PDA

View Full Version : Pricing on 2007 LB

jenhao
09-04-2007, 02:36 AM
Hi all,

I am planning to buy a 2007 Yaris LB in the next 2 weeks in LA area and would like to get some inputs from you regarding pricing before talking to the "stealers".

The options I have in mind are:

Automatic
Power Package
Keyless entry
Carpet

MSRP = $14,380

What kind of offer do you think I would be able to negotiate and how difficult is it now to find the Yaris I want?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

DuckinOut
09-04-2007, 03:47 AM
are you planning to pay for it in full???? or financing????

black2yaris
09-04-2007, 12:03 PM
expect to pay near sticker .. as the cars are selling well .. meaning that if u don't buy it someone soon will ..

jenhao
09-04-2007, 01:31 PM
are you planning to pay for it in full???? or financing????

I will finance it.

Has anyone used e-loan or capital one auto loan before? If I bring a E-loan check to the dealer, I should be able to negotiate like paying cash, right?

Thanks again!

reznunt
09-04-2007, 02:02 PM
expect to pay near sticker .. as the cars are selling well .. meaning that if u don't buy it someone soon will ..

no way. this is what they tell customers so they don't have to budge on the price. if you believe them then you might as well pay sticker because that's the best deal you are going to get.

the truth is, the salesman always wants to sell a car. they aren't going to wait around for someone else to buy it to make a few extra hundered bucks for the dealership. play a few dealerships against each other and you'll see how low they can really go. tell the dealership you are talking to that longo has the exact car you are looking at for $xx cheaper otd. use longo as your lowest price since other dealerships have no access to their inventory and longo doesn't do dealer trades. for the options you listed, $14k otd or less would be a good area to target for. it might take you about a week or so and traveling to a bunch of dealerships, but it's worth it to get the best deal.

jenhao
09-04-2007, 02:39 PM
no way. this is what they tell customers so they don't have to budge on the price. if you believe them then you might as well pay sticker because that's the best deal you are going to get.

the truth is, the salesman always wants to sell a car. they aren't going to wait around for someone else to buy it to make a few extra hundered bucks for the dealership. play a few dealerships against each other and you'll see how low they can really go. tell the dealership you are talking to that longo has the exact car you are looking at for $xx cheaper otd. use longo as your lowest price since other dealerships have no access to their inventory and longo doesn't do dealer trades. for the options you listed, $14k otd or less would be a good area to target for. it might take you about a week or so and traveling to a bunch of dealerships, but it's worth it to get the best deal.

Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

ChinoCharles
09-04-2007, 03:35 PM
You can get close to $1,000 under that MSRP I'm sure. Just haggle, and most of all MAKE THEM SHOW YOU INVOICE. You can get invoice pricing.

DuckinOut
09-05-2007, 01:52 AM
unless you have AAA insurance, you can get the AAA discounted price for fully loaded . you would need to contact AAA and they will get you a print out of the discounted price

jenhao
09-06-2007, 01:29 AM
unless you have AAA insurance, you can get the AAA discounted price for fully loaded . you would need to contact AAA and they will get you a print out of the discounted price

Costco member price is $100 above invoice, it doesn't sound as good as the other members here negotiated. I looked at a dealer invoice and it actually includes $361 dealer hold back in the invoice price, which means there is at least $361 profit even they claim they are not making any money by selling at invoice.

I will try to see if I can do better than the costco price on the 2007's. If not, I will just wait for the 08's to arrive and get it with costco price.