can someone help me as to the background behind the term? I have seen companies such as Saleen with Mustangs referred to as tuners, which seems appropriate. But someone putting an exhaust and an antenna on his yaris does not seem to warrant the same term...

Imagine
08-31-2007, 08:39 AM
But someone putting an exhaust and an antenna on his yaris does not seem to warrant the same term...

An antenna would be considered a "ricer" mod. Since it's mainly for looks and does nothing for the performance of the car. An exhaust alone really wouldn't qualify the person as a tuner either. However, the exhaust is part of the equation. A tuner is someone who looks to achieve more power. In my book simple bolt on parts doesn't really make someone a tuner..

nsmitchell
08-31-2007, 09:11 AM
One man' tuning is another man's rice. I love carbon fiber mods. hehe They shave off some weight, but throw a gallon of milk in the trunk and you are back to the same weight. hehe I saw a carbon fiber hood and trunk on an friggin Hyundai Elantra. lol

nqd
08-31-2007, 09:18 AM
A tuner is someone who looks to achieve more power. In my book simple bolt on parts doesn't really make someone a tuner..

The easiest source of achieving power is from bolt on's.

Imagine
08-31-2007, 10:11 AM
The easiest source of achieving power is from bolt on's.

At what expense? Three or 4 HP for about $1000. That in my book is a waste of money. In some cases it even reduces power. It changes power delivery.. Some freer flowing exhausts may give you a couple max power gains at 6k rpms, but reduce power in the lower RPMs where most daily driven cars spend most of the time. IMO, that stuff is nearly pointless unless it's supporting a NA build, or some sort of forced induction. Other wise, those parts are more for look and sound.

I know a lot of people wont agree with me, but thats my opinion. I've been in the import scene for almost 10 years now. I've been there, done that, and learned my lesson. I'm not saying that it's wrong. It's your car, do as you'd like I don't think any less of anyone for doing it. It's just not my thing anymore. I'd rather put money in quality suspension parts, and good tires then save for a turbo or something in that area. It's all personal preference.

nsmitchell
08-31-2007, 10:41 AM
Turbos are not rice, that for sure.

Most ricers can't afford a turbo, but will install the gadget that makes it sound as if you have a turbo, you will also need the obligatory fart can for the fake turbo to achieve it's full potential... and a hood scoop, very important for the fake turbo to get maximum turbosity and spoolyness.

nqd
08-31-2007, 10:42 AM

Most ricers can't afford a turbo, but will install the gadget that makes it sound as if you have a turbo, you will also need the obligatory fart can for the fake turbo to achieve it's full potential... and a hood scoop, very important for the fake turbo to get maximum turbosity and spoolyness.

:clap::clap::clap::bellyroll::laughabove::bellyrol l::clap::clap::clap:

Imagine
08-31-2007, 11:02 AM
Here you go..

http://www.prestoimages.net/graphics07/45_pd711_1.jpg

TURBO SOUND WHISTLERS!

TURBO SOUND WHISTLER defintion: A turbo simulator device that locks inside your exhaust tip and uses the pressure of the exiting air to produce the high-pitched "spooling" of a turbocharger. It is the closest thing on the market that simulates the "spooling" sound of a turbocharger for the fraction of the cost of a turbo system. Works with manual or auto. Works with stock exhaust and aftermarket exhaust systems. SOUND TURBO-CHARGED with the TURBO WHISTLER!

$ 18.95

Imagine
08-31-2007, 11:26 AM

If that was directed at my comment, I think you misunderstood me.. I wasn't saying Id rather have suspension over a turbo. I was saying I'd rather save for a turbo once the suspension has been upgraded instead of spending money on mods that don't net you much like an I/H/E.

Turbos are NOT rice.. Turbos own.

kimona
08-31-2007, 11:29 AM
One of the dumbest discussions on the forum!

nsmitchell
08-31-2007, 11:50 AM
If that was directed at my comment, I think you misunderstood me.. I wasn't saying Id rather have suspension over a turbo. I was saying I'd rather save for a turbo once the suspension has been upgraded instead of spending money on mods that don't net you much like an I/H/E.

Turbos are NOT rice.. Turbos own.

No, I was agreeing with you. Real turbos kick ass! I was just making fun of the little fake turbo device. 200HP is not rice! Racing a Mustang 5.0 in a Yaris and winning is not rice, thats the BEEF!

jdium
08-31-2007, 04:34 PM
One of the dumbest discussions on the forum!

It got you to post...

