PDA

View Full Version : ME VS 5TH GEN CIVIC HATCH...

ROCKLAND TOYOTA
09-01-2007, 02:48 PM
one of the techs here has a hatch he's prepping for a k-series swap, he's got intake,suspension,and a cat back custom bent exhaust and that shitty 1.5 engine. he eluded to one of my boys he wanted to show me how slow a yaris really is. so anyway after work last night we met at the stoplight by my job. i as we lined up he was bullshitting to me about my new foglights and the light turnrd green and he surprised me at the line.we both hit second gear at the same time(me powershifting again) and i pull up to his front 1/4 panel and proceed to pass him as i powershift 3rd. i shut down at 80 and proceeded home after he turned. i'll be seeing him tuesday for his thoughts...

black2yaris
09-01-2007, 02:53 PM
damn Rock , you get around ...

Sabretooth
09-01-2007, 04:02 PM
lol, you gotta think... and I love this, most cars loose power over time. when I first got the Yaris, I actually had talked a guy with a 93 Neon to line it up on a service road in the back our shop (we use it to move the trucks from the main road to the shop...I would say its about 1/6 of a mile)...I actually had guys literally betting on what was to be dubed the slowest race in town. Lol, when I actually lined er up, I launched pretty decent, still not getting a feel for the car. Hit second pretty sharp, and just kept looking in my rear view as the lil Neon kept pushing back more and more. Poor thing didnt stand a chance, did I mention his motor was in the kind of shape where it sounded like he had an Intake/Exhaust/Header combo, but it was all stock?

nqd
09-01-2007, 04:07 PM
all these street racing stories....geez...calm down....but good job

ROCKLAND TOYOTA
10-19-2008, 07:28 PM
funny seeing this again and knowing that ive added 2 more eg hatches to my kill list......

neo1985
11-03-2008, 06:34 PM
i killed few civics as well

largeorangefont
11-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Congratulations. You beat a slow car with your slow car.

whooppee777
11-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Congratulations. You beat a slow car with your slow car.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

i raced brazdon after the lawrence show. all he has is an intake, header and light 15 inch wheels. he kicked my ass. but for the sake of making excuses i had heavy ass 18 inch rims with heavy ass wide rubber, and 2 stock 15 inch steelies in my trunk + road trip accessories.

PETERPOOP
11-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Yaris Street races FTW!

when i get my intake manifold on, I am going to have some races uploaded to youtube! besure to subscribe to me because my threads on the races will get locked and deleted once I start them up!

http://www.youtube.com/peterpoop

eTiMaGo
11-04-2008, 09:55 AM
yep... rules are rules, sorry