PDA

View Full Version : lite brite

YarisTom73
08-31-2007, 08:48 AM
I know, everyone talks about the Osram Silverstars, which aren't available locally. So I went to Autozone and got the Sylvania Silverstars (which by the way have a rebate going on), because time was limited and I'm making a long trip the weekend, and I gotta say that they look badazz!! Sorry no pic. In the past these have had longevity issues, has anyone had any problems with these?
My old Jeep had the seled beams which crapped out after only 6 months :mad:

Also, Lite brite toys rock.

nqd
08-31-2007, 09:04 AM
:needpics:

redyaris
08-31-2007, 09:20 AM
http://stillmemory.ca/braindump/images/LiteBriteFlowers_nsantos.jpg

slvryaris
08-31-2007, 10:13 AM
I got an email from Sylvania saying that the Silverstars have a 1 year warranty now. I own both the Sylvania and the Osrams. Osram has bought Sylvania and people get confused and think they are the same. The Sylvania lights give of the 4000k temp color while the Osrams are just a little below, but the proof of the debate is in the output. I drive at night all the time because I work 3rd and the Sylvania have a nice cutoff distance and the blue/gray hue looks cool, but the Osrams totally obliterate the Sylvania's in output.

The only thing I like about the Sylvanias is the color makes it easier to see things at night while the Osrams still kind of look yellowish but the output is by far much greater. Coming in the fall are going to be the Sylvania Silverstar Ultras which are suppose to be brighter and whiter with more coverage on the sides and all that good stuff. Go to www.powerbulbs.com and pick up a pair of Osrams +50 Silverstars. It is worth the money just to see how they perform.

YarisTom73
08-31-2007, 11:56 AM
I almost got the Ultras, they had a $10 rebate, but the bulbs were $50..too much for my piddly parts-guy income. I've heard good things though :smile:
I also would consider the Hellas, they're 50 also, but they have that amberish-luminescence about them, unsure if I like that. I think the bluish hue is cooler.

marcus
08-31-2007, 12:05 PM
yah even the NOkya average life is about 9 to 11 months... HID is ur solution..

cm07yaris
08-31-2007, 01:00 PM
My g/f has been running nokyas in her car for almost 2 years now.

marcus
08-31-2007, 02:53 PM
wow 2 years....thats a record.. my friend change his 3X for the past 2 years..

brickhardmeat
08-31-2007, 04:57 PM
your friend is probably getting his greasy hands on the bulbs or something, they should last longer than that