PDA

View Full Version : Yaris LB vs. WRX

ChinoCharles
09-01-2007, 12:02 PM
So yeah, street racing is bad, if you don't like it don't read this blah blah blah blah blah. It happened and I'm posting it.

I'm driving home from the Taste of Cleveland festival last night on the highway. There was a little bit of traffic but nothing crazy. Everyone feels the need to drive slowly, so I am doing my normal dance around the traffic in an effort to get home ASAP. Well, I pass a WRX with a sticker on the back window. He bounces out behind me and starts tailing me a bit. I started speeding up to see if he wanted to play, and he did. He starts following me through the maze. He is doing relatively well until for some reason he got scared and stopped trying to follow so close. We probably hit 90 before that happened. We get to the exchange and he pulls up next to me and we roll down our windows. He says "What do you have underneath that thing?" I told him nothing, just a suspension and some good driving. He says bullshit. At this point there is a long sweeping turn in front of us and I throw it into second and gun it. By the end of the turn I was going 95 MPH and probably pulling a full G, not to mention I probably gained 15 car lengths on him. I slowed down to wait for him again and he told me I was crazy and then exited the freeway.

Sure, he couldn't drive... but I still shamed a WRX. :bow:

nqd
09-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Its not how you stand by your car, Its how you race your car. You better remember that.

:drinking:

eTiMaGo
09-01-2007, 12:08 PM
he told me I was crazy

I think that summarizes it quite well, and I would agree :biggrin:

ChinoCharles
09-01-2007, 12:10 PM
I couldn't argue.

staticorex
09-01-2007, 02:14 PM
:drinking:

Yeah yo! And get some NAZZZZZZ!
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/staticorex/the_fast_and_the_furious_2.jpg

:)

yrsdrgn
09-01-2007, 02:26 PM
haha good stuff. Yarii power!!!

Sabretooth
09-01-2007, 02:27 PM
lol, awesome story, I think we all have had similar experiences every now and again... any way, mass respect for all Yari

ROCKLAND TOYOTA
09-01-2007, 02:59 PM
i love our cars on the highway.small enough to fit almost anywhere and a midrange power band to back it up......

black2yaris
09-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Yup Rockland ! Nimble & Quick ! ya gotta love that .........

Katana
09-02-2007, 06:10 AM
Yeah yo! And get some NAZZZZZZ!
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/staticorex/the_fast_and_the_furious_2.jpg

:)

:thumbup::thumbup:

joe keeney
09-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Good job I love these pick ups that jump my butt down here. I pick up speed led them into a hairpen watch them lose the road.

punch
09-02-2007, 11:06 AM
I don't beleive you.....

wrx 224hp 3192 lbs (4 door m/t) thats 1 hp for every 14.25lbs of car
yaris 106hp 2300lbs ( 2door m/t) thats 1 hp for every 21.7lbs of car

plus he has AWD....

I'd say he didn't know how to drive...

slothman86
09-02-2007, 03:07 PM
As for street racing, yeah it's illegal, but... Sometimes you have no control over situations, J/K...:)

There is this guy at work with a GMC Jimmy, and he's always talking shit about his 4.3 Vortec engine, blazzy blah. He always is in front of me when we are leaving work while stopped at the red light in the left hand turning lane. When the light turns, we both light up the tires and he takes off and stays in the left hand lane I usually pull up from behind in the right lane and pass him. I have never looked at him to see his face while I fly past him, but I can imagine it.

Does the Yaris have a secret underpowered Engine spirit that allows it to go stupidly fast? This happens more often than not...to most cars...

Sabretooth
09-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Its just the car looks sluggish, but it really is quick...

Or you just people dont expect and econobox to just have ANY power.

jdium
09-02-2007, 06:14 PM
:thumbdown:

Go4th
09-02-2007, 07:19 PM
its how you drive. like i said a year ago that corvette had one pusXX driver... usually the idiots that drive vetts and wrx's etc have zero driving skill they get them for that quick open road blast and then when it comes down to braking and turning the steering wheel a couple times they get confused and freak out and look gay infront of their little girlfriends who they acted like cool bad asses infront of b4 they came across some of us that drive a yaris and make other people wonder WTF they got in that thing?!!! :eyebulge: :smoking: :drinking:

RShatchback
09-02-2007, 08:55 PM

+1

Go4th
09-02-2007, 10:13 PM
So yeah, street racing is bad, if you don't like it don't read this blah blah blah blah blah. It happened and I'm posting it.

I'm driving home from the Taste of Cleveland festival last night on the highway. There was a little bit of traffic but nothing crazy. Everyone feels the need to drive slowly, so I am doing my normal dance around the traffic in an effort to get home ASAP. Well, I pass a WRX with a sticker on the back window. He bounces out behind me and starts tailing me a bit. I started speeding up to see if he wanted to play, and he did. He starts following me through the maze. He is doing relatively well until for some reason he got scared and stopped trying to follow so close. We probably hit 90 before that happened. We get to the exchange and he pulls up next to me and we roll down our windows. He says "What do you have underneath that thing?" I told him nothing, just a suspension and some good driving. He says bullshit. At this point there is a long sweeping turn in front of us and I throw it into second and gun it. By the end of the turn I was going 95 MPH and probably pulling a full G, not to mention I probably gained 15 car lengths on him. I slowed down to wait for him again and he told me I was crazy and then exited the freeway.

Sure, he couldn't drive... but I still shamed a WRX. :bow:

+1 :thumbsup:

leasaunce
09-02-2007, 10:44 PM
hmmm you called that a street race? :iono::thumbdown: there's nothing cool about street racing! Especially when you know someone innocent that has been killed.

this post should be locked!

Go4th
09-05-2007, 08:15 PM
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=132845#post132845

paradigm
09-05-2007, 08:54 PM
this post should be locked!

Uhmmm no? lol. While you may not agree with what's said, just because you disagree is no reason to close a topic.

ChinoCharles
09-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Did I not say the very first thing...

MOVE ON TO THE NEXT THREAD!

nsmitchell
09-05-2007, 11:13 PM
We need to fight the WRXs with Turbos! That would wipe the smile from their faces fo sho!

WRX 224hp 3192 lbs (4 door m/t) thats 1 hp for every 14.25lbs of car
Yaris 200hp 2300 lbs (2door m/t) thats 1 hp for every 11.5lbs of car
2008 Mustang GT 300HP 3356Lbs thats 1 hp for every 11.18lbs of car

I want one so bad!!!

BailOut
09-06-2007, 12:54 AM
So the two of you endangered countless other people on the road just because you felt a need to get home earlier, and then had to test out your mecha-peens?

Shameful and selfish.

Slummy
09-06-2007, 01:03 AM
Did HE not say the very first thing...

MOVE ON TO THE NEXT THREAD!

I'm not saying it's the smartest thing ever, and neither is Chino. Thats that as far as I'm concerned.

jdium
09-06-2007, 07:36 AM

Motorhead6T5
09-06-2007, 08:53 AM
So the two of you endangered countless other people on the road just because you felt a need to get home earlier, and then had to test out your mecha-peens?

Shameful and selfish.Go back to MPG section, k thxs bye bye.

ChinoCharles
09-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Yeah, if you guys think I give a shit about your mass judgement of my morality, you're sorely mistaken. By all means though, feel free to continue wasting your time.

paradigm
09-06-2007, 01:27 PM

Shameful and selfish.

Lol. . . they werent' going that fast and besides, if there was a danger it was probably to the hypermiler doing 54 1/2 mph in the left lane refusing to get over so he could save $.23 in gas that day. . . :smile:

ChinoCharles
09-06-2007, 01:30 PM
I've never been in an accident.

forpinks
09-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Another WIN for the underdogs!

I wanna see a 3SZ turbo powered Yaris that eats Vettes for dinner!

Motorhead6T5
09-06-2007, 10:48 PM

+1 I've never hit anybody,I don't blow by other people on the road,I'm one of the fastest best drivers you'd ever meet.

You just gotta deal with people that think nobody can drive or know their limits. Some people are in fact safer driver at the limit than other people at the speed limit. Its the idiots with no driving experience thinkin they are mario andretti,and blowing by other cars on the road,that are the problem. And the people that merge onto a 65 mph freeway at 45 mph just to save some gas. People that won't pull over and let faster traffic by,which cause traffic back up are by far the most dangerous thing on the road.

punch
09-07-2007, 07:10 PM

I drive fast also, but what if::::

that guy down the road doesn't judge your speed correctly and pulls out in front?

you blow a tire?

etc...

theres always the what-ifs...

punch
09-07-2007, 07:12 PM
+1
People that won't pull over and let faster traffic by,which cause traffic back up are by far the most dangerous thing on the road.

I agreed with your comments until the last part....

the speed limit is just that the limit, if i choose to drive the limit in the "so called fast lane" what law am I breaking the limit, is the limit...I hate tailgators like yourself.

jdium
09-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Some people just don't get it. Go talk to a paramedic about "good fast" drivers and where they end up. Keep it on the track...

What's up with a moderator bragging about reckless driving?

ChinoCharles
09-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Oh, I get it... because we're moderators we can't act like ourselves? Please. You're sorely mistaken if you think I'm neutered by my account status.

Anyway, the whole arguing against street racing in the street racing thread thing is simply juvenile. I know it isn't smart, and I wouldn't advocate it. I told a story. Now the soap boxers on the forum find the need to shit in my thread on the basis of their morality?

MOVE
THE
FUCK
ON
PEOPLE!

Oh, wait, can I not say that? :laugh:

jdium
09-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Anyway, the whole arguing against street racing in the street racing thread thing is simply juvenile.

The ones arguing against it are juvenile?

GROW
THE
FUCK
UP
PEOPLE

My point of you being a moderator is that you have made judgments about other threads being inappropriate due to illegal activity, yet this is ok? You represent the OWNER of the web site, correct? You make judgments, "moderate", on his behalf, correct? If you posted something about playing with guns in public or other idiotic adventures, you would get the same "morality" responses...

ChinoCharles
09-07-2007, 10:12 PM
I represent the owner? No. I represent us. There are two rules on these forums: no personal attacks and no beyond-the-red-tape vending. Other than that, its fair game... and that is one of the great things about YarisWorld. I don't legislate morality, nor do I make persistent posts judging the morality of others. I'm smarter than that.

Don't pick a fight with me jdium. If you don't like the topic, don't read the thread. There is no nudity here, no offensive language... just move on.

jdium
09-07-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm smarter than that.

Don't pick a fight with me jdium. If you don't like the topic, don't read the thread. There is no nudity here, no offensive language... just move on.

Smarter than that eh?

"By the end of the turn I was going 95 MPH and probably pulling a full G"

I'm not picking a fight. Just because I don't high-five you and say Good Job, doesn't mean I don't like the topic. I don't understand how you can be proud of something so reckless?

Just stating my opinion, and asking you to defend your actions. "that is one of the great things about YarisWorld."

If you are so offended by the morality of my posts, why dignify them with a response? Move On...

ChinoCharles
09-07-2007, 10:23 PM
OK jdium.

I've spoken out against street racing on these very forums before. I don't think it is right and I don't advocate it.

However, as a 22 year old male citizen of the United States with a serverely recognizable car, I get called out from time to time and my testosterone forces me to do silly things.

I did a silly thing and decided to post it. I even threw in a little disclaimer to try and deter folks from posting garbage rants in my thread.

Didn't work, did it?

Now that I came clean, can you stay out of my fucking thread? Do you feel better? :bellyroll:

DO YOU ALWAYS DO THE RIGHT THING?

jdium
09-07-2007, 10:28 PM
:thumbup:

Feel better now?

ChinoCharles
09-07-2007, 10:29 PM
For stating the blatantly obvious? I feel like I just talked to my toddler.

Go4th
09-07-2007, 10:37 PM

the speed limit is just that the limit, if i choose to drive the limit in the "so called fast lane" what law am I breaking the limit, is the limit...I hate tailgators like yourself.

But the law does have signs on the highway/interstate that says

“Slower Traffic Keep Right”

And let’s not forget the other one too.

“Keep right except to pass”

That is a law too, and your breaking that one.

jdium
09-07-2007, 10:44 PM
For stating the blatantly obvious? I feel like I just talked to my toddler.

Well, too bad you didn't get my point. Maybe when you teach your toddler how to be responsible you can grow up a bit too.

I don't always do the right thing, but I don't risk other peoples lives for the thrill of it. I had a very bad wreck when I was 17 in a 5.0. I was a "good fast driver" too. After the accident, I grew up. My wife is a paramedic, she sees the after effects of people like you often. It's not worth the risk...the fact that's not "blatantly obvious" to a 22 year old says something...

I know you are going to take this post personal, I don't care. Maybe it will stick with you a bit next time you consider a crowded roadway a maze...

ChinoCharles
09-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Why would I take anything personally from someone I don't know? I could care less buddy. Glad you got it out, though.

Here is something to channel all that energy towards. I look forward to hearing the story of your ongoing crusade oh virtuous one.

http://www.streetsmartsusa.org/

:bellyroll: :laugh:

For the record, I would have smoked the kid on a track too! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: Actually, I'm drunk right now. Maybe I should attend confessional tomorrow. I'm so ill-behaved. My Mom would be ashamed.

jdium
09-07-2007, 10:58 PM
Ok, you're my hero

ChinoCharles
09-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Thanks buddy. I'll put my cape on now.

fu_im_from_texas
09-08-2007, 12:16 AM
...There are two rules on these forums: no personal attacks and no beyond-the-red-tape vending. Other than that, its fair game... and that is one of the great things about YarisWorld. ...

if this is the case, then elsteverino's "drunk driving" thread should be unlocked... free speech should not be limited to moderators...

ChinoCharles
09-08-2007, 01:43 AM
if this is the case, then elsteverino's "drunk driving" thread should be unlocked... free speech should not be limited to moderators...

Actually, we received a complaint from a user on that thread.

You guys want to believe so badly that there is some huge moderator conspiracy here, don't you?

sherryberry
09-08-2007, 01:55 AM
I don't know about you but I think drunk driving is a lot more serious and dangerous than someone who is sober and speeding..

CF-Shane
09-08-2007, 02:43 AM
Man... some people buy soap boxes in bulk, huh?

(referring to the folks disproportionaly lashing out at Chino)

You guys want to believe so badly that there is some huge moderator conspiracy here, don't you?

Part of the job man, part of the job. I've been doing it for a while, and it sunk in quick that there's a bullseye tattooed on your nut sack that comes with the title.

blueskana
09-08-2007, 06:55 AM
This is a touchy subject, because on one hand most of these non-track stories involve someone blatently/dangerously breaking the law. For that reason, and peoples own personal experiences, they are justified in having strong reactions/condemnation for these illegal actions. On the other hand, in one way or another, almost everyone intentionally breaks the law. The degree and the severity often separated by experience and normal human weaknesses. So in principal, at least, no one is blameless. I'd like to say I keep it on the track/course, and when I'm on the roads set the cruise control at whatever the speed limit is, ignore any challenges, and am a "safe, responsible driver". Unfortunatly, when the road is empty, and there is a corner I am familiar with, that's not the case: a corner with a "15 mph" limit, I try to take at 45, "25 mph" at 75, maxing up to 90... roughly 3x the posted limit.
I justify that as soon as I exit the turn I return to the speed limit, no one else is around should things go badly, I have life insurance, am an organ donor, and have a 'Do Not Resusitate' tag so in theory not toooo much effort is waisted trying to bring me back. But in truth I'm wrong. This IS a pretty much free forum, and anyone is/should be allowed to post what they want (Moderator limitations/responsibilities whatever they may be)... though disclaimers not withstanding, replies and opinions can't be halted either.
Soooo I guess if you post something shady, just expect to catch as much flak as atta-boys, and if someone tells you to go stuff the moralistic preaching, expect that too and don't get too bent out of shape. I pray for safe miles for us all.

leasaunce
09-08-2007, 08:12 AM

me too!

punch
09-08-2007, 12:15 PM
But the law does have signs on the highway/interstate that says

“Slower Traffic Keep Right”

And let’s not forget the other one too.

“Keep right except to pass”

That is a law too, and your breaking that one.

hmm "slower traffic keep right" thats for vehicles traveling under the speed limit.

you got me on the keep right except to pass, which to me means in a 3 lane highway, everyone in the middle lane, and the fast lane are speeding and breaking the law, because everyone should be in the right most lane, doing the limit.

fu_im_from_texas
09-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Actually, we received a complaint from a user on that thread.

i dont believe in a conspiracy at all... i believe that as a moderator you have an extreemly tough job ...

Everyone has their own vision of what YW should be ... and its your job to determine what gets posted, and what doesnt...

personally, i dont want to see "i tried a new drug", "funny drunk driving stories", or "street racing" posts... but as a matter of free speech i think they should all be allowed...

what is the difference between an adult who choses to street race, drive drunk, or experiment with psychodelics?

.... users are complaining about drunk driving posts, should they be locked?

... users are complaning about drug posts, should they be locked?

... users are complaining about the street racing posts, should they be locked?

I dont have the answers to any of these questions... I'm asking that your answers be consistant...