At what expense? Three or 4 HP for about $1000. That in my book is a waste of money. In some cases it even reduces power. It changes power delivery.. Some freer flowing exhausts may give you a couple max power gains at 6k rpms, but reduce power in the lower RPMs where most daily driven cars spend most of the time. IMO, that stuff is nearly pointless unless it's supporting a NA build, or some sort of forced induction. Other wise, those parts are more for look and sound.

I know a lot of people wont agree with me, but thats my opinion. I've been in the import scene for almost 10 years now. I've been there, done that, and learned my lesson. I'm not saying that it's wrong. It's your car, do as you'd like I don't think any less of anyone for doing it. It's just not my thing anymore. I'd rather put money in quality suspension parts, and good tires then save for a turbo or something in that area. It's all personal preference.

Someone actually has some common sense! Trying to get 3 more hp from a 104 hp engine is like a 400 lb chick losing 8 lbs...Nobody can tell... IMO, unless you are doing a drastic change, like an engine swap or a build/turbo, there is not much improvement to be had. For my money, I'm going to spend it on making this car out handle a cheetah...

No, I was agreeing with you. Real turbos kick ass! I was just making fun of the little fake turbo device. 200HP is not rice! Racing a Mustang 5.0 in a Yaris and winning is not rice, thats the BEEF!

Ya, real turbo's kick ass. But personally, I'll hop in my Mustang 5.0 if I need to race another Mustang 5.0. That way I still have a warranty and 40 mpg's with the daily driver... :smile:

ToyotaTEch21
08-31-2007, 07:43 PM
To me it works like this:

Molded Veilside body kit= Tuner
Ebay fiberglass body kit, unpainted for 2 years held on with wood screws= rice

Big spoiler on a Supra=Tuner
Big spoiler on a K car thats on backwards= rice

Carbon fiber hood with a scoop= tuner
A stick on scoop from pep boys thats falling off= rice

Now I'm not hating on the people who buy the cheap parts. If thats what you can afford go for it. I am however hating on the hacks who mod their cars, do a shitty job and go around acting like they are chip foose. I really dont care what parts people put on their cars. But its the cars that come into the shop where I work that have poorly installed parts. (wiring thats a fire hazard or after market wheels without hub centric rings installed, Fart can mufflers supported with a coat hanger) These People are the ricers to me.

Chino said something about he himself being a ricer. I say bullshit Chino, you're a Tuner.

CF-Shane
08-31-2007, 08:22 PM
Ugh... yeah the wiring thing, tell me about it. I just fixed a friend's installation. He paid a shop to install his DVD/Navigation system, and they screwed it up. The funny part is that I said I'd do it for half what they charged him and he got impatient because I was schedule-challenged at the time. I had to re-do it anyhow, as they had just twisted wires together and wrapped them with electrical tape. It's not just half-assery by owners, you'd be suprised what kind of ghetto installs come out of "reputable" shops these days, too.

death is my gift
08-31-2007, 08:26 PM
It's pretty simple for me. Rice = all show and no go. But I don't think it's a bad thing. Personally I wouldn't do certain things to my Yari (huge ass spoiler), but I am in position to tell others what to do (or not do) with their cars. Some things are just not for me.

joe keeney
08-31-2007, 09:18 PM
Myself I like the Pork Fry Rice Yaris.

Black Yaris
09-01-2007, 12:23 AM
so how did we go from "My thoughts regarding this forum", to where we are now? Seems like it just became another HUGH what is and is not rice argument.....

http://www.toledotuners.com/phpBB3/images/smilies/nomore.gif

black2yaris
09-01-2007, 01:52 AM
lock it UP !! it's a waste of time now !! enuff was said at the begining now it's digressing into B.S.

Black Yaris
09-01-2007, 09:55 AM
lock it UP !! it's a waste of time now !! enuff was said at the begining now it's digressing into B.S.
hear that Churp? That is exactly was I was talking about... we will leave it open for just a bit longer for a responce from Churp, he thinks this thread should be open, and I am willing to hear why he thinks it should stay open before I deciede to close it again

brickhardmeat
09-01-2007, 10:30 AM
everyone will always disagree on subjective matters:wink:

death is my gift
09-01-2007, 11:43 AM
so how did we go from "My thoughts regarding this forum", to where we are now? Seems like it just became another HUGH what is and is not rice argument.....

http://www.toledotuners.com/phpBB3/images/smilies/nomore.gif

that being said, what does rice mean to you?

