PDA

View Full Version : New Corolla in New Zealand

ToyotaTEch21
09-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Has anybody seen pics of the corolla from new Zealand? I wonder if its what the US corolla is going to look like soon. I had one of my instructors at toyota school tell me a rumor that was the corolla and matrix were going to be redesigned for the US. The hatch looks a little like the Yaris. Anybody have any info?

http://www.toyota.co.nz/MOTMNav/2007Corolla

black2yaris
09-02-2007, 12:11 AM
WoW ! The return of the Station Wagon ... The ladies will love it ! all over agin

I like the way they have cleaned up the lines / look of the car

gaffo
09-02-2007, 12:16 AM
I bet that is what we will get - the hatch looks exactly like the Yaris!!

I like the styling of the Yaris - very classy-modern lines with "bubblecar - futurama 1980's concept car" thrown in.

BUT - to have all Toyota look like a Yaris!!!!!!!!!!........shows a profound................

1. lack of creativity

2. laziness in design

3. both.

- God, I hope we don't have another "every car looks like the Ford Taurus" "jellybean sedan" 20 year run!!!!!!!!!!........not again PLEASE!

Bredayaris
09-02-2007, 03:43 AM
That's odd, but i think better.
In New Zealand the hatch and sedan are both called Corolla.

Here the hatch is called Auris and the sedan Corolla

Trish
09-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Not bad at all.

Looking like the kid of yaris+camery, but the what consumers wanted. All brands make look like all their models the same because people want a Camery but only can afford a Corolla.

jdium
09-03-2007, 04:55 PM
I kinda like the hatch. As for all Toyota's looking like a Yaris, maybe the Yaris looks like all Toyotas. The design base is focusing on the Prius, not the Yaris IMO. No problem with that, create a strong brand image, focus on what people like, and flaunt it...

stuffy
09-03-2007, 06:03 PM
this corrolla hatch will replace the matrix in the n.american market, and it will be styled just a bit differently and be called the blade

uncleyaris
09-03-2007, 07:30 PM
love the headlights! hey Echo, how you been!!!