ChinoCharles
09-08-2007, 04:02 PM
I will generally close any thread that has nothing to do with the car and warrants an e-mail response from a fellow member. See that little "report post" button down there at the bottom left? Click it and it e-mails the moderators. Action is still at our discretion.

sherryberry
09-08-2007, 04:38 PM
hmm "slower traffic keep right" thats for vehicles traveling under the speed limit.

you got me on the keep right except to pass, which to me means in a 3 lane highway, everyone in the middle lane, and the fast lane are speeding and breaking the law, because everyone should be in the right most lane, doing the limit.

i do believe that the keep right except to pass is only for 2 lane situations. I know on the 2 lane highway I used to go on to get to school, it was one of those keep right except to pass and people do follow that. I have never seen that sign in a 3 lane road.

Motorhead6T5
09-16-2007, 04:18 PM

the speed limit is just that the limit, if i choose to drive the limit in the "so called fast lane" what law am I breaking the limit, is the limit...I hate tailgators like yourself.I don't tailgate,nice try. Tailgaters are dangerous also. Lots of highways clearly state to pull over for faster traffic. I will however change lanes and pass you when safe and zoom off into the sunset at 80mph till I hit the next pack of road nazis like yourself.

jdium
09-16-2007, 04:29 PM
I don't tailgate,nice try. Tailgaters are dangerous also. Lots of highways clearly state to pull over for faster traffic. I will however change lanes and pass you when safe and zoom off into the sunset at 80mph till I hit the next pack of road nazis like yourself.

Just a matter of time till you run into the cops...

cm07yaris
09-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Why would I take anything personally from someone I don't know? I could care less buddy. Glad you got it out, though.

Here is something to channel all that energy towards. I look forward to hearing the story of your ongoing crusade oh virtuous one.

http://www.streetsmartsusa.org/

:bellyroll: :laugh:

For the record, I would have smoked the kid on a track too! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: Actually, I'm drunk right now. Maybe I should attend confessional tomorrow. I'm so ill-behaved. My Mom would be ashamed.

+1, but mostly for the drunk part LOL

Kioshi
09-17-2007, 09:26 AM
nice run. I wish I could run into an incident like this. But most of the freeway is either heavily stop n stop go conjested or......its complete straight-a-ways, where any 1.8L will nail me down >_<

I agree that Yaris has no advantage over WRX but if the driver just has the money to buy buy....and no driving skills......he's toast w/ any car he runs against.

Just outta curiousity...at what speed did you drop it into 2nd? Might've missed it, too lazy~

ChinoCharles
09-17-2007, 10:55 AM
We were probably going 45-50... just slow enough for third to be useless.

Motorhead6T5
09-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Just a matter of time till you run into the cops...Oh knoes not teh LAWMAN. Radar detector FTMFW!

AlphaFox
09-19-2007, 01:13 PM
Good post Charles, I dont know what everyone is whining about... He told a story, if you dont like it dont read it and move on. jeez..

as far as the lane passing thing goes, on a 2 lane highway the left lane is for passing, and right lane is for travel, on a 3 lane highway the left 2 lanes are for passing.. the right lane is for travel. on a 4 lane, the right 2 are travel, left 2 are for passing.
this has NOTHING to do with speeding. in europe its illegal to pass on the right so everyone follows this law. here its not really enforced, but it is ANNOYING when people dont follow this.
I know for a fact that people have been pulled over by cops when they were driving in the left and and wouldnt get over for the cop.

DRIVE IN THE RIGHT LANE, if someone is going slower than you PASS THEM then get back into the right lane!! if there are many people going slower than you in the right lane stay in the left lane as long as you are passing people. thats what its there for. once you have passed people and its clear in the right lane, GET OVER. this is not a hard concept to grasp..

There will always be people going faster than you, its a fact of life. Concern YOURSELF with the speed limit and dont worry about the people breaking it, its their decision. If you are in the right lane they wont bug you as they will pass you on the left!

Astroman
09-19-2007, 01:18 PM
It seems to be a hard concept for WA drivers, esp. when there are 3 lanes. I guess they think that they are faster if they drive in the left lane. There is a stretch of freeway I drive on a lot and the fastest lane is the far right lane because everyone else (except most large trucks) is in the middle and left lanes.

AlphaFox
09-19-2007, 01:45 PM
...everyone else (except most large trucks) is in the middle and left lanes.

I know, I hate this. MOVE OVER TO THE RIGHT! :thumbup:

eTiMaGo
09-20-2007, 04:34 AM
It seems to be a hard concept for WA drivers, esp. when there are 3 lanes. I guess they think that they are faster if they drive in the left lane. There is a stretch of freeway I drive on a lot and the fastest lane is the far right lane because everyone else (except most large trucks) is in the middle and left lanes.

heh that's pretty much any highway here, people just spreaaaad out...