That's how we got here. loafer650 asked "what does rice mean to you?" So, I answered. :iono:

nqd
09-01-2007, 12:02 PM
That's how we got here. loafer650 asked "what does rice mean to you?" So, I answered. :iono:

+1

its just a question...

why you wanna lock up a thread about people opinions?:iono::iono:

if the case was we were all arguing and getting all pissed at each other then i would understand....

black2yaris
09-01-2007, 01:07 PM
then change this to "Bitch about Rice " as this is what it is now ..

jdium
09-01-2007, 02:44 PM
then change this to "Bitch about Rice " as this is what it is now ..

Quite simple, if you don't like it, don't click it. I don't like cigarettes, so I don't smoke them. I don't like Barbie's, so I don't buy them. I like conversations with diverse views, debates, etc, so I engage in them. Comprende?

Black Yaris
09-01-2007, 10:59 PM
just trying to keep the peace.... and everytime this topic come up, it always turns bad

churp
09-02-2007, 06:30 PM
hear that Churp? That is exactly was I was talking about... we will leave it open for just a bit longer for a responce from Churp, he thinks this thread should be open, and I am willing to hear why he thinks it should stay open before I deciede to close it again

Close whatever you want! A lot of people come here for entertainment mixed with tech. ......The tech can be found many places, and if the moderators want to curb the entertainment fine. Take my membership off cause I'm not returning....have a good (dry) forum showing everyone how to reset their service lights, etc. And BlackYaris if you think the mods to your car aren't rice, you've burnt too much greymatter.

SmallCarGuy
09-02-2007, 07:32 PM
I still like my post in the other thread... sums it up best for me...

"More contemporary use of the term rice burner, along with the prefix "rice", has taken on an alternate pejorative meaning for an automobile that has been modified to give impression of high performance, but does not necessarily have any high-performance capabilities.

This practice is in direct contrast to the "stealth" or "sleeper" style of automotive modification, where a vehicle may have major performance modifications, but the appearance remains similar to that of a stock model.

In this manner, the appellation can apply to any vehicle regardless of country of origin. The most commonly modified cars are sport compacts, but the term can apply to any class of vehicle, including trucks."

black2yaris
09-02-2007, 09:25 PM
churp .. yah still here ?? nobody wants anyone to leave ..............

seanele
09-02-2007, 10:08 PM
"rice" is such a stupid term. i don't walk up to jose and tell him his '54 bel air is "beans" or call up leroy and tell him his '64 impala is "fried chicken" or tell chad that his viper is "mayo."

whoever coined the term "rice" is an idiot. rice is delicious and i'll eat it with fried chicken and beans. but no mayo lol.

wrong again!!!
..rice is good with a fried Telapia or Popeye crispy chicken....:tongue:

seanele
09-02-2007, 10:16 PM

and I'm not agreeing with you dude!!!

racing a 5.0 mustang is....
woww..wait a second.., why a Yaris race a 5.0 mustang?????

ohh..nevermind dude...:tongue:

StumpS
09-02-2007, 10:17 PM
RICE = Tacky , Tasteless , Unecessary , Over-done, Huge Spoilers, Improperly fitted body kits.

seanele
09-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Myself I like the Pork Fry Rice Yaris.

don't forget the sauce...:thumbup:

Black Yaris
09-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Close whatever you want! A lot of people come here for entertainment mixed with tech. ......The tech can be found many places, and if the moderators want to curb the entertainment fine. Take my membership off cause I'm not returning....have a good (dry) forum showing everyone how to reset their service lights, etc. And BlackYaris if you think the mods to your car aren't rice, you've burnt too much greymatter.
Yeah, I am not a ricer, no stickers, no wing, no chrome, nothing flashy.... my car is just clean

I still like my post in the other thread... sums it up best for me...

"More contemporary use of the term rice burner, along with the prefix "rice", has taken on an alternate pejorative meaning for an automobile that has been modified to give impression of high performance, but does not necessarily have any high-performance capabilities.
This practice is in direct contrast to the "stealth" or "sleeper" style of automotive modification, where a vehicle may have major performance modifications, but the appearance remains similar to that of a stock model.

In this manner, the appellation can apply to any vehicle regardless of country of origin. The most commonly modified cars are sport compacts, but the term can apply to any class of vehicle, including trucks."

swng
09-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Hope you see this churp. I think no one wants you to leave the forum. No one!
Please do not leave!
Come back and tell me if you think my car (see left) is rice please:redface:.

loafer650
09-02-2007, 11:00 PM

since i started this thread let me ask again...

]WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF RICE?:burnrubber: