PDA

View Full Version : tire shine

casterqc
07-07-2006, 11:45 AM
If you're looking for a good product to shine your tires you have to try Turtle Wax Platinum- Tire gel.

I've tried many products but this one is by far the best I have used...it gives your tire that wet look for days and it is not messy at all (like some other products that put liquid dust everywhere on your wheels.)

Anyway, I just wanted to share that I like that product:thumbup:

...Btw I'm not working for Turtle wax...:biggrin:

swng
07-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Hope to have information on how long the shine normally lasts :smile:.

rstb88
07-08-2006, 07:50 PM
I've had that stuff last up to a month, Rain or shine. And my moms tire still glimmer a little after about 6weeks.

swng
07-09-2006, 12:05 AM
Sounds like a winner. Thanks!

fred812
07-31-2006, 10:34 PM
Ive used the Son of a Gun, chiepy wally mart foam 1.97$ 20 oz can contains silicates?? Lasts alot longer than the name brands for 3x the money

Boo
07-31-2006, 11:38 PM
Ive used the Son of a Gun, chiepy wally mart foam 1.97$ 20 oz can contains silicates?? Lasts alot longer than the name brands for 3x the money

I use the same kind too.. The shine last very long! :headbang:

TRD_Yaris
08-12-2006, 07:35 AM
Zep auto products, they won't sell to the public, but almost EVERY PROFESSIONAL CAR DETAILER I'VE EVER MET swears by it. too bad you must be a pro to get it. it's the same with their vanilla creme protectant for interior plastic/vinyl.....smells wonderful and goes on thin and smooth without attracting dust.

jonr0613
11-21-2006, 07:54 AM
i've tried son of a gun and it works pretty nice....

vodkalush
11-21-2006, 08:30 AM
I love cheapy wally world products (well ones that actually are up to par with the non-cheap) when I run out of my tire shine crap I'll give it a try.

spkrman
11-22-2006, 03:54 AM
I love cheapy wally world products (well ones that actually are up to par with the non-cheap) when I run out of my tire shine crap I'll give it a try.

the glass cleaner they have is thecheapest and the best too, go figure.

Lafiro
11-22-2006, 11:45 AM
I use it myself, and it works. Of course it looks 10times better the first few days but the shone/clean look still stays for maybe 2-4weeks.

ceres
11-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Was told by a friend who is a big car buff. It's used a lot at shows but you shouldn't keep it on the tires long because the chemicals will deteriorate it at a much faster rate.

ChinoCharles
11-22-2006, 03:07 PM
Always be careful with tire shines with silicates... its horrible for paint. Have a towel handy to wipe the excess off.

I use Meguiars Hot Shine and after about a dozen uses I'm not all that impressed. I'll have to try the Turtle Wax gel.

On a sadder note, I just ran over an entire can of Invisible Glass. :mad:

ChinoCharles
11-22-2006, 03:24 PM
As a matter of fact, I just washed her 15 minutes ago. Cue the crap cell phone picture...

She also got three coats of ICE and a coat of detailing spray. The picture doesn't do the shine justice. You can kind of see the smoked tails and side marker too. I took the hubcaps off because I got bored, and she looks good dressed in black. My new vinyl came in today, so expect a DIY for smoked tails Friday night.

spkrman
11-22-2006, 03:37 PM
As a matter of fact, I just washed her 15 minutes ago. Cue the crap cell phone picture...

She also got three coats of ICE and a coat of detailing spray. The picture doesn't do the shine justice. You can kind of see the smoked tails and side marker too. I took the hubcaps off because I got bored, and she looks good dressed in black. My new vinyl came in today, so expect a DIY for smoked tails Friday night.

smoked tails sweet, post it up :bow:

swng
11-23-2006, 01:28 AM
A job well done ChinoCharles! But I think leaving the hubcaps on may produce some contrast for the black and shiny tires. It's up to you, of course.
Your cell phone camera is quite good too!

keesue
11-23-2006, 11:58 AM
Chino, you be gettin' down, dude...

bigsky2
11-23-2006, 02:13 PM

Hey buddy what kind of TIRE SHINE is that?
Looking very sharp man, like you are a regular auto-x'er :laugh:

ChinoCharles
11-23-2006, 10:39 PM
Thanks for all of the compliments guys. I am the true budget modder, so pay attention if you're broke like me! HAHA

Hey buddy what kind of TIRE SHINE is that?
Looking very sharp man, like you are a regular auto-x'er :laugh:

http://www.autogeek.net/mehotshtisp.html

There it is... Meguiars Hot Shine tire spray. It isn't bad, but a can doesn't last very long and neither does the shine to be honest. I'll be trying that TW gel soon.

An auto-x'er, eh? Man, I've got you guys fooled... :laugh:

bigsky2
11-23-2006, 11:11 PM
Thanks for all of the compliments guys. I am the true budget modder, so pay attention if you're broke like me! HAHA

http://www.autogeek.net/mehotshtisp.html

There it is... Meguiars Hot Shine tire spray. It isn't bad, but a can doesn't last very long and neither does the shine to be honest. I'll be trying that TW gel soon.

An auto-x'er, eh? Man, I've got you guys fooled... :laugh:

I'm on the lookout for a new tire shine... Been using a cheap Canadian Tire brand called Simoniz which isn't the best either. The shine lasts only a couple weeks before it wears off. The constant rain we get through the winter months doesn't make things better either.

What's the verdit on the Turtle Wax gel?
Good durable finish, rain or shine?

keesue
11-24-2006, 03:27 PM
Just ICE'd it up!!!!! Trying to look like brother Chino Charles!!!! Heh.... My car is three weeks new. I could feel the applicator draggin' across the surface. The ICE made it smooooooth - it was like puting baby oil on a baby - easy does it! It felt right on new paint. I'm mighty pleased.

Thanks, ChinoCharles for the recommendation and pics! Much appreciated indeed, bro...