It brought a tear to my eye when I was on holiday, that on the highway, everyone drives at a decent speed, stays on the outside lane, and go back to the outside lane after overtaking... it's so simple!

blueskana
09-20-2007, 04:44 AM
Where did you go?

eTiMaGo
09-20-2007, 05:04 AM
Where did you go?

Home :smile:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/blog.php?b=15

blueskana
09-20-2007, 06:36 AM
Cool :smile:

PETERPOOP
05-16-2009, 02:01 PM
ok cool, now lock it up. :)

ROCKLAND TOYOTA
05-16-2009, 02:03 PM
i can't believe that last post before this was 2007.

PETERPOOP
05-16-2009, 02:26 PM
i have no problem w/ street racing threads, and i understand your nazi comment. however, you're a mod, this thread was started by you about street racing,and you want to let it go? come on. :P

frownonfun
05-16-2009, 02:43 PM
lol. why can't a mod start a topic about street racing? what exactly is the harm in that? are people looking up to the mods as role models? he just told a story anyway. he wasn't exactly endorsing street racing. and even if he was what does that really have to do with his status as a moderator on a website?

in fact, peterpoop weren't you the one running no catalytic converter? would that be less acceptable if you were a moderator?

i'm confused.

ROCKLAND TOYOTA
05-16-2009, 02:48 PM
WHY can't a mod start a topic like this? i think its self explanatory......

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9667

frownonfun
05-16-2009, 02:52 PM
WHY can't a mod start a topic like this? i think its self explanatory......

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9667

yeah but this thread was started way before that. i'm just wondering what all the crying was about back then. but it doesn't matter it was way before my time here. still i was always in agreement with not talking about religion or politics on the forums but censoring speech about street racing is just retarded. and, mind you, i don't even street race. i just don't see the harm in talking about it. people are gonna do it anyway. but whatever.

ha. plus how can you say it has no place amongst us law abiding citizens when people are constantly doing illegal modifications to their car and then posting about it? how's that any different?

ROCKLAND TOYOTA
05-16-2009, 03:16 PM
You know what I just realized? I hate this forum. :laugh:

im the biggest offender of this topic and if i can't post then no one should be able to.....

PETERPOOP
05-16-2009, 07:32 PM
lol. why can't a mod start a topic about street racing? what exactly is the harm in that? are people looking up to the mods as role models? he just told a story anyway. he wasn't exactly endorsing street racing. and even if he was what does that really have to do with his status as a moderator on a website?

in fact, peterpoop weren't you the one running no catalytic converter? would that be less acceptable if you were a moderator?

i'm confused.

i have a hi-flow cat. slow down cowboy before you know the facts. the mods are suppose to lock or erase all threads that include street racing. i wish they didn't do that,but they do. i've had acouple threads locked/erased cuz of it. so like rockland said, if I can't do it, why should anyone else be able to do it? ESPECIALLY a mod. :thumbdown:

ChinoCharles
05-16-2009, 08:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laxyoaHOP1c

Thej3sta2
05-16-2009, 09:00 PM
T-bagged the wrx niceeeeee

Sabretooth
05-16-2009, 09:14 PM
This thread is several years old, just revived from the dead...Deal people...

The whole banning of these types of topics was set into place a while ago, and there was a period where this was the most dead board on the whole forum, due to most of the things people would post were either one of the following: 1) Street Racing Threads 2) Anti Street Racing Threads 3) People complaining about another guy who "attempted to race them"

Rarely was a Yaris put on the track in the US/CAN...just because it just sounded silly until we got a whole mess of suspension mods on the market.

I mean really, was the thread locked, then re-opened? If thats the case, then something should be done to lock and delete it. Seeing only persons who can reopen a locked thread are moderators.

If it was just sitting here burried under pages after pages of threads, its no different than someone finding a Performance mod thread that dates back to 2007 and reviving it.

Tamago
05-19-2009, 07:24 PM
i have a hi-flow cat. slow down cowboy before you know the facts. the mods are suppose to lock or erase all threads that include street racing. i wish they didn't do that,but they do. i've had acouple threads locked/erased cuz of it. so like rockland said, if I can't do it, why should anyone else be able to do it? ESPECIALLY a mod. :thumbdown:

i think peterpoop and rockland share a timeshare together and hold hands on the beach, listening to air supply on the same set of earbuds on their ipod video..

cry us a river kids.

the post was made before street racing was disallowed on yarisworld and was only bumped to make the point that chino and the wrx dude are now friends. i find that pretty entertaining, street racing aside.