PDA

View Full Version : Black powder coat my wheels?

vacantj
09-03-2007, 02:05 AM
This is what my car looks like and I'm stuck with the wheels below (5ZIGEN SC3000 Hyperblack wheels) so below are my options what do you guys think?

This is what my car looks like and I'm thinking black wheels will look much better with the car - that said below are my options..

Option A - sell the 5Zigen wheels and get some black wheels..
Option B - black powder coat the wheels..
Option C - put them on and live with them..
Option D - put the wheel on and change all the black parts that I painted to silver and unsmoke my tail lights..

What do you guys think?

yrsdrgn
09-03-2007, 02:07 AM
Those rims look pretty good. I say keep them ^^

jdium
09-03-2007, 04:13 AM
size?

black2yaris
09-03-2007, 08:35 AM
run the wheels, save some cash up , then buy new black ones , off these to another Yari , simple but don't hit any curbs while doing any of this

kimona
09-03-2007, 09:39 AM
I love those wheels as they are in hyperblack! As I said in another thread, they are very Euro-Japanese. That design and colour is very popular among young Vitz owners in Japan. Black and coloured wheels are not popular street wheels, but are generally weekend racing wheels.

If I were you, I would replace the Netz badges (front and rear) with silver Toyota ones. Then, get a Belta or Vios badge for the rear and keep it silver as well.

Leave your tails smoked... they look good like that, and then your rear garnish would probably work in black. Get some black wheel lugs (and maybe detail the centercap with black). Finally, get some side fender markers and smoke those too.

You'll have a Belta that looks more Japanese than American wannabe racer.

brickhardmeat
09-03-2007, 09:48 AM
no, don't do the black with polished lip thing please keep as is

paradigm
09-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Option C. The rims look cool either way. And if it does bug you that much i agree that later on you could always sell them.

PetersRedYaris
09-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Run them just as they are, they look great.